Thread: What will be the maximum duration of life for human beings in this Kali-yuga?

What will be the maximum duration of life for human beings in this Kali-yuga?

Namaste all.
    Vyasadeva Bhagavan,who wrote the puranas,sometims tales a story in different manner.This depende from the age when the story is happened.
    For example in Srimad Bhagavata Purana,it is Lord Brahma that gives boons to Hiranyakasipu.In Padma Purana (but I am not sure if was Padma Purana) it is wrote that Lord Shiva gives boons to Hiranyakasipu.
    Even the story of Dhruva Maharaja is different in Sri Vishnu Purana and in Srimad Bhagavata Purana.
    In Srimad Bhagavata Purana,Canto 12,Chapter 2,it is wrote:
    (11)The maximum duration of life for human beings in Kali-yuga will be fifty years.

In Sri Vishnu Purana,Book 6,Chapter 1,it is wrote:
    A man will be grey when he is twelve; and no one will exceed twenty years of life.

I don't know if it is possible to know in what age a story is happened.
    But I want to ask the following questions:what will be the maximum duration of life for human beings in this Kali-yuga?Twenty or fifty years?

Regards,
    Orlando.

Nice findings.

I would like to say two things here.

1. Kali totaly constitutes 432,000 human years and only 5103 is passed.

2. Fifty and Twenty actually do not mean exact 50 and 20 but 50's and 20's, in the sense, less than 60 and less than 30.

Considering all, as the days pass by sometime by 150,000 it is presumed that man will not live longer to reach 60, except by exceptional cases and further as the days pass by, due to more heat and attrocities, man will not make 30

Jai shree krishna

Re: What will be the maximum duration of life for human beings in this Kali-yuga?

Quote Originally Posted by ramkish42 View Post
    Nice findings.

I would like to say two things here.

2. Fifty and Twenty actually do not mean exact 50 and 20 but 50's and 20's, in the sense, less than 60 and less than 30.

Considering all, as the days pass by sometime by 150,000 it is presumed that man will not live longer to reach 60, except by exceptional cases and further as the days pass by, due to more heat and attrocities, man will not make 30

Jai shree krishna
    Yes it is mentioned in Srimad Bhagwad puran in 12th skand that during the kaliyuga the age of man will go down as the yuga will reach, eventually it will be 25 years. Trees will be shorter and also cows wont be like today, their height will be affected too, when everywhere there will toal chaos, people wont follow the path of Dharma, Shri Vishnu will take Kalki incarnation, he will come on Horse...

Re: What will be the maximum duration of life for human beings in this Kali-yuga?

Pranam,
    (quote)

2. Fifty and Twenty actually do not mean exact 50 and 20 but 50's and 20's, in the sense, less than 60 and less than 30. (end quote)

So, you are saying if one lives to be 60 yrs old each life time then one will reincarnate 7200 more times on earth?!? OMG! That seems like way too many times to be born in KaliYuga.

How many more souls will be on earth in 100 more years? Are there only so many human souls in existance?

Namaste

Thread Information