Thread: Saturn Mahadasha is not pleasant at all

Saturn Mahadasha is not pleasant at all

Hello,
    In 2017 February I entered my Saturn Mahadasha.
    It's been quite an intense and unpleasant experience. My lifelong best friend died.
    My 7 year long relationship ended badly. I've been severely depressed and stricken with anxieties.
    I've had no luck meeting new people. I seem to have lost my general joy in life.

Should I recite mantras to Shani Deva every day? Perhaps this would alleviate some of my misery?
    Or would it only make things worse?

Any help would be so appreciated!

Thank you!

Re: Saturn Mahadasha is not pleasant at all

Should I recite mantras to Shani Deva every day? Perhaps this would alleviate some of my misery?

yes. it would be helpful.

Re: Saturn Mahadasha is not pleasant at all

I had Shani saade-saati from 2007 to 2014, and my Shani Mahadasa (19 years) started in 2013. During this period everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. I have recited all possible mantras for Shani, Shiva as well as Hanuman. I do not believe that the even the intensity of my problems got reduced, let alone their resolution.

In the end, one has to understand that it is Shani's DUTY to give the results of your OWN KARMA. He is described as a 'strict teacher' in our scriptures, who teaches us life's lessons. My perception is that he is a very bureaucratic teacher - even if you grasp the lesson quickly (through intense meditation/self introspection) - the lesson gets repeated as many times as your karma dictates. Shani will not let you off lightly. You will have to live out your karma, in it's entirety, step by step.

Having understood this, i hold myself completely responsible for everything that happens in my life, irrespective of who initiates the actions. So now, when new disaster strikes, i am able to somewhat recognise a pattern, and spend my energy on dealing with the consequences, rather than avoiding them (esp those that are beyond my control). Regular practice of VIPASSANA helps m lot in this.
    je cherche beaucoup

Thread Information