Thread: Quotes About Self-Knowledge/Realization

Quotes About Self-Knowledge/Realization

Hi everyone, I'd like to share some helpful quotes about self-knowledge/realization that I put together:

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
    - Bible

"...Before Abraham was, I am."
    "I and the Father are one."
    "...the kingdom of God is within you."
    - Jesus, Bible

"Know thyself and thou shalt know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe."
    - Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Ancient Greece

"A man's heart is his own Neter (God)."
    "All is within yourself. Know your most inward self and look for what corresponds with it in nature."
    "If his heart rules him, his conscience will soon take the place of the rod."
    "If you would build something solid, don’t work with wind: always look for a fixed point, something you know that is stable… yourself."
    "If you would know yourself, take yourself as starting point and go back to its source; your beginning will disclose your end."
    "Know the world in yourself. Never look for yourself in the world, for this would be to project your illusion."
    "Knowledge is consciousness of reality."
    "Man, know thyself ... and thou shalt know the gods."
    "The body is the house of God. That is why it is said, 'Man know thyself.'"
    "The kingdom of heaven is within you; and whosoever shall know himself shall find it."
    "You will free yourself when you learn to be neutral and follow the instructions of your heart without letting things perturb you."
    - Temples of Ancient Egypt

"I AM, and because I AM you ARE. I have ALWAYS BEEN and I shall ever BE, for I am without beginning, without end. I am Life itself, for I am the very Source of all that IS....
    ...there is only ONE Source. There is only ONE. Look to the very center of all that you are and you will find Me there, for I am Life itself, the First Cause of all that IS."
    - The Star Maker

"Prajnanam Brahma" (Consciousness is God)
    "Aham Brahma Asmi" (I am God)
    "Tat Tvam Asi" (Thou art God)
    "Ayam Atma Brahma" (The Self is God)
    - Upanishads, Mahavakyas (Great Sayings)

"That inner Self, as the primeval spirit, eternal, ever effulgent, full and infinite Bliss, single, indivisible, whole and living, shines in everyone as the witnessing awareness. That Self in its splendour, shining in the cavity of the Heart as the subtle, pervasive yet unmanifest ether, illumines this universe like the sun....
    I am the all-comprehensive witness, the indivisible, homogeneous Brahman [God], infinite, eternal, being itself, unbroken whole perfection, existence, eternal, pure, enlightened, liberated, and of supreme Bliss."
    - Vivekachudamani

"I am who I am"
    - Yahweh, Bible

"Everything is the One Brahman [God], pure Consciousness, the Self of all"
    - Yoga Vasistha Sara

Self Knowledge and Realization Quotes Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P64J1IOAlk

From my site full of original, free information, "Definitive Spiritual Knowledge Discovered During My Quest for God, Oneness, and Truth": https://sites.google.com/site/jmaf6556/purpose-of-life

In oneness,
    Justin
    Last edited by jmaf6556; 17 May 2019 at 06:44 AM.

Thread Information