Thread: Feedback on the site

1. Feedback on the site

I received an PM from Satay, a while after the registration. I had a bad experience with the whole registration process and tried sending a reply to Satay. But I get an error saying his inbox is full.

I have the following feedback on this site and I'm not sure where else to post it other than the introductions.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    Namaste and Welcome to the Hindu Dharma Forums!

Thanks for registering. I am glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and I hope you enjoy your stay.

<b>Forum rules </b> are listed under the FAQ section. Please get familiar with these rules as we have zero tolerance policy in most cases.

Be sure to introduce yourself by checking out the introductions sections. Also check out

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2550, a nice post on Core values of HDF written by a senior member.

Also, please note that posts of all new members get approved by a moderator. This is done to control spam. After a while your posts will go directly to the forums.

Looking forward to your posts.

All the best,

Hindu Dharma Forums
    Hi Satay,

Thank you for the welcome and for approving my account. However, I have some feedback of the whole registration process.

At the time I came to this website I had a couple of questions stuck on my mind and badly wanted to discuss them with someone. They were regarding Shani and it's worship. It was one of the worst weeks for me and I googled "hindu forums" and came upon your forum. What I'm trying to say here is that I badly needed to discuss it.

However, the approval process took a lot of time. I don't understand why the approval process took so much time. There is no way to determine whether I'm a spammer or not until I post the first message. Even a genuine guy might keep his name that looks very suspicious and robotic. I'm saying all this because I run a public forum too and understand how big the spam problem exists in our world.

I feel that the right way to deal with spam is to not manually approve new accounts but instead to have their first 2-3 posts not be visible to public. Instead, their first 2-3 posts would need to be manually approved. How does that sound? I feel that that is less suffocating and allows the user to start participating right away.

In the meanwhile, I was desperate to discuss with someone and found another forum where they allowed me to make a post as soon as I signed up: (https://www.religiousforums.com/thre...icious.222501/ ).

My reason for bringing this to your notice is to communicate how badly I wanted to discuss something when I registered, how I felt hindered by this website, and how I've now moved onto a different site. The whole feeling behind this is not to complain or make you feel bad. You've created this site and that takes a fantastic effort and soul. My intention is that this feedback might be helpful to you. However, if it isn't then I apologize in advance. Please feel free to discard it. Also, good job attempting to launch this forum. May it prosper well!

Re: Feedback on the site

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lotus View Post
    At the time I came to this website I had a couple of questions ....that I badly needed to discuss it.

I don't understand why the approval process took so much time.
    It is unfortunate that you had something that needed to be addressed right away, but consider this,
    In the medical care field, there are doctors whereby you make an appointment and see them in 2-3-4 weeks time. Then there are ERs where you can walk in and be seen immediately.

To my knowledge this forum is like a doctor's office. There are no ER type moderators to moderate, or practicing Hindus to jump in and answer your questions as they are posted, assuming that they have the answers to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lotus View Post
    I feel that the right way to deal with spam is to not manually approve new accounts but instead to have their first 2-3 posts not be visible to public. Instead, their first 2-3 posts would need to be manually approved. How does that sound?
    What??? You should be able to make posts but they will not be visible to public - how would others help you if they can't read them? What am I missing here?

To recap, moderators are householders who have to make a living, go on business trips, meet social family obligations, keep the cars running, repair/replace any malfunctioning appliances in the house and perform a million other functions. The site in not run by a bunch of monks who sit around waiting for incoming emails or new posts. Please be understanding of the time constraints on others.

You may get additional comments from the moderators, but I welcome you again and hope you will stay involved at this forum.

Peace.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 26 July 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Thread Information