Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abrahamic Religions and God Realization

Abrahamic Religions and God Realization

Excerpts from Sivaya Subramuniyasawami's book "How to become a better Hindu".

Perhaves only the 2nd traditional hindu teacher (whom I have read) who categorically denies salvation possibilities of these faiths, without a shred of doubt or hesitation. He however stop short of calling them Asuric.

He also speaks the same theory as Shaktibad swami, that all Sanatana Dharma paths follow one of the many nerve currents in the spine, while asuric dogmas block these currents, making self realization impossible ~ unless by herculean self-effort.

Praise to this true guru of sanatana dharma. Jai Ho!!

Devotee: Do you have to be a Hindu to realize God?
    Gurudeva: The Christian-Judaic-Islamic religions, also known as the Abrahamic faiths, do not hold to the doctrine that God is everywhere and in all things. Their belief is that God is eternally separate from the world He created. The first samadhi of Satchidananda, experiencing God in and through all things, postulated by Sanatana Dharma and other Eastern faiths, believed in and then attained by their followers, is in most cases unattainable through those religious paths that block the conscious and subconscious states of mind of their followers by negating and denying this mystical experience as apostasy. Extraterrestrial channels encased in the sushumna current in the spine of man are inherent in the fiber of the religions that know of and lead man's consciousness to God Realization. These inner channels of consciousness are available to its members, guiding them to their ultimate destiny on this planet. Still, there are rare souls who dive deeply into themselves despite their faith's beliefs, and penetrate into the states of Satchidananda, sometimes becoming heretical members of the faith that claimed no such mystical experience was possible. But once Satchidananda is even briefly experienced, the inner knowledge of reincarnation, the subtle forces of the law of karma and the presence of God in all things are intuitively understood. Actually, one of the major problems of the Abrahamic religions is having within them undeclared apostates who have had these universal inner experiences and who, in turn, silently sway the minds of other followers, not by preaching alien philosophies but by sharing their own compelling mystical encounters.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: Abrahamic Religions and God Realization

Namaste sm78.

You have brought out a very important point, thank you!

Even among Hindus, the vast majority of us don't do any sAdhAnA by yogAsana, prAnAyAmA and meditation. Bhakti is our prevalent and most preferred way to God.

The major difference is that by seeing God in everything, animate and inanimate, we Hindus increase the receptive capacity of our mind as well as have a vast field for God's power to communicate to us. Knowledge and experience might come to us through anyone, human or non-human, or even anything. Therefore we are in a better position to make use of God's grace, which is all around like the sunshine. Since mind (buddhi) is the master of all thoughts, emotions, feelings and their nerve channels, an expanded mind has the capacity to drain bad effects quickly and retain the good.

Our communication to God is likened to a funnel placed on its base. The apex is always single-pointed. The wider the base, the greater our experiences of devotion that surges upward.

The scriptures of Christian-Judaic-Islamic religions do not analyze the mind and its capabilities or about the vestures that cover the human soul, though such knowledge was available to Jesus and his teachers during their time. When the followers of these faiths gain this knowledge through their interaction with Sanatana Dharma and Buddhism, they naturally grow out of their faiths and carve out their own paths to God.

Namaste Singhi,

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    ...without a shred of doubt or hesitation. He however stop short of calling them Asuric.
    This is exactly what I admire about Gurudeva. There was no wishy-washiness with him. He was very clear about every single point and never strayed from his path. He never diluted down any tradition or belief, and insisted on perfection from each of his followers. He also did not put down any belief system either. When he criticized, he did so constructively.

He also speaks the same theory as Shaktibad swami, that all Sanatana Dharma paths follow one of the many nerve currents in the spine
    The doctrines of nerve currents – ida, pingala and sushumna nadis – are largely Saiva-Shakta Agamic, and I am not certain if they are specificially taught in all schools, but I do believe they are inherent in all Sanatana Dharma paths.

while asuric dogmas block these currents, making self realization impossible ~ unless by herculean self-effort.
    Whether self-realization is possible in other systems is not for me to say, but I do agree that is depends primarily on the mindset, which is tied in with the yogic nerve currents. I believe that Dharma paths are specifically set up to foster that self-realization, or enlightenment as one may choose to call it, whereas others may not be.

Praise to this true guru of sanatana dharma. Jai Ho!!
    Jai Gurudeva.

OM Shanti,
    A.

I hope that this is not another one of the long dead holymen that everyone likes to talk about. If he is not dead, he need to come to america and tell this story . Then he better take off running before the fight breaks out.

This is the poorest statement I have ever heard and would be laughed out of almost all churches.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I hope that this is not another one of the long dead holymen that everyone likes to talk about. If he is not dead, he need to come to america and tell this story . Then he better take off running before the fight breaks out.

This is the poorest statement I have ever heard and would be laughed out of almost all churches.
    Again only mis-informed, self prejudiced, big mouthed, talk and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Whether self-realization is possible in other systems is not for me to say, but I do agree that is depends primarily on the mindset, which is tied in with the yogic nerve currents. I believe that Dharma paths are specifically set up to foster that self-realization, or enlightenment as one may choose to call it, whereas others may not be
    It is not our duty to judge others for no reason. At the same time it necessary to understand one's foes. Since religious leaders of the traditions in question have a agenda in front of them to destroy the Hindu culture and they openly share their view points about our traditions, it is necessary we understand who we are dealing with. That's all. Particularly when the lie of sarba dharma sama bhava is so prevalent amongst the followers of the dharmic religions.

Regarding your Gurudeva, the fully realized beings don't talk in uncertain terms. They remain unknown or they talk and do concrete things. (my opinion of course).

Adi Shankara Bhagvan is the glowing example in our yuga. It's only strange that most universalism proponents in our religion at least in philosophy look upto him, most of whose own life ironically was uprooting of Bauddha heresy.

It is not our duty to judge others for no reason. At the same time it necessary to understand one's foes. Since religious leaders of the traditions in question have a agenda in front of them to destroy the Hindu culture and they openly share their view points about our traditions, it is necessary we understand who we are dealing with. That's all. Particularly when the lie of sarba dharma sama bhava is so prevalent amongst the followers of the dharmic religions.
    Pranam sm, pranam all

Your ideals and prem for the dharma is commendable just like you I knew one very great Hindu dharma premi called Maadhav, he used to post on India divine forum, his only mission in life was for Hindu eakta and awareness, against all the so called religions and their duplicity. I wish he could be with us.

Once again keep it up, we have to expose all this lies in the name of religion.

Vasudev kutumbak is fine and it is, but the cancer of conversion by force or cheating and inducement has no place in it.
    Intellectual debate should be encourage, let the wind blow from all direction even hurricane but there is no chance of uprooting the Vedic dharma not even from adharmic forces.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    namast Willie,
    Instead of 'hoping' why not google his name and find out for yourself. I am sure eve if you spend one minute on this activity of googling, you will find out for yourself instead of hoping.

Yes, Willie, I agree with you. Your statement is the poorest I have ever seen.
    satay

Namaste Singhi,
    I do not disagree with your statements. I understand the need to understand and criticize other systems. I am not one to say or believe that the central message of Hinduism is universalism. Hinduism, as far as I know, had never engaged in universalist thought before the time of Ram Mohan Roy, who imported the ideas of the Unitarian Universalist Church. Today the universalist message is so strong that many people actually think that Hinduism says all religions are one and the same. To criticize other systems has become an anathema and seen as "un-Hindu", whereas historically it never was.

Satay has brought up this point many a time on this forum: what does one say to a Hindu child who asks her/his parent, “if all religions are the same, why should I not become a Christian or Muslim?” The question I ask in response is does Hinduism really say all religions are one and the same?

Adi Shankara Bhagvan is the glowing example in our yuga. It's only strange that most universalism proponents in our religion at least in philosophy look upto him, most of whose own life ironically was uprooting of Bauddha heresy.
    Yes! I find this to be the greatest irony of all.

OM Shanti,
    A.

10. Re: Abrahamic Religions and God Realization

In "real life", I don't see Hindu peoples constantly comparing their religion with other religions. I am not sure I understand this need to compare and point out flaws in other religions on this board. Or even if not pointing out flaws, there seems to be so many posts about being the best or defensive with other world views.

Just be. There really is no need to feel inferior or superior. Just be what you are.
    Those who in penance and faith dwell in the forest, peaceful and wise,living a mendicant's life, free from passion depart through the door ofthe sun to the place of the immortal Person, the imperishable Self.Atharva Veda, Mundaka Upanishad 1.2.11. ve p. 415

Thread Information