Thread: Reintroduction Post-FaceBook

Reintroduction Post-FaceBook

Namaskāra everyone,

I am back here after a number of years away from this forum. I realize now the beauty of this style of communications, the Forum. It is a combination of the Internet as it is today AND the pre-Internet days of Bulletin Board Services of the 80s. There is activity here, but it is much quieter in a good way. I'm no longer active on FB after being suspended a few times for my statements that are pro-Hindū, pro-Bhārat and show up the shortcomings of western Christian civilization. I migrated over to MeWe (still white-controlled social media, though with much less tighter reins) and tried to get my "friends" to come over there with me. Only a few were willing to do so because they are comfortable in their captivity.

You may remember me from this thread I wrote years ago, "What am I?":

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...548#post118548

A LOT has happened, so let me try to sum up things from the last six years.

1) I shifted from one part of Texas to another.
    2) I went through Hurricane Harvey, which made my damaged travel trailer unliveable, requiring that I relocate to an Indian "boarding" house temporarily before finding a room in a house.
    3) I attended the Hindu Temple of The Woodlands for 3+ years.
    4) I found odd jobs through the Hindū community.
    5) I went to Kumbha Mela in 2016 in Ujjain, MP for 2 weeks before traveling to Dillī, Haridvāra, Hṛṣīkeśa, Jaipur, etc. for 4 weeks before returning to the US
    6) I watched the 80s Mahābhārata TV serial and the 90s Cāṇakya TV serial.

AND

7) I relocated to Vaḍodarā, Gujarāt state in August 2018. I knew I had to come back. This is where I have been since, minding the visa limitations, though I've had my visa stay extended several times because of the CCP-virus situation. I'm getting ready to shift to Hṛṣīkeśa.
    8) My first Hindū text I recited (though stumbled through) was the Gītā Press version of the Bhagavad Gītā in Saṃskṛta/Hindī alongside a separate English translation immediately after Kumbha Mela. And since then, I've done a number of other texts like Tattva Bodha, Ātmā Bodha, Śiva Sūtras, Spandakārikā, Pratyabhijñāhṛdayam, Kāmikāgama, Śri Dakṣināmūrti Stotram, Śrī Rāmacaritamānasa, and more recently, I did the Vālmīki Rāmāyaṇa (Gītā Press version in Saṃskṛta and English). I am now doing the Mahābhārata (Gītā Press in Saṃskṛta/Hindī and DeBroy in English) for the next several years, still in the Vanaparva of the 18-parva classification system.
    9) I have been reading hundreds, nearly a thousand Indian-origin comic books to see what the Indian mindset is like because:
    10) I had a DNA test in November 2020, over two years after I arrived in Bhārat, only to find out that I have SE India DNA as my largest non-white gene pool... I'm now waiting for the maternal lineage test to find out which side the Indian DNA comes down on, as it is unknown to us. I have a LOT of catching up to do on my reading and living after my last Indian-born ancestor left this homeland.

Namaskāra...

Re: Reintroduction Post-FaceBook

Namaste,

You must have a very rich set of experiences to share.

HH Radhanath Swami of ISKCON in one of his videos discusses his experiences as a hitch-hiker who came all the way from America to India and practiced his spirituality by doing tapas in Himalayan caves.

The video brings on a rich experience to the on-lookers and takes them captive to the delicate feelings of the Swami.

I hope you will blog each of the above stated points and share your elaborate thoughts on the subject with the reader such that he/she can dwell and relive your experiences.

It may even make for a book!

Warm regards,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information