Quote Originally Posted by Humbleseeker View Post
Hare Krishna!

When Lord Shiva is described as a an exalted person in Brahma Samhita (https://vedabase.io/en/library/bs/5/45/), even as per Vaishnava philosophy can we group Him under the general term of Demi-god, which seems to be more fitting for a deva/post?
May be in English there are not many synonyms for demi-gods to make this differentiation.. ??

(Understanding of Lord Shiva's position is much better in Gaudiya sampradaya compared to Sri Vaishnavism where it is considered as a person like any other deva.)
The above quoted line describes it all very well, and I agree.

Before trying to answer, I tried to search for the video by HH Sri Indradyumna Swami Maharaj of ISKCON wherein he describes the role of Shiva as Gopeshwar Mahadev in Vrindavan. Alas, there are far too many videos under his channel 'Indradyumna Swami Official ENG' in Youtube, and I am unable to locate it.

I think at this point, it would be wiser for someone to clarify with monks like him, as to me, it seems acceptable for the term demi-god, for someone of lesser importance as per the sect.

Regarding the rest,

I am interested to knw more about two important points you have made. If you wish kindly share more on these two aspects.

1. You had indicated that "the position of 9th lord, Atmakaraka and similar factors in Navamsa decide our attraction to a specific form of deity, therefore there is no real threat to one's devotion" Can you guide some references where i can learn more about this to evaluate my own case?
2. So based on this horoscope, even if one is in a different sampradaya , rather than the one indicated by horsocope as favorable, then one cannot attain perfection in that path?
3."Nothing happens without Krishna or Shiva's grace. I think we can at least be assured those ever souls, destined for the right path, will be found by Shiva or Krishna at the right moment, without fail and that this would happen even if they originally take to a different path."
So are you referring here that even those who are engaged sincerely in Devotional service to Krishna, if their path is towards Shiva , they will be picked up at some time to another path? ( I am not sure if any Acharya would accept this , but though i feel intuitively that it is possible). can you explain a bit more. Thanks.
1. Kindly refer to posts by @Yajvan here, he gives precise pointers about jyotish and Ishta-devata. I am not astrologically trained, just an enthusiast, and made casual remarks.
2. I guess so, however if you could open this up as a separate thread, it might give opportunity for experts to conclusively opine on it, now or later. Also this thread is derailed from the OP very much already.
3. There have been several examples, memory has it that there is an azhwar who was formerly as Shiva devotee, and also an nayanmar who was a Vishnu devotee to begin with. Besides, there are also numerous examples of both Shaivite and Vaishnavite devotees converted from Jainism and Buddhism. To find the names out, it needs some time as I am unable to locate too quickly. May be, a reader who knows can help.

When the soul is ripe, the right intervention happens, as in the case of saint Arunagirinathar, who was a total non-devotee taken over by Murugan.