Thread: Meditation / Mantra

Meditation / Mantra

I'd like to learn more about meditating. This is an excellent web site including some notes on Mantra. I want to learn more about focusing on Siva. Take a look and let me know more please.

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCor...ah_shivaya.htm

Thanks

Simon

Simon, welcome to the forums. Please post about yourself in the intro forum.

I do meditate sometimes when i mind is agitated. Mostly I dont TM. Just sit in the chair eyes closed for 15 minutes.

My friend at work uses Om Namah shivaya mantra repeat several times in a cd and closes eyes and meditates.

she also likes some buddhist chants that she thinks gives peace to her mind. see www.chantmaster.org an emmy nominated buddhist monk from india has some nice chants that could help you.

Simon, the site looks good. I book marked it and going to use it. also see www.dhlq.com they have some stuff about meditation and many things about hinduism

Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by lapis.simon
    I'd like to learn more about meditating. This is an excellent web site including some notes on Mantra. I want to learn more about focusing on Siva. Take a look and let me know more please.

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCor...ah_shivaya.htm

Thanks

Simon
    Namaskar

Shiva is a person and not a person -- difficult to meditate on really. There are many paths, but I have been drawn to a path that queries with every rising thought: Whose is this thought and who is this I? Basically it amounts to quering the source of I continuosly. Gradually or rapidly, the ego I vanishes and its place is taken up by something else.

If this does not inspire then chant with Om Namah Shivayya helps. This also finally should lead to the real I. Shiva is the constant being that ever remains experiencing the waking, dreaming, and deep sleep sleep states. You can feel the way you are really in deep sleep -- a formless body less infinity.

What Shiva is not is difficult to say. Shiva is the primordial space at the juncture of body and body lessness -- the primordial space of sacrifice, denoted by Bhadrapada nakshatra. Shiva stands ekapada in this twilight, pervading all.

To start with it is easiest to just chant and attend to the sound -- concentrating on each syllable of Om Namah Shivayya. And He will take you through the path most suitable for you. He is your Self. He knows the best.

Om Namah Shivayye

Thread Information