Thread: Ignortant Praveen Taaneja

Ignortant Praveen Taaneja

Ram Ram Ji
    I am Praveen Taneja of 51 years of age doing puja and pilgrimmage for many years but I feel loneliness and feel I know nothing about God and myself sometime I feel I am ignorant about even myself yet I know I am too bad telling lies incompetent unable to give livelihood to family which they deserve still I feel I know nothing and too much ignorant on this forum whith so many intelligent and spiritually genious members how to reduce my ignorance and try to know more and more about God
    Jai Ram Ji Ki
    Hey Ram Hey Mere Ram Main Apko Bhuloon Nahin

Re: Ignortant Praveen Taaneja

Namaste Praveen Taneja

The Vedic scriptures are the source of what you are looking for. Start with Bhagavad Gita, where Krishna describes in Chapter 10 who He is.

BG 10.19: The Blessed Lord spoke: I shall now briefly describe my divine glories to you, O best of the Kurus, for there is no end to their detail.
    BG 10.20: O Arjun, I am seated in the heart of all living entities. I am the beginning, middle, and end of all beings.
    BG 10.21: Amongst the twelve sons of Aditi I am Vishnu; amongst luminous objects I am the sun. Know me to be Marichi amongst the Maruts, and the moon amongst the stars in the night sky.
    BG 10.22: I am the Sāma Veda amongst the Vedas, and Indra amongst the celestial gods. Amongst the senses I am the mind; amongst the living beings I am consciousness.
    G 10.23: Amongst the Rudras know me to be Shankar; amongst the demons I am Kuber. I am Agni amongst the Vasus and Meru amongst the mountains.
    BG 10.24: O Arjun, amongst priests I am Brihaspati; amongst warrior chiefs I am Kartikeya; and amongst reservoirs of water know me to be the ocean.
    BG 10.25: I am Bhrigu amongst the great seers and the transcendental Om amongst sounds. Amongst chants know me to be the repetition of the Holy Name; amongst immovable things I am the Himalayas.
    BG 10.26: Amongst trees I am the banyan tree; of the celestial sages I am Narad. Amongst the Gandharvas I am Chitrath, and amongst the siddhas I am the sage Kapil. BG 10.27: Amongst horses know me to be Ucchaihshrava, begotten from the churning of the ocean of nectar. I am Airavata amongst all lordly elephants, and the king amongst humans.
    BG 10.28: I am the Vajra (thunderbolt) amongst weapons and Kamadhenu amongst the cows. I am Kaamdev, the god of love, amongst all causes for procreation; amongst serpents I am Vasuki.
    BG 10.29: Amongst the snakes I am Anant; amongst aquatics I am Varun. Amongst the departed ancestors I am Aryama; amongst dispensers of law I am Yamraj, the lord of death.
    BG 10.30: I am Prahlad amongst the demons; amongst all that controls I am time. Know me to be the lion amongst animals, and Garud amongst the birds.
    BG 10.31: Amongst purifiers I am the wind, and amongst wielders of weapons I am Lord Ram. Of water creatures I am the crocodile, and of flowing rivers I am the Ganges.
    BG 10.32: O Arjun, know me to be the beginning, middle, and end of all creation. Amongst sciences I am the science of spirituality, and in debates I am the logical conclusion.
    BG 10.33: I am the beginning “A” amongst all letters; I am the dual word in grammatical compounds. I am the endless Time, and amongst creators I am Brahma.
    BG 10.34: I am the all-devouring Death, and I am the origin of those things that are yet to be. Amongst feminine qualities I am fame, prosperity, fine speech, memory, intelligence, courage, and forgiveness.
    BG 10.35: Amongst the hymns in the Sāma Veda know me to be the Brihatsama; amongst poetic meters I am the Gayatri. Of the twelve months of the Hindu calendar I am Margsheersh, and of seasons I am spring, which brings forth flowers.
    BG 10.36: I am the gambling of the cheats and the splendor of the splendid. I am the victory of the victorious, the resolve of the resolute, and the virtue of the virtuous.
    BG 10.37: Amongst the descendants of Vrishni, I am Krishna, and amongst the Pandavas I am Arjun. Know me to be Ved Vyas amongst the sages, and Shukracharya amongst the great thinkers.
    BG 10.38: I am just punishment amongst means of preventing lawlessness, and proper conduct amongst those who seek victory. Amongst secrets I am silence, and in the wise I am their wisdom.
    BG 10.39: I am the generating seed of all living beings, O Arjun. No creature moving or non-moving can exist without me.
    BG 10.40: There is no end to my divine manifestations, O conqueror of enemies. What I have declared to you is a mere sample of my infinite glories.
    BG 10.41: Whatever you see as beautiful, glorious, or powerful, know it to spring from but a spark of my splendor.
    BG 10.42: What need is there for all this detailed knowledge, O Arjun? Simply know that by one fraction of my being, I pervade and support this entire creation.

Source with commentary – there are much more to be found on the web.
    https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/10/verse/1

Further you may read the Upanishads. In Chandogya Upanishad, Khanda 12 and 13, you will find the uplifting dialogue between Uddilaka and Svetaketu which ends in ‚tat tvam asi‘ - you (your Self) is Brahman (you may call It God).

TWELFTH KHANDA
    1. 'Fetch me from thence a fruit of the Nyagrodha tree.'
    Here is one, Sir.'
    Break it.'
    'It is broken, Sir.'
    'What do you see there?'
    'These seeds, almost infinitesimal.'
    'Break one of them.'
    'It is broken, Sir.'
    'What do you see there?'
    'Not anything, Sir.'
    2. The father said: 'My son, that subtile essence which you do not perceive there, of that very essence this great Nyagrodha tree exists.
    3. 'Believe it, my son. That which is the subtile essence, in it all that exists has its self. It is the True. It is the Self, and thou, O Svetaketu, art it.'
    'Please, Sir, inform me still more,' said the son.
    'Be it so, my child,' the father replied.
    THIRTEENTH KHANDA
    1. 'Place this salt in water, and then wait on me in the morning.'
    The son did as he was commanded.
    The father said to him: 'Bring me the salt, which you placed in the water last night.'
    The son having looked for it, found it not, for, of course, it was melted.
    2. The father said: 'Taste it from the surface of the water. How is it?'
    The son replied: 'It is salt.'
    'Taste it from the middle. How is it?'
    The son replied: ' It is salt.'
    'Taste it from the bottom. How is it?'
    The son replied: 'It is salt.'
    The father said: 'Throw it away' and then wait on me.
    He did so; but salt exists for ever.
    Then the father said: 'Here also, in this body, forsooth, you do not perceive the True (Sat), my son; but there indeed it is.
    3- 'That which is the subtile essence, in it all that exists has its self. It is the True. It is the Self, and thou, O Svetaketu, art it.'
    'Please, Sir, inform me still more,' said the son.
    Be it so, my child,' the father replied.

Source
    https://www.hinduwebsite.com/sacreds...dogya.asp#Pra6

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information