Namaste everyone.

I haven't posted here in a long time. But right now I'm in a middle of a dilemma and would appreciate your help and guidance.

My aunt and uncle are coming over this weekend. They're both Christians. They pray everyday and go to church. I have a deep respect for their faith. I visited them last summer and had a blast. I always let them talk to me about Jesus because I love to hear stories from people who are strong in their faith. The problem is...they don't know I'm a Hindu and for now, I don't want them to know. Here's why.

Few years ago I dated a guy who was Christian. I talked to him about my Hindu beliefs and how much I enjoy reading Bhagavad Gita. He listened to me carefully, and after that he stated as-a-matter-of-factly that "Hinduism came from Satan and Jesus is the only and true way to salvation". I respected his point of view, but was kinda disappointed that he was so narrow-minded. His statment hurt me a little.
The thing is... I respect all religions. I also have deep respect for all people who believe in God and practice what they preach. What I don't respect is other people disrespecting all religions other than theirs.

So, back to my aunt and uncle coming over... I have installed altar in my room. It has pictures of Ganesha, Krishna, Sri Chaitanya and Sathya Sai Baba on it. This is also where I keep my japa-mala and all sacred Hindu books I own. Since I don't want to have a falling out with my family, I decided that I will remove all the sacred items from my altar and replace them with something neutral, like flowers or something. Will this offend Krishna? This question keeps haunting me, even though a part of me tells me that Krishna understands my heart and reasons behind why I do what I do. I'm curious, will this create bad karma?

I love my family, and have no preconcieved notion about people of other religions in general. But all (and I mean, ALL) Christians I've ever met were not friendly when other religions would be mentioned. Last year, when I visited my uncle and aunt, they spoke about how they pray to Jesus regularly and this is why they're so healthy and happy. I have tried to pray to Jesus more than once, I felt nothing. I tried to read Bible, again, nothing. But when I give my honest desires to Krishna, magic happens. It's not just about fulfilling desires, it's much more than that.

Please, let me know what you think. Is it okay if I "hide" my altar for two days, in order to stay away from a possibility of someone offending Krishna? I know there will come a day when I won't be able to hide it anymore, but right now, I'm not ready for it.

Thank you in advance.