Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What does the term embodied mean?

Re: What does the term embodied mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutta View Post
    thank you
    yes it is 18/2 ch
    Antavanta ime dehaa nityasyoktaah shareerinah;Anaashino’prameyasya tasmaad yudhyaswa bhaarata.
    the position at that time being dharma fight so yudhyaswa was justified .
    when the sanatan dharma principle applies it means yujjaswa and therefore for this time when gita rules the peace ,
    is yujjaswa right ?
    and if yes what next as per gita?
    JSK
    Jai Shri KRshNa ~

1. yuddhastwa applies today also, believe it or not -- in the context of standing up to those who inflict injustice. Does not mean war.

2. yujjasva -- Be in Yog with Me. Hari sharaNam , Hari smaraNam, Hari vandanam, Atma-nivedanam

What next? Live with Hari in union until the turIyAvasthA is reached and even beyond that... why worry about what will happen when Shri Hari is with "me"? Slowly and steadily, this "me" will fade away...

JarA itanA batA de kAnhA , terA ranga kAlA kyon? Tu kAlA hokar bhi jag se nirAlA kyon? ....
    sakhi ne palkon me biThA liyA, premAnjan akhiyan me lagA liyA
    Anjan (KAjal) kA rang kAlA , isiliye kAlA hun...

Although this appears duality it is not.
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 29 January 2019 at 11:11 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

so embodied as advaita , how you find friends ?
    jai Sri krsna
    It is not something we do with efforts. Surrender to paramAtmA and He will take the sAdhak on the advaita journey. The yog is two-way - not one-way. All dev-parivAr is Me. We are One. ... this is the first or preliminary sentiment, (not the ultimate turIyAtita), because along with your IshTa other forms, other devi devatA will also encourage, guide, help the sAdhak.

The sAdhak who is led into advaita has reached enough vairAgya and ekAnta to let go of other peripheral stuff that bhaktas will otherwise care about.

I am not this body-mind-thoughts is the first step, but Mukunda is the pilot, so one does not realize when the plane took off and is now high up in air...

Jai Shri KRshNa ~
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 29 January 2019 at 11:53 PM.

...and if yes what next as per gita?
    JSK
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeyAtmA View Post
    2. yujjasva -- Be in Yog with Me. Hari sharaNam , Hari smaraNam, Hari vandanam, Atma-nivedanam

What next? Live with Hari in union until the turIyAvasthA is reached and even beyond that... why worry about what will happen when Shri Hari is with "me"? Slowly and steadily, this "me" will fade away...
    --
    P.S.
    According to Geeta: 1. Right action, karma-phal-tyAg and nishkAm karma is only possible when fully in Yog (BG 12 - if you can't do this, do that, and better than this is that.... chain of alternatives... such a devotee is very dear to Me)
    2. In order to give up fruits of actions, one has to shift the identifier from the ego -- this is a trick that tha Lord uses , actually, karma, jnAna , bhakti are interconnected and inter-dependent.
    3. Chap 13 - kshetra-kshetradnya yog - avibhaktam cha bhUteshu vibhaktam eva cha sthitam
    4. Chap 14 - symptoms of a sthitapradnya tr-guNAteet (one who is disconnected from the 3 guNas - prakAsham pravruttim moha....) , nistraiguNa bhavArjunah:
    5. Chap 15 - Purushottam Yog -- cut the upside downm ashwattha vrUksha (tree of worldiness) and find, identify purushottam paramAtmA in you
    6. Chap 16,17 - markers and pointers, life-guidance , kam krodh lobh , om tat sat
    7. Chap 18.65-66 - manmanA bhava mad-bhakto (in advaita) , sarva dharma parityajjya mAmeka sharaNam vraja... (in advaita -- there should be no "what about me?" , and paradoxically, Hari continues to be there! )

.... but the key is :
    I am not this body-mind-thoughts, but Mukunda is the pilot...

namaste
    thank you ameyatma
    why a embodied advaita indulges in fight and therefore arjuna asks not to engage in this ...ghore karmani niyojayasi..
    here therefore krsna addressing arjuna told that o kurunandan..means fight is made by kurus to acquire lust a quality of rajas in human and not in animals as that is tamas and due to pramad or negligence .
    this lust is mother of illusion as moha and called sammoha..krodhati bhavati sammoha..
    so yujjyasya in case of human is yuddhasya for lust which is avoidable and the person then works for soul..atman eva santushtah..
    actually gita is directing towards karma which is body religion and therefore ..sarva dharmani partyajya.. means sarve karmani partyajjya when working for soul and when working for body the ..niyatam karm kuru .
    JSK

AtmA is sacchidAnanda pure consciousness, it is not the body mind , 4-5 kosha
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 31 January 2019 at 11:39 PM.

Namaste

When chitta contracts and becomes conditioned by the gunas it becomes embodied and limited, this is the jiva. When the Chitta expands into Akasha it becomes free from embodiment and attains mukti.

Siya Ram

Shantanu Guest

We are jivas composed of a body and mind as a unit of being individually. But essentially we are atman embodied in a living entity to be known as jivatman. The way to realise this is to let go ones desires and attachments to all material and spiritual beliefs and ideas so that we lose our ego, the I. The I is the body and mind and is known as the self.

When the self disappears through the practice of yoga gradually during life, all one is left with is the atman.

The purpose of existence is to seek one's atman because atman is Brahman, the imperishable Entity of the universe.

When atman is Brahman, one is totally non-dual in one's existence and one is then an Advatin. One can therefore be known as a mahatman like Mahatma Gandhi is known to us. For such Advaitin, the Doer is the atman, not the jiva.

So essentially when Brahman takes the form of a living being, it is embodying itself in living creatures.

Is this helpful?

You said the doer is Atman. That is incorrect. Atman never does anything. It is just a witness. The body/mind/prakriti does all actions. This is explained in Gita.

Thread Information