Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surrender, its approach and implications

Re: Surrender, its approach and implications

Yes, all good observations and comments. Let me just add that talking a whole lot about surrender and reading a lot of holy books is not surrender.

As they say, "A donkey with a load of holy books is still a donkey".
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih!

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Yes, all good observations and comments. Let me just add that talking a whole lot about surrender and reading a lot of holy books is not surrender. .
    Namaste Kaos,
    of what you write there is no doubt. As of late, you have most keenly informed us about surrender as a good thing, and talked of donkeys and the weight of the books therein... You have given us wonderful quotes of the Lord, yet we still await your views. Perhaps [ just maybe a maybe] one of the books on the donkey will be of assistance for you... one must start from where one is.

Painted cakes do not satisfy hunger , from 4 posts ago. We still await patiently for your wisdom, insights, opinions or ideas on this matter. A view and idea, a practical approach, a clue, something other then painted cakes.

Until then, thank you, and we wait... talk to us on HOW to reach the SELF other then it is GOOD to do this.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

Until then, thank you, and we wait... talk to us on HOW to reach the SELF other then it is GOOD to do this.

Namaste yajvan (and all),

My friend, if talking was all there is to surrender then perhaps all the chirping birds and parrots would have surrendered?

As for practical applications regarding the topic of surrender, for example, when one faces a dilemna or a crisis, when one asks the Lord for guidance, takes shelter in the Lord. Realizing that the Lord is the Supreme Controller and acknowledging that we are just parts, prakrti, controlled. What do you think happens?
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Namaste yajvan (and all),

My friend, if talking was all there is to surrender then perhaps all the chirping birds and parrots would have surrendered?

As for practical applications regarding the topic of surrender, for example, when one faces a dilemna or a crisis, when one asks the Lord for guidance, takes shelter in the Lord. Realizing that the Lord is the Supreme Controller and acknowledging that we are just parts, prakrti, controlled. What do you think happens?
    Hello Kaos,

Again you bring the wisdom of the sages to our door steps, yet with out the cook book to eat the words...

Inform us on how to take shelter in the Lord - fine words, give me an action to to this. That is 'yajvan do the following: A, B, C, and you will be on the course of finding His shelter' .

My dear sadhu, you mention "if talking was all there is to surrender then perhaps all the chirping birds and parrots would have surrendered"

This is the issue at hand - so far we await an instruction from you that is more then a paraphrase, chirping, like the one given above.

We know that the Lord is the Supreme, we can read this in the agamas, Upanishads, the Puranas; This concept, this truth is NOT hidden to us; You are not bringing us any revelation with these words that our Upanishads and Veda do not offer our own eyes. So , let me ask what is the value of your posts then? Where is the contribition , other then folly?

We look to you, as a contributor of HDF, for ideas on how to LIVE this wisdom, not just quote, a chirp.

Until then... I have said my POV and that will be it, otherwise you are playing 'Bring me a rock' and I choose not to participate.

regards,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

Until then... I have said my POV and that will be it, otherwise you are playing 'Bring me a rock' and I choose not to participate.

regards,

Namaste yajvan,

Perhaps, your approach to surrender is no longer optimal...

farewell then.
    kaos

farewell then. kaos
    Namaste Kaos,
    I leave you on this matterwith something you may wish to ponder:

Is it better to keep one's mouth shut and be considered a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt? Abraham Lincoln

Perhaps in a future post, on a different subject the brilliance of Kaos will shine though.... until that time.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Um, when Kali kicks your ass all over town, you'll surrender.

ZN
    /just saying
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Znanna View Post
    Um, when Kali kicks your ass all over town, you'll surrender. ZN /just saying
    Perfect ZN, I can see the 'motivation'...
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

For those who read this line , we could see it comming , knew it was comming and in the end it finally got here. The whole thread surrendered to silence and disolved into nothingness.

So neither these minds could come up with any thing to show the way and the rest of us are left to chirp on our own. But it might not be to bad, the bird have long since surrendered to the lord , depending on it for good weather, mates and wild food or on the kindness of strangers for a handout, in times of need.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    ----
    And finally the only practical way to surrender which is essentially God realization is surrendering at the feet of the Guru. ---
    Namaste All,

Yes, this is the most practical thing to do. True Guru, who is said to appear at appropriate time is also said to be none other than God.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information