View Poll Results: How do you meditate ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I meditate as a religious/spiritual practice

5 50.00%
  • My meditation happens as a part of my daily rituals/puja

4 40.00%
  • My daily rituals don't involve meditation

1 10.00%
  • I don't believe in religious/spiritual practices!!!

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meditating

Meditating

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan
    I am not certain on how many HDF participants meditate.

Well ... ??

I voted option 2. I am trying get regular with it.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: Meditating

To Clarify:-

By option 1, I imply stand-alone meditation without any accompanying anusthans / rituals.

I picked one, but I meditate for a variety of reasons, and sometimes just because I am stressed out or angry at someone. So, I am not sure I am always trying to secure some spiritual goal.
    Those who in penance and faith dwell in the forest, peaceful and wise,living a mendicant's life, free from passion depart through the door ofthe sun to the place of the immortal Person, the imperishable Self.Atharva Veda, Mundaka Upanishad 1.2.11. ve p. 415

Me too! Sometimes I think we just need a moment of separation from the daily insanity of life. That few minutes of connection with the Omniscient One recharges and strengthens
    There remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.

what you guys say make good sense. as for me, i have found, sitting for meditation daily to attain a spiritual goal (as Buddhists do) seems a bit pretentious too me at my level of consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalGypsi View Post
    I picked one, but I meditate for a variety of reasons, and sometimes just because I am stressed out or angry at someone. So, I am not sure I am always trying to secure some spiritual goal.
    Hey you still visit us!!

Namaste All,

I voted 1 also. My meditation generally involves japa followed by quiet meditation. It is advised that in temple after puja and prayer one sit and meditate for a few minutes to absorb the vibrations. I have been trying to do that recently too, although it is quite difficult in the midst of all the noise and commotion.

OM Shanti,
    A.

Namaskar,
    I voted 2, however, for the longest time now, I have not been able to settle my mind even during japa. While the rudra beads drop in cow's mouth, my mind wanders from place to place on personal wordly matters. Trying to bring it back to the Lord hasn't been working for me.

I need to find a way to focus. I hardly ever visit the temple anyway and I haven't done so for months. Temple I find is a distraction anyway as people just stare at others.
    satay

Namaskar Satay,
    Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    I hardly ever visit the temple anyway and I haven't done so for months. Temple I find is a distraction anyway as people just stare at others.
    Generally I think meditation at home is much easier. Yes temple can be very distracting place for quiet meditation, and there is a lot of noise, children running around, people chatting, etc. If you go at a time when it is peaceful though, it can be a great experience.

OM Shanti,
    A.

I learnt meditation at Ramakrishna MaTham long back and did practice it for sometime. I don't meditate daily, only as and when I feel like it, but the thought that the sure way to steady spiritual progress involves daily meditation is at the back of my mind always.

Thread Information