Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Surrender, its approach and implications

Re: Surrender, its approach and implications

Yajvan and all,

Allow me to point out that we cannot progress in the path of bhakti if we are filled with pride.

Lord Caitanya says we must be humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and ready to offer great respect to others without expecting any in return... Thinking ourselves lower than the straw in the street.

He also instructs us not to be rigid and that Love should reign supreme, not fear.

Namaste,
    Kaos
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Yajvan and all,

Allow me to point out that we cannot progress in the path of bhakti if we are filled with pride.

Lord Caitanya says we must be humble than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and ready to offer great respect to others without expecting any in return... Thinking ourselves lower than the straw in the street.

He also instructs us not to be rigid and that Love should reign supreme, not fear.

Namaste,
    Kaos

Namaste Kaos,

Yes Kaos. You must have read the story of Da Da Da. Advices are appropriate to the requirement of the receiver.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post

Advices are appropriate to the requirement of the receiver.

Advices are also appropriate to the requirement of the one providing advices. Therefore, if one's practice is based on pride, arrogance and ignorance, "advices" offered by such, is inappropriate.

Although, it's fun to read "advices" by some of our self-proclaimed, holier-than-thou, know-it-all's, here in this board.
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih!

Admin Note
    namaste kaos,

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post

Although, it's fun to read "advices" by some of our self-proclaimed, holier-than-thou, know-it-all's, here in this board.
    I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify your statement by providing evidence. Otherwise I will be forced to edit/delete your post for breaking forum rules: No Flaming, No trolling.

Thanks,
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Admin Note
    namaste kaos,

I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify your statement by providing evidence. Otherwise I will be forced to edit/delete your post for breaking forum rules: No Flaming, No trolling.

Thanks,

Yajvan and all,

Namaste,
    Kaos
    Advices are also appropriate to the requirement of the one providing advices. Therefore, if one's practice is based on pride, arrogance and ignorance, "advices" offered by such, is inappropriate.

Namste Satay,

The advice and its applicability.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Nasmate,

I have not really followed this total line of thinking as of late. I have found some posts antagonizing and looking for conflict to engage in, hence I post and read in other sections. Yet there is a pattern here, as this behavior manifests itself on other posts too. I do not get it. [This has nothing to do with the last post Atanu, please do not view it as such.]

The intent of the initial string was an uplifting approach and discussion on surrender and peoples POV's on this... then it took a turn that I do not understand, that of implications of negativity. The intent was that of community discussion on a fine subject.

I do not comprehend this behaviour where people offer ideas to stimulate thought, yet a small view choose to find holes with the suject or author. This behavior, I am not accustomed to from a site on Sanatana Dharm. What am i missing ? Is this the behavior we wish to groom on HDF? If I were on a political site, with banter of world issues, and politicians, I can see the intent.

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 17 July 2007 at 10:03 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Nasmate,

I have not really followed this total line of thinking as of late. I have found some posts antagonizing and looking for conflict to engage in, hence I post and read in other sections. Yet there is a pattern here, as this behavior manifests itself on other posts too. I do not get it. [This has nothing to do with the last post Atanu, please do not view it as such.]
    Namaste,

This behaviour was due to some misunderstanding. I requested other members involved in this to reconsider and my request has been kindly accepted.

I do not comprehend this behaviour where people offer ideas to stimulate thought, yet a small view choose to find holes with the suject or author. This behavior, I am not accustomed to from a site on Sanatana Dharm. What am i missing ? Is this the behavior we wish to groom on HDF? If I were on a political site, with banter of world issues, and politicians, I can see the intent.

pranams,
    We do have a 'politics' section on HDF where we can banter on world issues that affect Dharma.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Nasmate,

----[This has nothing to do with the last post Atanu, please do not view it as such.]-------
    pranams,
    Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Yes, this has nothing to do with atanu.

I have also noted what you have written in your above post. I am just a bit more direct to point out the gap between an advice and its application.

Though, no hard feelings for anyone. We're all brothers and brothers do fight and hold hands.

Om Namah Shivaya

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Thank you both Atanu and satay,

I am sure I have lost something along the way on this whole string and is not worth the pursuit at this point to outline the subtleties I see, further discussion on my part only convolutes the conversation.

Atanu, your directness is refreshing and without malice, this has never been an issue. Satay your intent has always been forth-right. Thank you both for your note.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information