Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tirupati vow- please advise

Tirupati vow- please advise

Namaste everyone..please help me in clearing my doubt

My father suffered a stroke in 2016 due to which his left side got paraysed due to which he is not able to walk normally. He walks but not normally like he used to walk before. Except this, he doesnt has any issue and by God’s grace he is healthy, except the paralysis issue.

4 months ago I visited Tirupati and prayed Goddess Padmavathi deity to fulfil my wish my healing my father’s paralysis problem Completely. And in return i made a vow that IF Goddess cures my father’s left side paralysis problem Completely and make his body’s left side Normal ,then i will bring my father for Tirupati darshan.

Last month when i went to my hometown i saw improvement in my father’s left side of the body as he has started driving car on his own. Although the recovery is still not 100% as i wished from God, but there is improvement as he is driving his car on his own. The further improvements will keep happening in future for sure. But seeing this improvement i did not wait further and brought him to tirupati darshan to fulfil my vow which i made to God. In other words, i brought my father for tirupati darshan before complete fulfilment of my wish (before my father’s 100% recovery)

Will that be considered fulfilment of my vow/promise which i made to God? Or my vow which i made to God will not be considered fulfilled, as i did it before fulfilment of my wish. And do i have to again fulfil my vow in future when i see further improvement in father’s left side of the body in future ?

Re: Tirupati vow- please advise

Namaste rv2789

I wish you to come out of your dilemma. You asked God to cure your father, you saw improvement and fulfilled your vow. What should be wrong if one, out of joy, fulfills a plan in advance? Out of joy you showed gratitude.

You are sure that the further improvements will keep happening in future - therefore trust in God, put it in His hands and let go.

And if you see further improvement - where is the problem to show gratitude again? Gratitude does not depend on a vow.

You received already answers in your previous posts … these are my thoughts. If you cannot find peace I recommend to ask a priest.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

@indialover

Hi Indialover...So the vow which i fulfilled before 100% recovery of my father, will be considered fulfilment of my vow which i made to God, or not?

Namaste rv2789

You await a ‚yes‘ or a ‚no‘. That‘s impossible because God is not a trading partner who published terms and conditions. Don't haggle whether He fulfilled your request 100% or less. Try to stop pondering about and put your father’s health in God’s hands, you did your part. Think over to refrain from taking vows in future - just pray, so that you do neither put pressure on yourself nor on God.

In my opinion your vow is fulfilled.

Pranam

Hi Indialover,

I understood your answer except for the first line in which you wrote - "You await a ‚yes‘ or a ‚no‘. What does it mean?

Namaste rv2789

You wrote … will be considered fulfilment of my vow which i made to God, or not?

You asked a clear question what made me assume, you await a clear answer … yes or no.

I am not able to give this clear answer, I just tried to give you some subjective thoughs according to my understanding of your situation. The vow was fulfilled in advance, in my opinion therefore it is fulfilled. But you seem not to feel comfortable with this solution.

You took a vow out of love for your father. You did not take the vow to ask something for yourself.

You probably know the story of Savitri and Satyavan. Savitri got five boons from Yama. She did not take any boon for herself but two for her father in law personally and two for his son and family, one for her father. She was successful. She did all for her husband, you did all for your father.

Try to find peace – you have done everythin right.

Pranam

Thanks Indialover for the reply. I understood your answer.

One of my close friends also need one help. His case is similar to me but vow is different. If possible, pls read his scenario below and help-

My friend vowed to God 7 months ago, that if God cures his brother 100% from paralysis,then he will visit tirupati and get shaved his own head. There was some time in 100% fulfilment of his asked wish. May be it will take 1 more year in 100% recovery of his brother.He was confident that God will fulfill his wish and his brother will recover 100% from paralysis when correct time comes .However after some days,when he saw some betterment, around 40% (not 100%) in his brother's condition,he did not wait further and went to tirupati and got shaved his head there to fulfill his vow which he made to God. In other words, he fulfilled his vow of shaving his own head in tirupati before 100% fulfilment of his asked wish.Will that be considered fulfilment of his vow/promise which he made to God, which he did before 100% fulfilment of his wish? Will God consider his vow/promise as fulfilled?

Or do he has to again fulfil his vow and shave his head again in future after 100% recovery of his brother in future?

Namaste rv2789

There is no difference between your vow and that of your friend, so what I have written so far also applies to him. Let's look at it from a worldly perspective.

You both made a deal.
    If you do something for me, I will do something for you. Payment after fulfillment.
    Then you both changed the conditions to payment before fulfillment. No need to pay twice.

The matter got difficult because you made the deal with a higher force and out of impatience you fulfilled your vow in advance.

Again a story: Kashyapa granted a wish to Vinata and Kadru. Kadru asked for thousand sons, Vinata for two. Soon Kadru had thausand sons. Vinata got impatient and opened one of her eggs. The son was only half developed. After that she waited in patience for the second son - Garuda.

Even though you ‚payed‘ already, you can show devotion and gratefulness to this higher force, without ‚if … then‘, without counting the percentage of the healing process, without trying to urge the higher force to deliver faster.

Als the best for you, your friend and families.

Pranam

Namaste Indialover,

Thanks for the reply. But the story that you have mentioned in which Vinata got impatient and opened her one egg before time and it was not developed, does that mean the vow which my friend and i fulfilled before 100% fulfilment of our wishes, will not be considered as fulfilled by God?

And will God punish us if we dont fulfil the vow again after 100% fulfilment of our wishes?
    Last edited by rv2789; 26 February 2020 at 06:32 AM.

My focus, rv2789, regarding the Vinata story was on patience only. I wanted to point out, that patience leads to the goal, that you and your friend should be patient with the healing process and just trust in God (Bhakti).

He will definitely not punish you. God does not punish at all! He is not a policeman. Don’t attribute Him human characteristics.

Pranam

Thread Information