Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brahmacharya

Re: Brahmacharya

Thanks Madhavan ji
    I am sure this is going to be an ongoing process. Difficult but none the less enriching(both the method and the result). I only pray that I am mentally strong enough; for which I look forward to Hanuman ji's grace.
    So long
    Hari Om

Smile Re: Brahmacharya

[quote=Madhavan;14367]Good post by Arvind. In the Uma Samhita the benefits of reciting Ramayana and Sundara Kandam in particular have been elaborated.

In times of acute crisis, Sundara Kandam may be read in a single day without pause ( takes 7-10 hours) and Rama Pattabhishekam performed on the same day. It can bring forth miracles through the grace of Anjaneya. Infact anything unimaginable can happen within 41 days of doing this. The process can be repeated until the Lord hears your call.

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Madhavan.

May I know the source wherein it is mentioned as 41 days?
    If possible , please let me know the book where it is mentioned.
    1)The name of the book.
    2)Which publication.
    3)Whether it is mentioned in Uma Samhitha or Skanda Purana?OR is it some other source.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Sivaraman View Post
    Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Madhavan.

May I know the source wherein it is mentioned as 41 days?
    If possible , please let me know the book where it is mentioned.
    1)The name of the book.
    2)Which publication.
    3)Whether it is mentioned in Uma Samhitha or Skanda Purana?OR is it some other source.
    Namaste.

It is held that all remedial mesures (parihAram) suggested in the karma vibhAga ( of the karma kANDa of the vedas) bear fruit immediately, within a maNDala( 41 days) or within an year. I am not sure of the source of the view, my guess would be it is from a brAhmana text. It might also be found in some purANas, many of which have multiple recensions and may be hard to trace. You should most definitely be able to find the source in sAyanAcArya's commentary of the vedas, viz., Vedarta Prakasha or in one of his minor Sudhanidhis.( probably in the 'prayaschitta' work). Ramayana, being considered to have vedic authority - must have the same rules applicable. as well.
    He is the one on whom our hope depends. For if Hanuman survives, all we though dead are yet alive. But if his precious life be lost though living still we are but dead: He is our hope and sure relief -Jambavan (Yuddha Kanda. 74). Impossibility=Hanuman

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhavan View Post
    Namaste.

It is held that all remedial mesures (parihAram) suggested in the karma vibhAga ( of the karma kANDa of the vedas) bear fruit immediately, within a maNDala( 41 days) or within an year.
    Namaste Madavan,
    Can you help? I have been taught that a mandala [ मण्डल maṇḍala ] = 10 , or divison of 10. Can you help me understand how 4 groups of 10 ( dashmi) + 1 applies to mandala.

Thank you... as I have been researching 40 and 41 for a 'fasting number' you may have an answer.

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste yajvan,

One maNDala duration is 41 days. Have you heard of the maNDala puja held at Sabarimala? That means your question as such remains unanswered. I cannot give an explanation on why the 41 - although I think it is connected with the siderial period of the moon. ( one and half times the lunar cycle?)

maNDala normally means a circle.
    He is the one on whom our hope depends. For if Hanuman survives, all we though dead are yet alive. But if his precious life be lost though living still we are but dead: He is our hope and sure relief -Jambavan (Yuddha Kanda. 74). Impossibility=Hanuman

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhavan View Post
    Namaste yajvan,

One maNDala duration is 41 days. Have you heard of the maNDala puja held at Sabarimala? That means your question as such remains unanswered. I cannot give an explanation on why the 41 - although I think it is connected with the siderial period of the moon. ( one and half times the lunar cycle?) maNDala normally means a circle.
    Namaste Madavan,
    Yes we are both in agreement on mandala i.e. circle, completion...
    My note on 10 was if I had to apply it to a number, I have been taught the number 10 and the logic thereof.

So, I have been researching a bit and still come up empty on any audit trial leading me to the number 40 or 41. Yet I have no doubts on applying mandala for the completion of the puja's in Sabarimala; yet find no root reason for 41 being associated with mandala.

If you have any interest on the association for 10, there is a post
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...77&postcount=6 that suggests the import of 10 with Purusha. Ten representing full-ness, completion hence associated with mandala.

Thank you for your help on this...if I find anything with '41' I will post it.

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Sorry about this- I have been feeling very down and depressed. I need purity quickly. I was on my 46th week when it happened- I don't want ever to have another relapse- I even felt minorly suicidal- or like torturing myself.
    Last edited by satay; 05 September 2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: edited by satay; inappropriate for HDF quality

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    I even felt minorly suicidal- or like torturing myself.

WHoA! Please talk to someone close to you and seek professional help.
    satay

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~

there are some things best unsaid...
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Post Re: Brahmacharya

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    WHoA! Please talk to someone close to you and seek professional help.
    Julian Lee.

Thread Information