Thread: Kautuku/kalava bracelet

Post Kautuku/kalava bracelet

I'm not the most certain if this is the forum where I should post this request, however I thought it would be best to try. I'm conducting an investigation into the kalava/kautuku bracelet, and I was wondering if anyone on this forum could answer certain questions I have towards the bracelet. I made a previous post on this forum in regards to my investigation, and thought I might as well post it here as well. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a specific text, where Sri Krishna said in the Bhagavad Gita, that without any ritual ou can still connect with god with good action and thought. This would help me alot.

What does the bracelet mean to you, and how has it affected your life?

• Has it impacted you spiritually? If so how?
    • How has it brought you closer to the Hindu faith?
    • What does it represent/symbolize to you?
    • Do you have any experiences with it that you would be open to share?

If you don't a kautuku/kalava bracelet

• What views/ opinions do you have towards the bracelet?
    • Have u learned anything about the bracelet?

Re: Kautuku/kalava bracelet

Dear puffthebest

If you feel well with the bracelet wear it and enjoy it, do not care what others say or think about it. In all cultures people wear a talisman or an amulet to feel protected … don’t make a brain-drain out of it …

As a child (I grew up as a Christian) I often passed an art shop in the city where I grew up that had a picture in the window showing two children crossing a raging river on a wooden bridge. A guardian angel hovered over them. Whenever we were around my mother had to go to this shop with me, that I could take a quick look at this picture. This motif accompanies me through my life. I kept finding it somewhere, since long I have two small pictures at home and for nothing in the world I would give them away.
    Regarding Bhagavad Gita may be you mean Chapter II, esp. the verses 41 - 44.
    https://vedantavision.org/bhagavad-g...a-verse-42-44/

An essay from Satya Chaitanya may inspire you - scroll to 'The Upanishads have no respect for rituals nor does Krishna or the Gita'
    https://www.boloji.com/articles/5218...-of-karma-yoga
    Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information