Namaste

I ponder about the term sectarian.

Asking google about ‚sect‘

A group of people with somewhat different religious beliefs (typically regarded as heretical) from those of a larger group to which they belong.

A group that has separated from an established Church; a nonconformist Church.

A philosophical or political group, especially one regarded as extreme or dangerous. "a sect of anarchists".

At least the first two have a clear reference to Christianity. People who split off from what is called ‘the church’ and founded their own religious communities were called heretical, their community was called a sect. Thus the term ‘sect’ has a negative connotation in Christianity.

And with the translation of Indian scriptures by Christians their thinking and their terms found entrance. The right term would be Sampradaya.

Asking google about ‚Sampradaya‘

In Hinduism, a sampradāya (Sanskrit: सम्प्रदाय) can be translated as 'tradition', 'spiritual lineage', 'sect' or 'religious system'.

Translating सम्प्रदाय with google translator I get ‚community‘.

For me the writings of the Sampradayas have always been an enrichment, that broadened my mind. It doesn't matter what name they give their highest Lord, the thoughts are important. From every Sampradaya I took what created a resonance within myself. I wouldn't want to miss the different interpretations of the scriptures either. There is no right or wrong, just an ocean of variations to get closer to the mystery. How boring would my life have been without all these Sampradayas.

Pranam