Thread: God appreciation thread

God appreciation thread

Namaste,

I looked around and realized there is no one thread dedicated to 'god appreciation'. Yes, I mean, concrete results where what you prayed for has been granted by the divine - and you believe it is a mini-miracle that otherwise could not have happened (without the prayers, that is).

I will go first - since Jan 2012 up until start of this year (Jan 2018), I had a huge break in career. Not that one I wanted, but partly forced on me and partly because after 4+ yrs, I couldn't find job back, in the field I was in!

I tried and tried and tried, in fact, posted a thread here too - for which someone even said owing to signatures in my natal chart, me finding worthwhile employment back again is unlikely.

I prayed several mandala to propitiate my natal Venus and Sun, by praying every day for an hour minimum reciting slokas to Lakshmi Devi and Narasimha swami. Lo! I did find job back in Jan 2018, rather miraculously! A good one at that.

# 2:

I know not many people will like someone getting job by divine intervention rather than personal effort or merit. But it did happen to my mother. Born in a poor, struggling family, and having lost father at her childhood, my mother was raised only by her own mother, who did tailoring service to earn a monthly income.

When my mother was about 25, having completed her graduation somehow, she was wondering what was going to happen to her life. She perceived no purpose to her education and was distraught.

One day, my grandmother's tailoring customer suddenly came to their home and extended a letter to my mother. "This is tomorrow's Bank exam questionnaire, prepare this and you will get job if you give correct answers!" he said.

And that is how my mother got Bank job.

Soon afterwards, grandmother visited goddess Karumariamman temple in Thiruvarkadu, TN. Goddess spoke through a medium to her and said, "Did your girl find a job? I only sent in my devotee to help her!" and named the person who handed out the questionnaire!

Astonishing isn't it? Like they say in Tamil, "For the direction-less, the only savior is god".

Please add your success stories to this thread.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: God appreciation thread

Namaste

I woukd like to sing this bhajan in Gratitude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0HphOaoGdQ

Meaning:
    O Most compassionate and ever victorious achiever of the Highest goals and wonders, protector or the citizens and all living beings,
    You are the beautiful form of VishNu, Shri KRshNa Your Majesty, You alone are our Lord and Master.
    Every particle of nature bows down to You with full faith (as You are the Divine residing in each particle of nature)
    Victory and Glories to You O King of DwArkA -- which the entrance (dwAr) to the spiritual and the moksha dwAr - gate to liberation from saMsAra (world).
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 17 November 2018 at 04:47 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

*There is a group of devotees of Shri KRshNa - called "KRshNa Kutir" and "Shri KRshNa LeelA Kendra" (main centers in Maharashtra and other parts of India, one in LA), many of whom have recorded experiences of how KRshNa has helped them in sankaT (difficult times and situations) by the grace of their Guruji Leelatai Karve - to whom KRshNa spoke to give directions to the group.

*There are stories of Banke Bihari ji (KRshNa)

*There are numerous stories of devotees being helped by Shiv, Devi, Ram, Sita, Hanuman, Shirdi Sai Baba, Raghavendra Swami, saints and Gurus, in difficult situations

Parameshwar helps when devotees turn to Him in faith , trust or surrender.

There was a TV show "Man me hai vishwAs" -- devotees could send their stories, and the show would act it out via actors

Man me vishwaas hai
    usne hi pAyA hai bas UskA sAth
    jiske hi man me vishwaas hai ,,,, beautiful song. "One who has faith and trust in the Supreme Divine has received His grace and association." but I would say He is too compassionate - he helps atheists too, who turn into His devotees.

I am reminded of the poem "Footprints in the sands of time" The poet says "I see your footprints next to mine, but when I was facing difficult times, there was only one set of footprints. Where were you at the time?" God says "All those times I was carrying you"
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 12 November 2018 at 06:16 AM.

Who says BhagavAn (Bramhan' , paramAtmA, Parameshwar), does not come to His devotees, live, eat, sleep, dance, sing, teach, mentor, guide, BE ?
    Singer - Vikram Harza,
    If you call Him like Meera, put Him to sleep with a lullaby like Mother Yashoda, carefully offer Him the best like Shabri offered only the sweetest berries to Shri RAm, make Him dance like the Gopis of Vrundavan (extension : play with Him like the little cowherd boys, be a disciple like Arjun )
    He will surely come, sleep, eat, dance, sing, play, teach, protect, and be your friend

Man me vishwaas hai ~

Every perceived obstacle will go away if you develop a longing for Him.
    Then, whether you tell Him or not, He will read every problem/sorrow (One Who knows without being told)
    If one calls Him with a pure and sincere mind-heart (attitude), He listens to them

That person has received His Grace and association, in whose mind there is trust, hope, trust...
    Who says BhagavAn does not come to the devotee? Does the devotee offer Him the best berries like Shabri did?

He is with you in every moment of sorrow and happiness.
    Why go searching for Him ?! He is right here with you!

That person has received His Grace and association, in whose mind there is trust, hope, trust...
    Who says BhagavAn does not come to devotees?
    Does the devotee call Him like Meera did?

There is trust, faith and hope in the mind
    Om bhur bhuvah: svah: -- Om (primordial sound to invoke Bramhan' ) - Who pervades the 3 worlds - mortal-physical, astral, celestial and spiritual
    The Truth is auspicious , Shiv
    Shiv - the auspicious Bramhan' that pervades all, is beautiful
    Who says BhagavAn (KRshNa) does not come to devotees?
    Does the devotee call Him like Meera did?
    Who says BhagavAn (RAm) does not come to the devotee?
    Does the devotee offer Him the best berries like Shabri did?

*DEFINITION of BhagavAn : One who possesses the six oppulences in full i.e. Who is shaDaishvarya sampanna :
    (i) Shri - wealth of all kinds, mostly Divine qualities, oppulence, siddhis,
    (ii) Shakti - strength at all levels
    (iii) vairAgya - perfect renunciation
    (iv) lAvaNya - beauty at all levels
    (v) vidyA - Knowledge, Omniscience
    (vi) kIrtI - Fame
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 17 November 2018 at 06:18 PM.

Namaste Ameyatma ji,

Please understand the intention of this thread is not bhajans. There are other threads dedicated to this purpose. I would have really appreciated if you had posted some personal experience of yours where your prayer was answered.

But nevertheless I understand your enthusiasm, and appreciate the great bhajans you have contributed. Here is one favorite Krishna bhajan from ISKCON I love : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVuY8bfzbgM

Thank you for understanding!

Warmly,

Viraja

It looks like you did not listen to the bhajans very closely
    They speak a lot, and acc. to me are relevant to the thread. I just did not want your thread to go empty - and I did point to devotee experiences in post 3

Yes, saMsAra dAvAnala is a good expression and relevant. Vande guroh: shri charaNaravindam

I am sorry to disappoint you Viraja ji, but I become speechless, dumbfound and cannot utter a word. Therefore please accepts the bhajans as what i have to say.

No problem, thanks a bunch, friend!

_/\_...
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 15 November 2018 at 08:22 AM.

Thread Information