Namaste,

At Sholingur in TamilNadu state of India, there are several dedicated temples to Sri Yoga Narasimha Swami and Sri Yoga Anjaneyar (hanumana). The temples are located up on top of 2 separate, and adjacent hills. At the foot of the temple, there is a large tank and also houses a temple to Sri Varadaraja Swami (Vishnu).

These temples are said to be very powerful to cure ailments, and for all kinds of prayers. I have not visited them, but yearn to, for some personal prayers. Also from the temple tank at the foot of the hill, on full Moon evenings, devotees go round the hills, which is about 21 km in total distance, also known as girivalam.

The larger of the two shrines seems to be the Anjaneya Swami temple, located on the small hill. It takes about 400 steps to climb the small hill. The eyes of Sri Yoga Anjaneya is said to be focused/onlooking at the feet of Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swami, whose temple is located at the top of the adjacent larger hill, and takes about 1300 steps to reach the temple from the bottom of the hill.

I am curious to learn more about the climb to the top of both the hills. Is there any reader of this thread who has visited this temple? Even if not, you can help me with some of the following questions:

1. I know faith and devotion make on perform miracles. Nevertheless, my faith and devotion, are but limited. Many devotees have told me climbing 1300 steps (to the Narasimha temple) is a daunting task. Especially to be noted is that, I always struggle to climb up stairs. I wonder how long it will take to climb 1300 steps? Anyone can give a rough idea for someone who has problems climbing steps /stairs like me? (I know to climb the Statue of Liberty up to the pedestal, it is 354 steps and I used to sweat and pant profusely and found it quite a struggle to climb, both the times I have visited the place...).

2. To someone who has visited, is it possible to visit just the Hanuman shrine at the smaller hill and not visit the Narasimha temple at all? Would it be a blunder?

3. Is it possible to take any shortcut to go around the hills (girivalam) instead of the 21 km route? Can this be done on any day or just on full Moon days?

I will benefit immensely should someone provide answers.

Thanks.