Hello!

Its been a very long time since I have posted on here, but Ihave some questions and figured that this might be a good place to get someinsight.

I am having a bit of a dilemma, but first here is some ofthe backstory.

About five years ago I “converted” to Hinduism after I startedfollowing a Hindu guru within the Shaivite tradition. Before being introducedto this person, I already did have an interest in Hinduism and knew that manyof my beliefs aligned with the central Hindu ones. Although I am grateful, for themany positive experiences I had as a part of this group, some instances have occurred,and I realized that some of my personal beliefs no longer align to this guru’steachings. This guru has given me initiations into his teachings (though theyare not ones that can keep me from leaving), but I am concerned whether or notI can still call myself a Hindu if I am no longer under the guidance of ateacher.

I know technically I can, but I have also seen it arguedthat it’s better to follow a spiritual teacher. Personally, I do want to be apart of some sort of group.

I would also like to take some time to research differenttraditions/sampradayas/organizations/etc., especially some that are open toconverts. Right now, I am trying to find Shakta groups because I have an interest and I cannot really find much information, but I am really open toexploring anything right now.

Sorry if this is a bit to unpack, but I would appreciate itif anyone can give their advice or insight.

Thanks!