Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A profound experience of THAT

Re: A profound experience of THAT

Lucid dreaming is just regular dreaming but you know you are in a dream. I remember doing it once, just laying there thinking and knowing that I was in a dream and was actually laying in bed asleep. It is an interesting experience and there are a lot of websites where you can try out various techinques.

A word of warning , because it is so realistic have some escape plan. Something you can do to know if you are asleep or awake. Some of the people who are better at it have a hard time telling the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Lucid dreaming is just regular dreaming but you know you are in a dream. I remember doing it once, just laying there thinking and knowing that I was in a dream and was actually laying in bed asleep. It is an interesting experience and there are a lot of websites where you can try out various techinques.

If that is it, I have been conscious of the fact that I am dreaming more than once. It is very very soothing experience, even after you wake up ~ but hadn't thought that it could be particularly useful in any ways. I like Sivaya Subramaniyaswami's instruction to leave the dreams in the dreams ~ not very easy always.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    If that is it, I have been conscious of the fact that I am dreaming more than once. It is very very soothing experience, even after you wake up ~ but hadn't thought that it could be particularly useful in any ways. I like Sivaya Subramaniyaswami's instruction to leave the dreams in the dreams ~ not very easy always. [/size][/font]

Namaste sm78 (willie and saidevo),
    LIke you this is a regular part of my dream cycle - to watch and enjoy. I do not think there is any special power here, nor am I inferring Willie or you are suggesting such.

Yet, the part that I understand is 'lucid' - is that one can influence the dream. Saidevo suggest this in his post when he mentions "continuity of consciousness from the waking state to the dreaming state as he falls asleep and dreams. Using that control of consciousness, he can direct his activities in the dreams."

I have read to begin to exercise this ability, when dreaming, try looking at your hands. Inspect them ( turning them over, looking at the palms, the fingers, etc). This suggests one then can direct ones attention. Over time this becomes natural and one is able to 'drive and participate' in the dream as one manages one's dream-awareness state.

I was able to do this on occasion - again no bragging here on my part. For me it's too much effort~! I just enjoy dreaming . I am aware of my dreams more often then not and let it take me where it wishes to go. It's the best part of my day! I have no desire to influence the dream.

Yet one thing I do find curious , on occasion I can wake up, then go back to sleep and choose to pick up the theme of the dream and continue. I say theme because I cannot recall picking up the dream where I left off, but have many times re-engaged the dream's theme or flavor. AN example is like reading a book and going to a different 'chapter' yet still in the same book, if that makes sense.

The most noble and uplifting dream in my life was meeting the blue one, Ram or perhaps it was Krsna, He did not tell me. I wanted to share with him what I was reading at that moment. The dream was very innocent and delicate. I remember it to this day and will till I meet Him again.

Jai Ram Sri Ram Jai Jai Ram

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 06 June 2007 at 09:23 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Yet, the part that I understand is 'lucid' - is that one can influence the dream. Saidevo suggest this in his post when he mentions "continuity of consciousness from the waking state to the dreaming state as he falls asleep and dreams. Using that control of consciousness, he can direct his activities in the dreams."

Heh, but what is the dream?

Love,
    ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,
    for those following along, Manuel's story continues with
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1533

...wanted to insure continuity.

thank you,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    Heh, but what is the dream?
    The most important characteristic of man is his mind. The term man originated from the Sanskrit term manas meaning mind. The true habitat of a man's soul is the mental world. From that standpoint, our sleep and wakeful lives are both dreams. For that matter, the whole creation is a dream of God.

Re: A profound experience of THAT - Part 1

PraNAm

I can relate to
    1. the extreme vairAgya , and
    2. the lucid dreams on this thread.
    While making slight changes to will during the dream is easy, and I am here in this room as well as there...,
    the intuition Krshna offered in the dream was what amazed me the most.

As for the ongoing waking walking vairagya , all I can say is , many times one can get away with it (Krshna's kind arrangement for me - getting the world out of the way sort of, not negatively though), and at other times
    this VairAgya is like a double-edged sword in the material world.

Thank You Yajvanji, Saidevoji and everyone else for this thread.
    Thank You Yajvanji, for your threads on Turya and TuryAtita , i just read.
    Last edited by smaranam; 09 January 2010 at 09:34 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information