Hi all, I'm really hoping someone can help me with an issue I've struggled with for a long time.

Without writing an essay I've recently discovered a practice that works for me (devotion to Krishna and chanting the mahamantra). It's changed my life, I've become a vegetarian, changed careers and I think I'm just becoming an all round better person.

But... I've always been drawn to Western Traditions such as Druidry and Kaballah. I find them fascinating and believe there is a lot of truth behind them. Where I struggle now is that I'd like to add some Western practices into my spiritual life but I'm not sure how they would partner with the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and other scriptures.

I understand that the worship of minor deities is widely practiced and not seen as negative in many traditions but the form of Krishna worship most widely seen in the West (I'm from the uk) strongly frowns upon it.

I suppose my question is how would communication with spirits and minor deities usually be seen in a Hindu context, and is it something I can reconcile with my current practice which I think could be described as Vaishnava?

My gut feeling is that I really want to find a way to utilise both practices but I'm a sucker for needing to 'do things right' and I'm concerned a particular dogma is starting to cloud my objectivity.

I hope this makes sense!

Best wishes.