Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parrots and Monkeys

Well if marlon has more weight then charlie, then marlon has more gravatational pull.

Gravity is weak compaired to the other attractions of physics but it may also be the strongest because if basically keep the universe together.

I think that all this buddhist talk is on shakey ground. Not very well explained on what happen to to make the reentry into at physical body happen and why kharma has any influence on it. So maybe the most important part it the least understood. That is a shame.

Namaste willie,

thank you for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by willie

Gravity is weak compaired to the other attractions of physics but it may also be the strongest because if basically keep the universe together.

curious.. how is something weak and "strongest" at the same time?

what binds the atomically structured universe is the strong and weak nuclear forces, not gravity, the last time i read any of the cosmologies that deal with this. admittedly, that has been a few years ago.

I think that all this buddhist talk is on shakey ground.

no doubt for you are not a Buddhist

Not very well explained on what happen to to make the reentry into at physical body happen

what do you mean? i used a single word to explain it? how much more concise can it get?

besides, why worry about such things? it has little bearing on ones day to day activities.

and why kharma has any influence on it.

Karma/kamma is a well established principle within the Dharma traditions, it is not unique to the Buddha Dharma. if you have an interest in learning our views, there are resources available which would be more appropos than here.

So maybe the most important part it the least understood. That is a shame.
    then you have misunderstood what is considered important in the Buddha Dharma.

nevertheless, you are free to investigate these things for yourself and discern what we mean by these terms and such.

metta,

~v
    Meditation brings Wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back.

~Buddha Shakyamuni

I have gained this from philosophy:

That i do, without being commanded, what others do only through fear of Law.

~Aristotle

Namaste willie,

it seems to me that you don't really have much interest in the Buddha Dharma nor Tao and are unable to tell the difference between these two things.

why this is, i cannot say.

however, if you are interested in an actual discussion please let me know as your series of posts on this thread seem to demonstrate otherwise.

metta,

~v
    Meditation brings Wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back.

~Buddha Shakyamuni

~Aristotle

namaste willie,
    You have successfully derailed the thread into some meaningless discussion and as such you are breaking rule 2 of the 'Site Rules'. No Trolling.

It is clear that you do not know even the basics of buddhism or Tao. Please do not keep making meaningless posts here if you have a specific question about buddhism and/or Tao please ask Vj and I am confident that you will receive a well thought out answer.

If you continue I will be forced to close this thread. You have already demonstrated the point OP was making in post#1.
    satay

Ok, so I am in trouble again , but being in trouble is the natural state for me.

This whole buddhist thing seems to fall apart because there is not central supreme figure the makes the decsion of what body a atman or soul occupies next. And without that karma should have not effect,as without some enforcement rule cannot exist. So fast I have got the one word answer as to how this work. But I would like to see the detailed explanation.

Namaste willie,

thank you for the post.

Ok, so I am in trouble again , but being in trouble is the natural state for me.

if you perfer the state of being in trouble, then do not modify your actions. if you want to not be in trouble, consider the reasons why it happens.

This whole buddhist thing seems to fall apart because there is not central supreme figure the makes the decsion of what body a atman or soul occupies next.

since these views are foreign to the Buddha Dharma, there is no problem for it except in your mind.

we don't teach the existence of atman or souls, that is such a fundamental and basic teaching of Buddhism that i seriously have to wonder at your intent on this thread. in point of fact, i believe that i've even explained this to you already.

And without that karma should have not effect,as without some enforcement rule cannot exist.

so, because you say so, i should imagine that some being is making things fall to the earth using gravity, but that gravity, without being enforced by some being, wouldn't cause things to fall to the earth.

it is perfectly clear that you do not understand nor, seemingly, have much interest in understanding.

that is fine, however, that is rather different than claiming that such hasn't been explained.

So fast I have got the one word answer as to how this work. But I would like to see the detailed explanation.
    when you demonstrate that you have understood the basics, then we can move on to more intermediate discussions. until such time, however, it is a waste of both of our time.

if you have a real interest in learning, you can visit the www.buddhanet.net site for their "Basics of Buddhism" guide.

metta,

~v

~Buddha Shakyamuni

~Aristotle

So if all this reanimation is a natural law, like gravity , there should be some way to observe it, other than dying to find out. And since I have not heard of this it makes one wonder if all this is only talk and not much more.

So if some spritual part comes back in inhabit another body it might not have much to do with refining that part. As with not idea of what went wrong before it will be hard to know what has to be done to make up for it. And so, the talk about doing what is right is sort of like a shotgun treatment. It sees to put out the word and hope that by getting some people to follow these rules, that some of the spritual parts can be improved.

I unlike most , don't mind being in trouble. And it might be preferable to going along with the herd.

So to eliminate this whole buddhist idea, just publish the rules to live by and then people came read them and do some application work. The rest of the group can surely find other work.

Namaste willie,

So if all this reanimation is a natural law, like gravity , there should be some way to observe it, other than dying to find out. And since I have not heard of this it makes one wonder if all this is only talk and not much more.

so, essentially, your argument is one of incredulity. why does your hearing about it have anything to do with it whatsoever? have you heard of gravitrons? how about the No Boundary Proposal? that you have not heard of them does not mean that they do not exist.

the Buddha Dharma is not appropos for all beings.

So if some spritual part comes back in inhabit another body

it doesn't.

i don't really understand why you are ignoring what i'm saying to you here.

i've already explained that Buddha Dharma doesn't have such conceptions or teachings. that you continually try to apply your theistic views to the Buddha Dharma is more telling of your apriori view than anything else.

As with not idea of what went wrong before it will be hard to know what has to be done to make up for it.

if you hold a belife in reincarnation, then you should speak with some Jews or some Hindus regarding it, as it is not a part of the Buddha Dharma.

And so, the talk about doing what is right is sort of like a shotgun treatment. It sees to put out the word and hope that by getting some people to follow these rules, that some of the spritual parts can be improved.

if this is your view, then i would heartily encourage you to continue with your current practice. the Buddha Dharma will offer nothing to you in this regard. the Paramitas are not for "spiritual" improvement. that is more a teaching of Gilgul Neshamot and not related to Buddha Dharma.

I unlike most , don't mind being in trouble. And it might be preferable to going along with the herd.

then your previous statement is unnecessary.

So to eliminate this whole buddhist idea, just publish the rules to live by and then people came read them and do some application work.

to paraphrase Yoda: this is why you fail.

we live in an information age and that you willfully choose to remain ignorant of the most basic aspects of my tradition reveals a great deal about your character and integrity.

there are plenty of sites, and i've linked to a good one, that you can find out the basics of my tradition. your willful refusal to do so, and your lack of understanding or acknowledgement of my corrections to your misunderstandings, is something that you'll have to work out for yourself. it has no bearing or reflection upon anything or anyone other than you.

metta,

~v

~Buddha Shakyamuni

~Aristotle

Namaste Satay,

thank you for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    namaste willie,
    You have successfully derailed the thread into some meaningless discussion and as such you are breaking rule 2 of the 'Site Rules'. No Trolling.
    perhaps his posts could be moderated? at our forum, that is the action we take with disruptive beings until they can comport themselves with the forum rules.

It is clear that you do not know even the basics of buddhism or Tao. Please do not keep making meaningless posts here if you have a specific question about buddhism and/or Tao please ask Vj and I am confident that you will receive a well thought out answer.
    thank you for the kind words

If you continue I will be forced to close this thread. You have already demonstrated the point OP was making in post#1.
    indeed, that is correct

metta,

~v

~Buddha Shakyamuni

~Aristotle

namaste willie,
    Your meaningless posts have derailed this thread far enough. I have no choice but to close the thread. It is unfortunate because you could have had a great discussion with Vj.

I know Vj for many years and the information you would have received was going to be scholarly to say the least but...
    satay

Thread Information