Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Superiority Complex?

Sattwa and Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste Sarabhanga,

Sattva literally means "being" or "existance" (derivation from "sat"), rajas means "energy" and tamas — "darkness".
    Namaskar Arjuna,

Param Brahman is termed as nirguna (whatever that may mean) in none other than Gita, whereas sattwa is a guna (among three: white, black, and red). The existence that is SAT is not sattwa and what is CID is not Cit. Sattwa and cit are in the domain of mind, though sattwa is truly the untainted primordial mind called aham.

I agrree with you (as per my learning) that Self is beyond sattwa, that is why it is said to be indescribable. Sat-Cid-Anand is one approximation using vac of that which is beyond vac .

Regards

Namah Shivayya

Sattwa and Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste Sarabhanga,

Sattva literally means "being" or "existance" (derivation from "sat"), rajas means "energy" and tamas — "darkness".
    Namaskar Arjuna,

Param Brahman is termed as nirguna (whatever that may mean) in none other than Gita, whereas sattwa is a guna (among three: white, black, and red). The existence that is SAT is not same as sattwa and what is CID is not same as Cit. Sattwa and cit are in the domain of mind, though sattwa is truly the untainted primordial mind called aham.

I agree with you (as per my learning) that Self is beyond sattwa, that is why it is said to be indescribable. Sat-Cid-Anand is one approximation of that which is beyond vac .

Regards

Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 08 May 2006 at 08:26 AM.

Thread Information