Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Superiority Complex?

Admin Note:

This message is to ramkish42 and other who may not be aware of this. Moderators and Administrators will often participate in discussions in addition to managing the forums. It is important not to confuse personal opinions in a thread discussion with a specific request by a moderator. When we make a specific request or annoncement, we will state that it is a moderator or admin note as one can see at the top of this post. If you don't see any such note then chances are it is just us participating in the discussion and our views should be treated just as if they were to come from any other user.

Additionally, this thread should be left on topic. The topic is about Vaishnava attitudes in general. It is not focused on one individual's views (i.e. Ramkish42). In other words, the thread was not started to accuse you of doing anything (Ramkish42). The purpose is to talk about these Vaishnava trends in general. We are not accusing anyone of anything.

Namaskaar. ~BYS~

Do you have any questions about the use of this website? If so, please send a private message to Bhakti Yoga Seeker or contact any of the other administrators on the website.

namaste,
    In ramkish's defence I should say that he was not saying that my post was directed at him (in post #2). He was referring to another member who I had edited the posts of earlier that day. That member got angry at that and sent me a PM telling me that advaita is a cancer and that he was trying to do surgery to cure this cancer. He also told me that he will not be posting here anymore (though I see one of his posts here today) and that he was going to create his own forum to uproot advaita which is a wrong philosophy as taught by his sect and gurus.

I thanked him for his pm and bade him good bye. I also told him that yes, he should open up his own forum to perform this type of 'surgery'. In pos #2 ramkish made a reference to that member and wrongly assumed that my op was due to the offending member pming me and appraently ramkish knows of the contents of the PM exchange between the offending member and myself.

Anyway, the matter is now cleard as the offending member has told us that he will not be posting here. I welcome such gesture in the name of dharma and in an effort to keep this site clean.

Again, there are tons of sites on the net where one can go and bash other sects, religions and people.

I refuse to allow this site to become of those sites. This is a place for hindus to discuss dharma in a positive manner.
    satay

Mamaste all.
    Satay,you wrote:"appraently ramkish knows of the contents of the PM exchange between the offending member and myself."
    Yes,Shri Ramkish42 does know about my pm because I told him about it.However he doesn't exactly know the concents of my p.m. to you.
    I will stop to engage in philosophical debate,althoug I don't accept to be called an "offender".
    When I was in hindunet I never won a philosophical debate against advaitin.I always miserabily failed.I am not still ready for this.
    For example how can I win a debate on Brahma-sutra against an advaitin when I must still read Shankara-Bhasya and Ramanuja-Bhasya?
    So,I will not engage in debate except about topics that I already know perfectly.
    And Bhakti Yoga Seeker,it is wrong that ISKCON's followers get angry when you show disagreement with Prabhupada.But if they try to convert him,it is only out of mercy,not because of sectarism.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

In my opinion, we should show respect to all schools and acharyas even if we don't agree with thier thesis or teachings. Doing otherwise is 'unhindu' in my opinion especially if your behaviour leaves a bad impression of your guru and sect.

I welcome you back to the forum.
    satay

Namaste Satay.
    Well,in my opinion the word Hinduism is too general.It means many religions.After all I don't recognize my-self as hindu.I recognize my-self as a Sri vaishnava of Ramanuja-sampradaya.
    I came back to this forum because a member's request.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    Namaste Satay.
    Well,in my opinion the word Hinduism is too general.It means many religions.After all I don't recognize my-self as hindu.I recognize my-self as a Sri vaishnava of Ramanuja-sampradaya.
    Regards,
    Orlando.
    namaste,
    in that case then please not that this is a "hindu" forum and not a vaishnava forum as such respect to "all" sects under the hindu umbrella is expected from all members of this site.
    satay

Namaste Satay.
    Regards,
    Orlando.
    That member was I

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    namaste,
    in that case then please not that this is a "hindu" forum and not a vaishnava forum as such respect to "all" sects under the hindu umbrella is expected from all members of this site.
    Namaste all.
    Your order will be executed.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

And Bhakti Yoga Seeker,it is wrong that ISKCON's followers get angry when you show disagreement with Prabhupada.But if they try to convert him,it is only out of mercy,not because of sectarism.
    Regards,
    Orlando.
    Some ISKCON followers do get angry, Bhakti Yoga Seeker is right.

And verily many of them have "superiority complex", think of Prabhupada's version of Gaudiya-vaishnavism as a standard not only of Vaishnavism but even of Vedic religion and denigrate other sampradayas without any proper knowledge of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Some ISKCON followers do get angry, Bhakti Yoga Seeker is right.

And verily many of them have "superiority complex", think of Prabhupada's version of Gaudiya-vaishnavism as a standard not only of Vaishnavism but even of Vedic religion and denigrate other sampradayas without any proper knowledge of those.
    Many months ago I did read the whole Bhagavad Gita as it is(Bhagavad-gita with commentary of Prabhupada) in italian language,my mother tongue.
    There is an english version at http://vedabase.net/bg/en
    Look at what Prabhupada says in the Introduction

By http://vedabase.net/bg/introduction/en

In this present day, people are very much eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion, and one occupation. Therefore, ekaḿ śāstraḿ devakī-putra-gītam: let there be one scripture only, one common scripture for the whole world — Bhagavad-gītā. Eko devo devakī-putra eva: let there be one God for the whole world — Śrī Kṛṣṇa. Eko mantras tasya nāmāni: and one hymn, one mantra, one prayer — the chanting of His name: Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare. Karmāpy ekaḿ tasya devasya sevā: and let there be one work only — the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Regards,
    Orlando.

Thread Information