Thread: Something good...

Something good...

Namaste,
    I thought to start this thread for all of us to share something that you admire about other traditions/religions.

So say something nice and share what one thing you 'like' the most about other religions. You can share more than one if you would like.
    satay

Re: Something good...

I will start:

Christianity - I like a number of books written by christians. I notice that many christians write books on God's nature. I like that christianity teaches that it is not a religion but a 'relationship' with God. Some true christians I know are really quite blessed in this i.e. trying to know the nature of God and trying to build a nice relationship with God. A lot of literature, with a nice clean simple path and a connection to divine. Drop everything and just follow God. Couldn't be simpler than this.

Islam - I like the reverence with which muslims pray. I have seen them praying in major airports, universities, business centers without a hint of intimidation or embarrassment even though they were being stared at.

Buddhism – For its doctrine of karma and silence.
    satay

Islam : for the spirit of brotherhood ( among themselves).
    Sikhism: tolerance and strength.

Christianity - its simplicity which appeals to the masses.

Islam - highly disciplined movement and does not encourage any kind of 'laziness' in matters of religion.

Buddhism, Jainism - non violence

Within our own fold:

ISKCON - its simplicity akin to Christianity
    Vishistadvaita - its concept of SharaNAgati
    Dvaita - strong emphasis on logic and rationale. Dont believe without evidence attitude.(infact no fake 'godman' can dupe a dvaitin because they beleive only in god and no 'godmen')
    Advaita - universalism resulting in very few conflicts in the society.
    Shakta/Shaiva - broad outlook on religion with more emphasis on higher religeous disciplines like Yoga.
    He is the one on whom our hope depends. For if Hanuman survives, all we though dead are yet alive. But if his precious life be lost though living still we are but dead: He is our hope and sure relief -Jambavan (Yuddha Kanda. 74). Impossibility=Hanuman

Most religions other than Hinduism: the reverence given by the mass of followers to their core scriptures and the level of knowledge about them.

Christianity: their godhouses are kept neat and tidy; they do extensive religious research; (why is it that most scientists and other pioneers of worldly life are Christians and Jews? Or is it not so?)

Islam: commitment to prayer; propensity to increase their family population.
    Buddhism: Accomplishments of meditation by their Himalayan gurus;
    Jainism: non-violence

Vaishnavism: niyamas, rituals and pujas
    Saivism: devotion to Shiva
    Hindu groups such as ISKCON, Sai Baba devotees, etc.: they love their gurus and their teachings and have better direction in devotion and spirituality.

Ancient religions: the wisdom they displayed which is akin to that of Sanatana Dharma and is valid even today.

Thread Information