Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

What is the best and easiest way to attain moksha? I am a devotee of Narayana. I worship all his incarnations like Rama, Krishna, Venkateshwara etc. I am 25 yrs old. I don't perform any rituals but chant his names and listen to his mantras, Keerthanas, songs. Go to temples. But being a devotee, I am not getting rid of my negative qualities and I am not getting the peace. I am not feeling his grace. few times I saw the idols of Lord Venkateswara and Krishna in dreams but I think it's only because I think of god all the time and my mind reflects it. Sometimes I feel what did I get by worshipping him?(I want spiritual progress not materialistic) and he really exists and listens to my prayers. Should I meditate? Should I combine Bhakti and meditation? or either of them alone is sufficient? Someone who are advanced in spirituality please answer me.

Re: What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

Nobody is replying may be because of this *Someone who are advanced in spirituality please answer me.* Anyone can reply me pls

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth View Post
    I think it's only because I think of god all the time and my mind reflects it.
    You answered your own question. Don't overthink it.

"Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend." Bhagavad Gita 18.65

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear." Bhagavad Gita 18.66
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Namaste,

I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way but when there is a definite expectation of a reward - Moksha - doesn't it remove the condition of 'doing it in a selfless way' from the effort? We are not spiritually advanced beings and don't dive into Bhakti to the total exclusion of everything else in this world to get there in a hurry. As a lay person, all I can tell you is to keep up your effort of being a devotee through various means that suit your personality to get some peace of mind. It is a long drawn out process with no instant results/rewards.

Best wishes.

Pranam.

Namaste Siddharth

There is no cookbook for the spiritual path. There is no best way and no easiest way like the best or easiest way to come from one place to the other.

I am not getting rid of my negative qualities and I am not getting the peace.
    Do you only see your negative qualities? Do you detect your positive qualities?

I am not feeling his grace.
    Isn’t it a grace to be born as a bhakta fulfilling Bhagavad Gita 18.65 in the age of 25 already?

Sometimes I feel what did I get by worshipping him?
    He is not a trading partner! Do you worship Him only because you want something?

I want spiritual progress not materialistic
    There is a main obstacle on the way, called graving (kama). Do not think that the graving for spirituality is a better graving than the graving for money.

he really exists and listens to my prayers.
    He exists definitely … your prayers will be heard and fulfilled when time is appropriate. You furnished your present life in your last life and things will come or not according to your Karma.

May your spiritual way be a way of joy, not a way of doubt!

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

What is the best and easiest way to attain moksha? I am a devotee of Narayana. I worship all his incarnations like Rama, Krishna, Venkateshwara etc. I am 25 yrs old. I don't perform any rituals but chant his names and listen to his mantras, Keerthanas, songs. Go to temples. But being a devotee, I am not getting rid of my negative qualities and I am not getting the peace. I am not feeling his grace. few times I saw the idols of Lord Venkateswara and Krishna in dreams but I think it's only because I think of god all the time and my mind reflects it. Sometimes I feel what did I get by worshipping him?(I want spiritual progress not materialistic) and he really exists and listens to my prayers. Should I meditate? Should I combine Bhakti and meditation? or either of them alone is sufficient? Someone who are advanced in spirituality please answer me.

Dear Siddharth

Keep on what you're doing - but also add time spent in nature. SRI Ramakrishna Parmahamsa said -- spend 2-3 days in nature when you can.

Whenever you can, he said. --

When you can do this, go for it -- don't hesitate!!!! -- Take that time to spend away from all distraction, and with beauty.........

There is nothing as restorative as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth
    What is the best and easiest way to attain moksha?
    Mantra Japa. Nama Japa. Anna dana.

I am a devotee of Narayana. I worship all his incarnations like Rama, Krishna, Venkateshwara etc.
    I am 25 yrs old. I don't perform any rituals but chant his names and listen to his mantras, Keerthanas, songs. Go to temples.

Besides these, practice music. Bhajans.

Music is most divine.

But being a devotee, I am not getting rid of my negative qualities and I am not getting the peace.
    Make everything about helping others.

I am not feeling his grace. few times I saw the idols of Lord Venkateswara and Krishna in dreams but I think it's only because I think of god all the time and my mind reflects it. Sometimes I feel what did I get by worshipping him?(I want spiritual progress not materialistic) and he really exists and listens to my prayers. Should I meditate? Should I combine Bhakti and meditation? or either of them alone is sufficient? Someone who are advanced in spirituality please answer me.

Peace should come from helping others.

Spend all your energy and effort for self - realization ; and then you will have Peace. Spend your day in spiritual. . . seek to gain Atma-Gnana with all your heart.

Stay awake at night -- practice wakefulness. Practice to stay away more often -- Sleep less ;

As you increase your spiritual energy, you also increase your awakeness.

Should I combine Bhakti and meditation? or either of them alone is sufficient? Someone who are advanced in spirituality please answer me.

Think of the great spiritual Gurus. . . They almost never sleep -- 2 hours a night is common for the greatest gurus. . .

Spend the night awake some night.

Arrow Re: What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

This is from a talk from Sri Swamiji (Ganapati Sachidananda Swami). The other two that came up were the importance of music, and of being awake.

Lastly, the topic was continuing Mantra

"Earlier, I told you one story of Druva. When Druva went to have the darshan of Narayana, one devotee doing penance under a tree asked him to enquire with Narayana as to when he can get salvation. Druva checked with Narayana about this old devotee’s enquiry. He was past 100 years already by then. Narayana replied that the old man would get salvation after every leaf of the tree where he was sitting undergoes 100 falls and 100 springs. Druva hesitated to convey this message to the old man but did so. The old man jumped out of joy for the assurance that he got from Narayana that atleast after so many years, he can attain salvation. He said, no problem even if it is after 1000 years, I’m assured of salvation – he felt. There are many who do not get liberated even after many eons also. We only speak about it. In order to attain salvation, it is not enough how many ever births we take and how much ever trouble we face. Moksha Siddhi or salvation happens only after Mantra Siddhi.

"One must strive for the attainment of mantra initiated by Guru. Mere chanting of the mantra for one hundred thousand times of each letter in the mantra is not Siddhi. You take bath in all the rivers, complete everything that Swamiji asked you to do and wait for a phone call about salvation. Will this give liberation ? No. Chanting of Mantra should not be done with expectations. Even if salvation comes or not, just do it because your Sadguru initiated you into it. Doing what ever your Guru says itself is salvation.

"Why not ? How can I say I didn’t get it ? He gave me the mind to do that work. I’m doing it despite my situations. Even in my dreams, I’m thinking about it. I’m doing it without any fickleness. Do you know how many troubles I have that are attached to my body ? All those are my self invited troubles. Some have come knowingly and some unknowingly. Inspite of all this, I’m able to chant the mantra given by my Guru. That is going on in my mouth, on my tongue, in my mind. Aha ! What a compassion ! This itself is salvation – should be your approach."

. . .1 . . . . . .2 . . . . . .3 . . . . . .4 . . . . . .5 . . .

These are some talks by SGS Swami -- they are just a few mostly randomly chosen ( #4 talks about Music, ) and #5 explains about Mantra Siddhi and Karya Siddhi -- Usually there are a lot of such pages on my tabs. . . . to read easily. Right now there are 13 such tabs, which get saved for later, and 14 total from Dattavani.com. . . Dattavani talks. . . 2016 is the 14th...

Besides these- one point he made in a talk once was - always to only listen to spiritual topics; only listen and talk on such topics. That is, swami said he only will talk and listen to such topics.

All in all I would say you are doing great.

The question of sleep is significant. 6 hours is common amount as recommend. I am not saying to never sleep. Swami had recommended 6 hours. . . . Also he said, 'do not sleep,'... To be awake is light, is day. The sages conquered sleep. Sometimes I have been at that level; when I am walking many miles a day, almost always chanting, never sleeping, feeling divine energy. . . . . . . Other times I have been in deep meditation, and not need it. . . (which brings to mind Tapas),....

Shabda Maya..
    Sakala Dhara Rupini Tum
    Digambara

Music and singing are very helpful... Mantra and meditation go so nicely. Maharshi Narada said the benefit of chanting Narayan.

It is very good to have a good memory. I was always aware that we can have perfect memory. And I knew the importance of it. So throughout my life I worked to improve. And so when I discovered Swami's speeches, I remembered them very well.

The healing power of parrots. Mother Kali is there, whenever birds are singing.

Sarva Mangalam.
    Jaya Guru Datta
    Sri Guru Datta

My friend, most of all I just wish to say you doing wonderfully.... Also -- time goes by and life gets more settled.

God bless you

Let us know how it goes..... Definitely writing is good. . . Write down the names of God. . . I practiced this so much; it's beautiful ------ you are getting the direct benefit in your arm. . . . . . Write in cursive, in plain, in any way I did this a lot... Swami also recommended. "How many times did you write Om Namo Hanumate" he said ...

Namaste.

I hope I have been of any measure of help. Mantra meditation -- physical exercise. Manava seva. -- Mental practice, is one.

Physical is the other. Make sure you are getting enough exercise.

8. Re: What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

Hello All,

I have just joined this forum. Lets hope we continue to put our effort and devotion to the ultimate purpose of life which is to realize our true nature which is same as Paarbraham Parameshwar.

Coming to your question, how to meditate, best and easiest way to attain Moksha:
    One can only share what one knows. What I have been able to understand is that there is no easy or fast way, there is no this way or that way, nothing like Bhakti marg is easy or Jnana marg is hard; it all depends on your Earnestness and your interest/love for God. So please don't confuse yourself with any idea/ritual/practice/ pooja that tells you that this is easy way or fast way. All that need is your Bhakti towards the God.

Naam Japo/Nama Japa/Naam Smirna/Nama Smarna/Naam Simran is considered to be the principal spiritual practice in Indian religion. Naam Japna hee Dharam ka Mool Karam hai.

When you do Naam Simran, six things happens Simultaneously, at the same time.
    1. Naam Japo is Remembering God, keeping God in your attention, in your Chit. This is your Bhakti. By keeping your attention towards God, you show to God that you are not thinking of anything but God. You atrention may not be 100%, in fact it will not be 100% but to keep trying to keep Naam in your Dhayan, you are showing your Bhakti/love/interest towards God.

2. Naam Japo is Veechar/Jnana/Inquiry. Continously keeping your mind on Naam and not giving room or space to any other thoughts, one may ask can there be any greater Giaan/Jnana/Veechar other than keeping God/God's Name in one attention. Therefore, Naam Japo is highest Giaan/Veechar/Giana.

3. Naam Japo is Helping Yourself. All our problems arise from not knowing our True Nature. The more ignorant we are of our true nature, the greater the suffering. As Atma and Paramatma is the same, we and Naam are one and Same. By doing Naam Japo, we come closer to our True Nature and thus help us in this worldly matter and progress into Spiritual world. Thats why we say Remembering God takes away all our pains.

4. Naam Japo is Helping Others. When we do Naam Japo, we move towards our True Nature which is same as Paarbraham Parameshwar which is full of Bliss. So by Naam Japo we develop/cultivate those qualities and therefore, our life becomes a tool of God to help others.

5. Naam Japo is eliminating Ego/Ahankar. As our true nature is same as God, when we do Naam Japo, we are gradually giving up egoistical activity and embracing our natural Joti Swaroop because Naam and We are same, so as we do Naam Japo we start to realize changes in us which happens as ego starts to dissolve.

6. Naam Japo is Natural. God and God's Name are One and Same. We and God are also One and Same. Hence, We and Naam are One and Same. So its not an activity, process, procedure, practice to attain something. In fact, we are already God/Jot Swaroop and so its natural for us to keep ourselves in our attention and Naam Japo is how we do.it.

There is no process or way by which you do Naam Japo. How can there be a finite/fixed process to Remember the Infinite Lord. So there is no process. Also there is no Naam greater than other. So please don't fall for any confusion. Only thing is that whenever you do Naam Japo, be it loud or in your mouth or within mind, pay attention to it, give attention to it. Thats all. Your giving attention to it does all, just as taking the medication is all you need to do, rest the medication does. So just Listen to Naam, keep it with you. Do it anytime. Driving, working, eating, playing. There is no limitations to it. How can an Infinite God be limited to certain time,place, location or process. Of course, early morning hours are said to be very helpful but not because its special hours. You can do Naam Japo anytime, any place but morning hours are good because there is no noise, no distraction. Thats all.

So please Hold on to the Naam of any Avtaar that you feel Close to your heart: Be it Shiva, Raam, Krishna, Maa Durga, Allah, Waheguru, etc etc and stick to it. By your constant interest and daily Jap, you will see how Naam will provide you all the answer you need as your progress in the Spiritual world. You may not even need to read any Scriptures. Naam Japo alone is All. Remembrance of God is of Highest Importance/is All.
    I hope it helps you.

Sorry if this is not very clear.

Thank You.

9. Re: What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

Hello All,

I have just joined this forum. Greetings to all. I did reply last afternoon and its been over 12 hours since I replied and I still don't see my post. I am not sure if my reply went through. I used my phone to reply.

10. Re: What is the best way to reach god(attain moksha)?

to the original person who posted.

First of all, the path to God is long. It is life long. It is more than life long. It takes many, many lifetimes of human incarnation to reach God. Thousands of years.

Meditation always produces benefits. Many of these benefits are too subtle to see.

If you are having problems in this area, what is recommended is that you keep a spiritual diary. You go back to before you started to meditate and write up the daily experiences you had then. Write up the amount of negative spiritual experiences and qualities you had. And write up the positive spiritual experiences and qualities you had.

Then, as you meditate over the months and years, keep a journal of these experiences, both positive and negative. And then, you will see the progression of increase in positive spiritual qualities and the reduction of negative qualities.

But it can often take 3 years of journal entries, before you are really going to be able to grasp the changes. Then do take place, but they take place slowly.

And you will find, you are more patient, peaceful, wise, compassionate.

But it is slow...by slow degrees.

If you are burdened by doubt, then pray directly about it.

If you meditate say, 30 minutes - one hour daily, for 5 - 10 years, it is going to be highly likely you will notice the differences.

Swami Brahmananda of the Sri Ramakrishna mission wrote to this point of seekers not having experiences. He basically said something which would be the equivalent of....well, go meditate 5 hours daily for 5 years and then see if you have any doubts left.

And no one who does that kind of discipline has any doubts left. The problem is that very few of us really have the capacity to meditate that much.

But we all certainly do have the capacity to do 30 minutes or an hour daily. And that should be enough to slowly enlighten the mind as to what is going on.

Namaste.

Thread Information