Thread: Siddha Yoga

Jigar Guest

Siddha Yoga

Namaste,
    Active in this yoga, I am currently past stages II/III.
    Siddha Yoga is a spiritual path of discipline, of mastering the mind and senses with teachings and practices. It is also a path imbued with grace. Siddha Yoga practice and study is guided by meditation. It teaches students to live in the awareness of the inner Self so that they can Transform themselves as well as the world in which they live. "Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.” Siddha Yoga practice begins with spiritual initiation, shaktipat diksha. Through the Siddha Yoga master's grace and the student's own steady effort, students realize the divinity within themselves and in the world around them. The Siddha Yoga path is accessible, engaging, and directly applicable to the challenges and opportunities of modern life. The Siddha Yoga teachings are protected, preserved, and disseminated by the SYDA Foundation, a not–for–profit organization. The SYDA Foundation makes these teachings available to students around the world and preserves them as a legacy for future generations.
    Maste nam,
    Jigar
    Last edited by Jigar; 10 September 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Re: Siddha Yoga

Namaste Jigar,

I was at one time a member of Siddha Yoga. I found the writings of Swami Muktananda to be very helpful.

Siddha Yoga's rendering of the Jananeshwari is also very good.

But I eventually found the organization to be a superficial watered down to western new age concepts version of Hinduism whose goal seems to be more financial than spiritual.

Further, the members tend to deify Gurumayi. There are some unsavoury issues between Swami Chidvilasananda and her twin brother Swami Nityananda.

Pranam,

Devi

Re: Siddha Yoga

Namaste,

It seems that everyhting happening with "siddha-yoga" after Muktananda is mere profanation. Even Muktananda's teaching cannot be regarded as authentic Kashmir Shaivism, though he himself for sure was not a businessman like Chidvilasananda, Nityananda and Rudrananda...

Thread Information