Thread: Sri Pujya Ganapati Sachidananda Swami

Sri Pujya Ganapati Sachidananda Swami

Sri Ganapati Sachidananda Swami is great. When he was a child, his grandfather was a freedom fighter. He would make runs to take rice to villagers. Swami always wanted to go with him, and once he was allowed to do so. When the soldiers stopped the cart along the way, they poked through the sacks of rice in which Swami was hiding, and barely missed him. Even during this, he did not let out a cry, and when they arrived, very happily His grandfather found he was alright.

When he was a child, He was not allowed to speak English, and His grandmother would not allow anyone to do so. She would even punish them if they did so! Pahi Pahi Gajanana is a song He sang many times.

He teaches many things, and sometimes He teaches different things. He tells that the true atheist is one who differentiates between Vishnu and Shiva.

He tells that we should chant the names of God, and this purifies ourselves. It helps to create fresh breath.

In all His teachings one can see that it's highest consciousness. True bliss and wisdom.

Swami says that Kannada is a good language to learn. Also it is very good to learn languages, and we learn so much from them.

Very many bhajans that Swami sings are so beautiful. Pahi Pahi Gajanana is wonderful, as are the ones Gana Ganamunaku Patiyena, and bhajans of Shiva and others.

Trishatinama Stutimudite is a beautiful bhajan of Sri Lalita. This one is so beautiful to sing, and Swami leads beautifully. Also one he wrote in earlier times was Alandu Alandu Va Va.

Many of these are available. Swami says that if one takes one step towards him, He takes one thousand towards the person, but if one takes one step away, then Swami takes a hundred steps away. So He is close and close if we go towards Him, but further and further if we go away from Him.

Swami recommends the Gita, and the Bhagavatam, and the others. Guru Gita is a secret text, and in fact very secret. It's spoken by Shiva to Parvati, and contains the greatest secrets of yoga.

Swami says that one should not change gurus. However he also says that you are your own guru.

In fact in Bhagavatam, story of Dattatreya is that He had 24 gurus. Earth, and all others.

But, though Swami said once, you are your guru, the most of the time, guru is recommended. One should never touch the guru's feet without asking. It makes sense. One should not do this certainly. Also the same goes for hugging.

Animals are calm and happy with Swami.

Re: Sri Pujya Ganapati Sachidananda Swami

He seems to be a very ardent devotee of Lord Hanumana... from time and again, I get numerous songs, both composed by swamiji himself as well as some taken from other sources, in my youtube feed. Love all his devotional songs, esp. the Hanumana ones!

Here are a few from my bookmark at Youtube for an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knFElsQDZbQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEnwrcU4yfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Hn_Akt7n4

Thanks for starting this thread! Good one!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

I've gone back and forth with Swamiji a few number of times. (Incidentally, I wrote 'Pujya Sri' in reverse order.)

To start with, I could never say anything about him... He has done more than I ever have. I have always had a close feeling to Him.

An ancient (Buddhist) person from India told -- we should never say, "This was well said, this was not well said," i.e., saying some things are good and some are not, that a Bodhisattva has said.

And indeed - I understand this and follow it...

So --

Always I felt close connection to Swami.... and. . . I can understand what the Buddhist said....

. .

I first discovered Swami a photo, and I knew there was very special about him.

I love Amma (Sri Amritananda Mayi Ma), and I can understand what Appaji says, that one should not switch gurus....

I can understand how it even seems.... too much...

Life is so delicate...

Amma and Appaji, I liked that so much.

'Ma, Ma, Ma' is very easy to say.

It's a very curious thing, and I believe one can learn so much.... From the aspect of not choosing... That is, dust in the eyes.. dust on the fingers... that comes from discrimination... if we discriminate, we create dust in the world, we do not create clarity....

But if we create clarity, if we create calmness, spaciousness,

Then we really create beauty. Peaceful, beautiful... spacious.

So I guess I want to say that,

I love Amma and Appaji

very much.

Namaste Viraja,

I am seated on some rocks. . . comfortably in half lotus. . . all is very well with me; hope you are wonderful.

'Echata Rama Kirtanam', 'Anjaneya Gathivi Neeve,'

Swami very often says one should not compare gurus..

I'm really grateful to Him; I learned so much.. He speaks on many topics and covers basically everything. He teaches about Ragas, Raga Ragini... He says it cannot be taught. Very early I understood how wonderful His bhajans were... From the first notes... He always tells that Mother Goddess controls Him, always is directing his movements.

Sri Swamiji is brilliant; I have always in my life looked for the best, for the highest...

His bhajans were the first thing I listened to.. Later, while later I learned his speeches were recorded. . . This was after some searching, for books, "books pdf," -- these type of searches. . .

He tells about every subject, and He is very insightful... He tells about the Devathas and all stories from Bhagavatam. He tells the different Bhagavatams, but Moola Bhagavatam is His favorite..

This one I had listened to all 12 cantos, from start to finish, several times in my life. . .

Randomly, Sri Swamiji will throw in a tidbit of wisdom, which we should remember... He talks about Nada, about everything in life. . .

If one is in peace and happiness, one can learn spirituality very nicely -- if one is need of peace and security; I think Swamiji will never let one down...

Because remember, God is always with us, ... If we can see as God sees, we are always at peace and happy.. we are always safe.. if we have God's view.

I have dozens of favorites of His bhajans, I cannot particularly pick any of them.

His speeches are a wealth of knowledge... of an extraordinary measure... Nothing is like this anywhere...

Swami is always cool with animals. . . There are wonderful videos of them.

May all be happy and at peace

Yes He considers Hanuman very highly and says so many things about Him.

Oh, here can be found his speeches. I have never encountered anything like them anywhere... They are such a wealth of spiritual knowledge... I've read almost all of them and many twice.. -- IT's very good to practice memory exercises so that one can remember them perfectly..

After reading His writings, there's not much else I can then read..... Mostly those and AlphaZero chess games (AlphaZero is a computer who won against the previous best computer...not ever losing a game... in that one realm, very intelligent.)

Buddha didn't play chess, but Krishna did.

May god bless all of you ,,
    health perfect happiness, peace

https://dattavani.org/pravachana-malika/datta-vaakya/

May we all can be brave like Swami, and kind to all animals.

Even plants so wonderful, as they make air fresh for us.

May all be happy and at peace.

Namaste timetraveller,

Nice posting. I have been going through certain parts of srimad bhagavatam recently and today you posted this.

https://dattavani.org/pravachana-malika/datta-vaakya/

I look forward to hearing and leaning more about Bhagavatam from him. Sri Ganapati Sachidananda Swami Ji does this sometimes to me, appears at the right time.

Jai Guru Datta

It's beautiful and really nice.

Yes I also had many serendipitous moments and events of this nature. The first was when I found Him for the first time. . . Then later two events,. . . I won't detail them but they were very nice. . .

Is there any limit to growth?

This is a very good question. . .

May all be happy,

Markandeya it's nice to meet you and talk to you.

I like names and things starting with M_ . . . the other day I thought of categorizing many names of God by different Letters.... Ardanareesvhara was my thought. . .

M is one I always like; Maheshvari, Mallikarjuna, Mariamman,,.. and now Markandeya ji

Thread Information