Thread: One should not tolerate blasphemy and insults against Lord Visnu or His devotees

One should not tolerate blasphemy and insults against Lord Visnu or His devotees

Namaste all.
    I am not a Gaudiya-Vaishnava.I am a Sri vaishnava of Ramanuja-sampradaya.
    By the way,at http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/vada/debate.htm I found the following:
    "One should not at any time tolerate blasphemy and insults against Lord Visnu or His devotees. A devotee is generally very humble and meek, and he is reluctant to pick a quarrel with anyone. Nor does he envy anyone. However, a pure devotee immediately becomes fiery with anger when he sees that Lord Vishnu or His devotees is insulted. This is the duty of a devotee. Although a devotee maintains an attitude of meekness and gentleness, it is a great fault on his part if he remains silent when the Lord or His devotee is blasphemed."(24)

"One should be very meek and humble in his personal transactions, and if insulted a Vaisnava should be tolerant and not angry. But if there is blasphemy against one's guru or another Vaishnava, one should be as angry as fire. This was exhibited by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu."(25)...

I'd like to read comments about the things I posted.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Shouldn't anger be controlled? What does Bhagwan care if someone insults him? More importantly, are we mere mortals in a position to even get 'angry' about it?
    shouldn't we act like mature devotees and leave the offender in Bhagwan's hands instead of getting 'angry'?

:cool:
    satay

That's hard to say though. If someone keeps insulting Lord Vishnu then I might snap and say, "You are insulting God" or "Don't tell me your religion and mine is wrong when you have no proof of the matter".

Namaste all.
    I perfectly agree with the thing I posted.Lord Vishnu doesn't care if someone insults him,but He punishs someone that insults His devotees.So,it is my duty to be angry with someone insulting Lord Vishnu.
    Sriman Narayana may forgives who insults Him-self but He never forgivs who insults His devotees.If I remain silent when a vaishava is insulted,I also became an offender.So it is my duty to be angry with someone insulting a bhagavata.Please read http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto9/chapter4.html and http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto9/chapter5.html
    It is taled the story of Ambarīsha Mahārāja Offended by Durvāsā Muni

Regards,
    Orlando.

Thread Information