15. Jayadharma
    16. Purusottama
    17. Brahmanya Tirtha
    18. Vyasa Tirtha
    19. Lakshmipati
    20. Madhavendra Puri
    21. Ishvara Puri, (Nityananda, Advaita)
    22. Lord Chaitanya
    23. Rupa Goswami, (Svarupa, Sanatana Goswami)
    24. Raghunatha, Jiva Goswami
    25. Krishnadasa
    26. Narottama
    27. Vishvanatha
    28. Srila Jagannatha Dasa Babaji Maharaja,(Srila Baladeva Vidyabhushana)
    29. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
    30. Srila Gaurakishora Dasa Babaji Maharaja
    31. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura
    32. AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Many know Gaudeeya Vaishnavism only from the time of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. This is because of Radha-Krishna worship.

There are 4 Vaishnava Sampradayas - Sri Sampradaya, Kumara Sampradaya, Nimbarka and Gaudeeya sampradayas.

There are some philosophical differences between each of these sampradayas and also they differ in their view of 'who is the supreme?'. For example, someone from the Sri Sampradaya may hail Narayana to be the supreme whereas Gaudeeyas claim Krishna to be the supreme.

Besides not all these Vaishnava sampradayas recognize worship of Sri Radha. Worship of Sri Radha is totally denounced by Ramanandis, a branch hailing from Sri sampradaya, and during the time of King of Jaipur (Jaisingh III), student of Viswanath Chakravarthy Thakur, namely Baladeva VidyaBhushana wrote commentaries for the Brahma Sutra (Gaudeeya version) and established Radha worship in the mainstream, settling all doubts and disputes on this front.

Some of these information and many more interesting facts about Hare-Krishna maha-mantra are discussed by Swami B.G.Narasingha in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YZmJ4I3Rns

Pranam,

Viraja

jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: The disciplic succession of Brahma Madhwa Gaudiya Sampradaya

Hare Krishna,

The sampradya's names arent starting with their stalwart acharyas but the first originator

Also, its not the question of who is Supreme - all are Vaishanva worshippers ( and question or understanding should be, is there hierarchy among Vishnu and His avatars/Forms or not). The unianymous answer is NO hiearachy ( which means no Supreme and VISHNU is supreme). Gaudiyas see Lord Krishna as Svyam Bhagavan - the very same self Bhagavan ( who is the source of other forms and avatars - though with no gradation in terms of every Tattva).

Hare Krsna

Namaste,

Please re-check the OP. I have listed Krishna as #1 to indicate he is the originator of Gaudiya sampradya, which has Brahma Madhwa sampradaya as its roots.

As for the rest of your comments, I only re-iterated what Swami B.G.Narasingha has said in the given video regarding different Vaishnava sampradaya's view of who is supreme, to create interest in viewing the video.

Best regards,

Also to add:

I have been contributing some content now and then, which might be truly useful or valuable to readers of this once-thriving forum. I see no harm in my posts whatsoever.

But I find that correcting my posts unnecessarily and putting words in my mouth as if I said wrong things, dissuades my interest in this forum.

I might not continue writing anything if this type of responses continue to my posts.

Thanks.

Hare Krishna.

My sincere apologies and not sure what made you feel offended.
    "Supreme" is not the right word to use - if someone used it and attributed it to "Gaudiya", it required proper attention and correction. It's not YOU who is getting "Corrected" here but just the meaning of what you conveyed with your interest for the learners. But looks like you want to have some personal space and I will refrain from "adding" replies to your posts.

Thank you
    Hare Krshna

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Hare Krishna.

"Supreme" is not the right word to use - if someone used it and attributed it to "Gaudiya", it required proper attention and correction. It's not YOU who is getting "Corrected" here but just the meaning of what you conveyed with your interest for the learners. But looks like you want to have some personal space and I will refrain from "adding" replies to your posts.

Thank you
    Hare Krshna
    Namaste Grames ji,

Yes it is true I require a more private space, but that does not mean corrections and additions are not welcome.

I am unable to judge anyone's intention from just interacting via this written-mode. Seems I have offended a pure soul.

Certain factors were the reason why I judged your responses wrongly, some of them being, that I have never received any appreciation from you for any of my posts in this forum so far, but just corrections and also the fact your good self does not post any topics to share your knowledge otherwise.

Sorry for mentioning these, but because of these very same reasons, I am given to thinking may be you were overly criticizing my efforts.

I apologize profoundly for my mistake. I know your kind self to be a very knowledgeable person, but just that anything in memory fades over the long run and I have forgotten all about your former forum participations, when this forum used to be alive and in full-swing.

If it is not too late, I beg you to please continue making corrections and additions to my posts.

__/\__

Humbled,

Viraja

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Hare Krishna.

Thank you
    Hare Krshna
    Also for this little note on the OP, Grames ji.

Well, interest in this OP stems from videos of late HH Swami B.G.Narasingha.

Swami Narasingha in one of his videos given during Nityananda Trayodashi discusses and if I am not wrong, rather expresses his dissatisfaction of them having constructed the 'Rangaji Mandir' for Sri Ranganatha at Vrindavan.

Swami seems to be an expert in discussing different forms of Krishna bhakti, and he discusses in his various videos, how prema to Krishna is supreme over Narayana bhakti.

It is said Narayana-bakthi is all about "Ishwarya Bhava" (mode of awe and reverence) whereas Krishna prema is all about losing one's identity in an impersonal form of love, called prema.

Swami has discussed about Vaidhi bakthi, Raganuga bhakti, Ragatmiga bhakti, Bhava bhakthi and eventually, prema bhakthi in his videos. Worth a watch.

Therefore in that perspective, he seems dissatisfied that Rangaji mandir should be constructed in Vrindavana, emphasizine Ishwarya bhava over prema-bhaava.

In another video presentation given in Thirukkurungudi about Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Swami Narasingha mentions repeatedly, Narayana and Krishna together, which means, whenever he names Krishna, he immediately adds "Narayana" compulisively and presents his dialogue on Mahaprabhu. This sounds like in this video at least, he considers Narayana to be one with Krishna, which I know that Swami does not truly intend so.

In the given link in this OP, Swami has discussed in similar vein, how Madhwas traditionally are not given to Radha-worship, and in similar vein he discusses how many Vaishnavas do not consider Krishna to be supreme (and that he is just "an avatara" of Narayana) whereas Gaudiyas think Narayana is an expansion of Krishna.

I thought all this was interesting to note. That is why I share some of this info in the OP, using the "supreme' keyword.

Many thanks,

Viraja

Thread Information