Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hare krishna mahamantra

Shantanu Guest

Re: hare krishna mahamantra

A fundamental concept is ahimsa or non-violence. It is the core of Hindu religion and philosophy and central to Sanatan Dharma. Any compromise that a person makes is purely self-serving and negates the Hindu tradition in its entirety.

So killing even a blood sucking mosquito is not permitted by the eternal religion that I subscribe to as part of the Yamas and Niyamas of Yogashastras.

Namaste Indialover

translation will always be a problem. The upanishads are ancient or timeless and the rishis do not always speak on Sanskrit they have cosmic languages and it’s brought down into phonetic grammatical order. What it’s describing is supramental states of consciousness they are mapping out cosmic being which ultimately has direct perception of the ultimate reality Brahman or pure consciousness. I tend to agree more with mahasiddha Sri Aurobindo where he says that the consciousness of rishis is in another time and we don’t have the right faculties to understand them, these parts of time and cosmology according to states of conscious being is very much underdeveloped in translations.

BrahmA as prajapati is when BrahmA is in the state of perfection, brahmA has 4 states of being so depending on the state or level in which BrahmA is in will fit the context of that particular portion of the texts. Conversations between beings such as narada muni and others with fit into states of consciousness accordingly

At least we can gain some insights into what is BrahmA as part of mind consciousness which is in 4 stages of development leading to full transcendent liberated stage

baka BrahmA is when the individual in state of illusion thinks his mortal existence is permanent

BrahmAsahampati is when that state is transcended and he identifies his being in universal consciousness

BrahmAsanatkumar decent of Brahman in Nama and Rupa

MahaBrahmA where mind is non different to paramatama or perfection of mind

so mind has an evolutionary stage of progressing which the texts describe and map out

if we can introspectively follow texts in this way then we closer to understanding the core of the upanishad

hare krsna

Dandavat Pranam jopmala prabhu

The main problem is the conditioned jiva will always justify his actions one way or another so if an Acharya says doing such and such is ok then it becomes an excuse not to change or develop ones own consciousness

what Srila Narottama dasa Thakur said on his environment 500 years ago cannot always be taken literally and applied to every situation, it may well apply even today in some circumstances but not in others so there is more a need for the sayings and guidance of self realised brings to be applied accordingly with wisdom and not with religious dogma or false morality which only enslaves one to unconsciousness.

Gaudia vaishnava tradition mostly follows the six goswami with rupanuga Bhakti or rasa bhava as the main lineage with full integration intertwining other vaishnava bhajans into its fold without conflict.

hare Krsna

However Iskcon stays separate.

Prabhupada said, of his godbrothers, 'never disrespect then, but don't associate with them.'

Indeed not disreslecting others is central to Gaudiya phosophy,

Which is based on being humble.

However, some mix it up and fail, and attack others instead..

It's far from the path, though,

As Caitanya said 'The Bhagavatam says not to blame or praise others -- but of these two, the first is more important.'

Now he's just saying, it's much more important not to disparage others, however also should not praise people.

He said, 'Essential truth, cocncisely spoken, is true eloquence.'

We can find that at times many opposite things are there. From all these.

And in such cases much pain arises.... i.e., much abuse, attack, etc.

It can be useful to look at qualities of devotees.

Anyway the thing is very simple.

Making it complicated always results in downfall.
    Gam Gam Ganapati
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXQjrK1bwQ

Dattavani.org
    https://dattavani.org/pravachana-malika/datta-vaakya/

Quote Originally Posted by Shantanu View Post
    A fundamental concept is ahimsa or non-violence. It is the core of Hindu religion and philosophy and central to Sanatan Dharma. Any compromise that a person makes is purely self-serving and negates the Hindu tradition in its entirety.

So killing even a blood sucking mosquito is not permitted by the eternal religion that I subscribe to as part of the Yamas and Niyamas of Yogashastras.
    Pranam shantanu

You are right that non violence is a fundamental concept of sanatan hindu dharma. But what is non violence ? in the kurukshetra battle, shri Krishna tries to motivate arjuna by saying ‘fight’ again and again , does it mean violence ? when arjuna killed thousands and thousands of kourava armymen in the kurukshetra battle getting motivated by bhagavan shri krishna’s advice in the form of Gita, was it a violence or non violence ? even shri Krishna swayam killed sishupal, was it violence or non violence ? I want to remind you that another fundamental concept of sanatan hindu dharma is that every action is done by swayam bhagavan . In the Gita , verse 33 of chapter 11, shri Krishna is saying to arjuna that he( arjuna) is only occasion and enemies are already killed by him ( shri Krishna). So what is violence here ? paap comes to us only when we consider ourselves doing everything . shri krishna says in Gita verse 55 of chapter 11 “ he who works for me bears enmity to none”. So we suffer because we claim but the fact of the matter is we have no locus to put our claim since we can not do anything without his( shri Krishna) will and so violence non violence all comes from him and finishes there too. Neither you can kill a mosquito nor you can let it to live without his will so how violence or non violence matters to us. We do when he wants only . this is also a basic concept of sanatan hindu dharma.

I think most will disagree with you.

I believe in ahimsa -- as soon as you put yourself in the place of another, it's impossible to hurt them.

Even mosquito I would not kill to the best of my ability.

Why a small creature it's okay to harm?

To me such action is hellish.

And to feel love for all -- this is heaven

Sarva Mangalam, may all be happy.

So this is Dharma..

Satyam, Ahimsa, Shanti, so forth.

"To kill in the name of peace" is quite a mistake.

It just causes pain and suffering.

If you think, someone made a mistake so they deserve it. Try to understand we share responsibility for each other.

If you want to see God.

Otherwise, it never will happen.
    Gam Gam Ganapati
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXQjrK1bwQ

Dattavani.org
    https://dattavani.org/pravachana-malika/datta-vaakya/

Namaste jopmala

Arjuna is a Kshatriya, his dharma is to fight.

Shishupala was Jaya, one of Vishnu’s doorkeepers. Both were cursed and had the choice to have seven births as His bhaktas or three births as His enemies that He will kill. Both chose the latter, to be not too long separated from Vishnu. The death of Shishupala was a necessary result of the Jaya/Vijaya story. Vijaya was Dantavakra, who was also killed by Krishna. This was the last birth, both went back to Vaikuntha and were doorkeepers again.

I agree fully with you, that in this world nothing happens without His will. I am also sure, that the suffering of all animals in this world happens according to His will. But I think, we have, depending on consciousness, a free will to participate by consuming animals and products made of animals.

We will find for all we do a suitable verse in the scriptures, because all we do is right and all is right as it is.

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Indialover View Post
    Namaste jopmala

Arjuna is a Kshatriya, his dharma is to fight.

Shishupala was Jaya, one of Vishnu’s doorkeepers. Both were cursed and had the choice to have seven births as His bhaktas or three births as His enemies that He will kill. Both chose the latter, to be not too long separated from Vishnu. The death of Shishupala was a necessary result of the Jaya/Vijaya story. Vijaya was Dantavakra, who was also killed by Krishna. This was the last birth, both went back to Vaikuntha and were doorkeepers again.

I agree fully with you, that in this world nothing happens without His will. I am also sure, that the suffering of all animals in this world happens according to His will. But I think, we have, depending on consciousness, a free will to participate by consuming animals and products made of animals.

We will find for all we do a suitable verse in the scriptures, because all we do is right and all is right as it is.

Pranam

namaste indialover

Every living entity has its own story behind every birth. We know about sishupal’s previous birth but we do not know every one’s . so whenever I tend to kill a mosquito , its bhagavan who is getting his job done. He himself killed sishupal and he got his job done through arjuna also. Are you arguing that some killing is not violence and some are violence ? if you argue that any type of killing is an act of himsa then you have to accept that the killing of shishupal by shri Krishna is also an act of himsa. Since we eat rice atta, vegitables the farmer has to kill the plants and get ready with food that we need. Is it not himsa ? in the eyes of bhagavan, both animal and plant has equal status since both are living entities. If killing of plants and animals for the purpose of food is considered himsa, then how will a bhakta survive? From the point of view of living creatures, you can not treat animal and plant differently. I think if I want to consume animal or plant it is HIS WILL and if I don’t want it is also HIS WILL since I can not move an inch without HIS WILL. That is the point I want to make here. Probably the followers of Gaudiya math and mission make a difference between plant and animal when they forbid to take fish but they themselves living on vegetables of living plants. I have found nowhere that chaitanya mahaprabhu has said anything regarding what to eat and what not . we are servant we can not decide what owner wants us to do.

There are many indigenous regions that do not have a lot of choices in what they eat due to either climate and budget

middle and upper class and people with supermarkets and abundance of choice live in a privileged state where they are often unconscious of others conditions that they are faced with on a day to day basis just to survive

to enforce privileged ideology onto them with suppressive morality is inhumane most people can’t see beyond of their limited self righteous nose and what really causes suffering in then world

will c19 cause such an economic crash were the privledged start to panic and show their greed and rush to the shops And and hoard and fight each other

what happens when survival instincts set in when real hunger hits the belly and Holland and bharat is closed ( a popular health food store)

when vegans cant buy coconut oil and super foods in nice packaging

where basket cases will be forced out of their holes and faced with the reality of mitryaloka

will they then be so self righteous

will they know how to serve be selfless share and be a real spiritual warrior in the face of extreme
    Conditions

will chanting then become more important than diet will surrender be more vital than the next meal

Only time and real tests in life will tell

hare Rama

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-au...market-assault
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 15 March 2020 at 10:44 PM.

namaste
    nam sankirtan envolves nam aparadh ( name crime ) in case of new comers so what the excuse then ?

Thread Information