Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Saga of the "ego"

Re: Saga of the "ego"

Quote Originally Posted by nirotu View Post

Then again, “What one sees is what one actually is”

Perhaps, we should change the title of this thread to "Saga of Nirotu's ego", all 7 pages of it...
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate.
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih!

Smile Re: Saga of the "ego"

Quote Originally Posted by nirotu View Post
    Dear Friends:

Not too long ago a sage from India (popularly known as – Amma) passed through San Francisco and a friend of mine had the opportunity to attend her discourse. While chatting with my friend, I was told about the speaker who had said, “Everything is God’s creation accept the ego”. I began to think about this profound statement. How true it really is!! Every soul is trying to turn to God because that is where it belongs, which is in the presence of God. Yet, the ego does not want to turn to God because God is not its creator!

What is every one’s perspective regarding the truth in this profound statement (quote above)? Or, perhaps, that could form the basis for a deeper discussion on the nature and the role of the “ego” in creation and in man’s spiritual journey.

Blessings,
    Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Nirotu.
    The sense of doership should at all cost be rid of in all matters.Even a leaf cannot move without HIS bidding.This is the ultimate truth.
    To understand and realise this principle, one needs to have the grace of a self-realised Guru.Only then this profound realisation will flash by itself.

Re: Saga of the "ego"

Namaste Arvind,
    Nirotu has been missing in action for quite a while now.

Nirotu, if you are reading this, I request you to join us again. I am sure that you are being missed by many.
    satay

Thread Information