Thread: Fate: preordained or in one's own hands using freewill

Shantanu Guest

Fate: preordained or in one's own hands using freewill

I say: calculate, analyse and use your brains, and stop thinking it is all God's lila. Your Fate is in your own hands. This is what experience of life has taught me in trying to access justice in my life when my employers dismissed me from service and denied me my redundancy money and tried every means possible to get the judicial process turned in their favour so that 22 years later I am still in the doldrums unable to secure a good life for myself for being rejected by an employer after an 18 year career in science.

My upbringing led me to have certain ideas about religion and who God and gods are, and this reliance prolonged my suffering until the day that I discovered that God only helps those who help themselves.

So do not seek God to find your way forwards in life. He will never oblige. Why not is a good question. I hasten to offer my assessment. He does not wish to be known to humans and is therefore known to numerous people as unknowable even when they believe that He exists. This is also the reason that there are atheists in this world who do not accept the existence of God in the first place. I seem to have come to the opinion that He has judged his invisibility or even unaccessibility to be in the best interests of mankind.

For example, He would have to favour some individuals and discriminate against others if He became accessible in a clear scientifically provable manner.

So in my search of reality I have had to over the years increasingly come to self-dependence and not dependent on any Gods. That is the bottom line.

Fortunately the magic of Creation is that God has created Brahman-Nature within which there is scope for the sattvic minded to benefit from God-guidance in a way that one only believes that He is guiding whereas there is no proof of that for the individual in charting his life.

Thus the lesson is forget God and Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, depending on which of these Entities on subscribes to but use your intelligence, your brains as given to you by your genetics to take actions for survival, and if your dignity is important to you for survival with dignity. Your Fate is therefore in your own hands, and it is wrong to say that what happens on Earth in humanity is the play of Sri Krishna or some other God as Creator, Preserver and Destroyer.

We accordingly have a Free Will.

Your comments please?

Re: Fate: preordained or in one's own hands using freewill

Quote Originally Posted by Shantanu View Post
    I say: calculate, analyse and use your brains, and stop thinking it is all God's lila. Your Fate is in your own hands. This is what experience of life has taught me in trying to access justice in my life when my employers dismissed me from service and denied me my redundancy money and tried every means possible to get the judicial process turned in their favour so that 22 years later I am still in the doldrums unable to secure a good life for myself for being rejected by an employer after an 18 year career in science.

My upbringing led me to have certain ideas about religion and who God and gods are, and this reliance prolonged my suffering until the day that I discovered that God only helps those who help themselves.

So do not seek God to find your way forwards in life. He will never oblige. Why not is a good question. I hasten to offer my assessment. He does not wish to be known to humans and is therefore known to numerous people as unknowable even when they believe that He exists. This is also the reason that there are atheists in this world who do not accept the existence of God in the first place. I seem to have come to the opinion that He has judged his invisibility or even unaccessibility to be in the best interests of mankind.

For example, He would have to favour some individuals and discriminate against others if He became accessible in a clear scientifically provable manner.

So in my search of reality I have had to over the years increasingly come to self-dependence and not dependent on any Gods. That is the bottom line.

Fortunately the magic of Creation is that God has created Brahman-Nature within which there is scope for the sattvic minded to benefit from God-guidance in a way that one only believes that He is guiding whereas there is no proof of that for the individual in charting his life.

Thus the lesson is forget God and Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, depending on which of these Entities on subscribes to but use your intelligence, your brains as given to you by your genetics to take actions for survival, and if your dignity is important to you for survival with dignity. Your Fate is therefore in your own hands, and it is wrong to say that what happens on Earth in humanity is the play of Sri Krishna or some other God as Creator, Preserver and Destroyer.

We accordingly have a Free Will.

Your comments please?

Dear

As you commented at the end.... Yes we Do have free will. And yes fate is also there.
    The fate presents to us the situation. How we react to the situation is our free will... Thats is in our hands. The results of our action again present a new situation as a result of our actions..( Our fate )

So in essence, our situation is created by the fate but we decide our future fate by our response to the present situatuion.

That is my view...

Regards

Shantanu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_a View Post
    Dear

As you commented at the end.... Yes we Do have free will. And yes fate is also there.
    The fate presents to us the situation. How we react to the situation is our free will... Thats is in our hands. The results of our action again present a new situation as a result of our actions..( Our fate )

So in essence, our situation is created by the fate but we decide our future fate by our response to the present situatuion.

That is my view...

Regards

I am not convinced that we all have pre-destined Fate or even individual Fates. It seems to be a delusional thought born of imaginations and justifying one's actions in life as being God-blessed. As a Brahmaadvaitist I discount Fate as a possibility now or that we are pre-ordained to stardom or to a fate worse than death. The only fate we have is that we will die one day. There is no afterlife in heaven or earth for a Brahmoadvaitist. It is all about navigating the nuances of Brahman-Nature (Prakriti) to survive for another day until the day we die and then it is all over. Attachment to a preconceived notion that we have fate makes us weaker to cope with the rajasic, tamasic and sattavic gunas of Brahman-Nature. All attachments of any kind whatsoever leads to disasters. There is therefore a viable and workable means through the truth path to arrives at reality.

I understand that I have interpreted my visions and dreams as if they were meaningful to keep on the track of performing duties to society and attributing that idea to pre-ordainment as if I was the chosen one destined to become the greatest guru that ever lived. All I have now is my destiny of being classified as a mental patient suffering from Paranoid Schizoprhenia F12 according to the judgment of the Consultant Psychiatrist after his latest examination. That is what belief in fate does to the individual. So I am not a sadhaka either learning the truth and have not attained any truths such as Satyameva Jayate. I do not have bliss, my mind is always agitated as I chart my way through the provisions of Nature. I call it Brahman Nature because I have proof of it through the digital clock checking for messages from a perceived God when sigtings of the Number 7 on my digital clock (1.06, 2.41, 3.04, 4.12, 5.20, 6.10, 7.09, 8.28, 9.25, 10.24, 11.23, 12.31, etc) as taken as being meaningful messages to me from a Higher Power be that Brahma or the ultimate God Sri Krishna.

We therefore create out futures through the pursuit of our dreams and imaginations of a utopian life for oneself as long as we survive another day.

I have been on the roller coaster of truth-search all my adult life and not become a proven avatar but have created a new philosophy of Brahmoadvaitism that I am confident about for I have survived to the age of 63 in good health and Blogged my findings on Brahman-Nature that cannot be disputed by anyone. It has through mind games with the elements that I have contented and discovered this reality over the past 22 years.

I can vouch for is that I am a human being who has withstood State-persecution for being who I am for no one can tolerate a truth seeker, and I have to say that I have been a truth-seeker extraordinaire in my studies of Humanology to realise that liberation (moksha) is attained through steady, methodical and teadfastness to satya-advaita or oneness with truth. That is the yoga that I subscribe to. I will stand corrected if this outlook does not generate peace and tranquillity in me for a equanimous mind that stops having thoughts of paranoia to the elements of Brahman-Nature.

well, we have our own experience. We also have the teachings of the great saints. So, for example, if we believe that Mahatma Gandhi was a great soul and that he could accomplish things that we ourselves, could not do, then clearly, we must admit that Mahatma Gandhi has abilities beyond our own.

So, why not accept his word?

In the human world, one thing is true. In the spiritual world, many things can be true.

In the physical world, a rock is a solid. In the quantum world, a rock is composed of atoms and those atoms are almost entirely empty space. If the quantum alignment was correct, we could easily pass our hand through a rock.

So, in that sense, in the physical world, the rock is a solid. But in the quantum world, it is not really so.

So, both things are true at once, but at different levels of scientific inquiry.

In the same way, in the world we know, our mind determines our actions and our fate. But, at the same time, in the spiritual world, unseen laws can be operating. And, under those laws our actions come under the power of God.

So, God gives us birth in a body that has great strength. We do on in life to become a championship weight lifter. Now, is that us or is it God? Well, it is both. We did not give birth to ourselves. And we did not create our own body. But, with the body that has been given to us by God, we then go on to athletic prowess. Both are true at once.

Thread Information