Namaste,

The other day sometime back, a thought occurred to me.

That man is told that as he gets better spiritually, his enjoyment factor in life would improve... (sins diminish, he becomes good).

But consider this, the truly enlightened DO NOT cherish life and its enjoyments as much as a bonded soul! He cares not for the mundane offerings of life.

Therefore, it appears to me that bonded that we mostly are, our enjoyment of life is so much better...

A fully realized soul has no yearnings, he has no purpose on planet earth.

It also appears to me, a certain amount of fine balance is needed between the bonded quotient and the realized quotient. The realized quotient, so that he can tread the righteous path and earn a lasting good name and fame, and all goodness to come, and the bonded quotient, so that he can enjoy life... at last!

I'm particularly writing this to address the issue of self-denial of pleasures that is stressed in religion - we negate this and that, but to what end? At the end, we only rise up to the level where rewards are meaningless to us.

May be, I think, that is why 'living to the moment' is a better choice. That is, instead of denying yourself or letting go of your instincts, express them. This may be a more rewarding experience and out of karma, will actually lead you faster across ascension spiritually.

Am I being 'anti-Hindu'?

Many thanks for reading.