Thread: Siva in Washinton D.C.

Siva in Washinton D.C.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,
    I often look to Washington DC and look at the Washington monument.
    It is Siva Lingam. The similarities to George Washington are attractive to consider.

Siva is the 'auspicious' and the Father of all this Creation. Washington was the Father of the United States. Washington was the first President of the United States. Siva is the 1st without a second.

This Washington Monument [Lingam] is a structure of stone i.e. marble, granite and sandstone. It is not framed or built around metal - as Siva Lingams are solid stone, marble, some solid crystal, some all Jade, all metal, gold, silver and the like.

The lingam was built as a memorial to Washington, which marked the 100th anniversary of Washington's birth …the Number 100 stands for fullness, Bhuma, Brahman =Siva. When we have 10 multiplied, 10 is the symbol for Absolute + Relative e.g. the 10 fingers wide of Purusha.
    So 10 X10 = 100 , another way of doubling the auspiciousness. Same with 1,000 or 10x10x10. [ See this HDF post for insights: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13877&postcount=6 ]

37 acres was designated for the monument 3+7=10 and 10 is another number for the Relative and Absolute: Niguna Brahman + Saguna Brahman.

The height of the Monolith or obelisk or lingam is a four-sided pillar that tapers as it rises 555 feet. Note there are 555 sutras in the Brahma Sutras that describe the Fullness of Brahman and this Lingam is 4 sided… there are 4 canto's or Adhyaya to the Brahama Sutras. Also 4 in Jyotish is a Moksha house; 4 is Chaturthi tithi - owned by Ganesha, son of Siva.

The design of the total height was to = 555.555 ft. so if we add these up we get 5+5+5+5+5+5 = 30 or 3+0=3. 3 = tri-murti of Siva+Visnu+Brahma or Fullness.

The Lingam is 10 times higher then its width. Here we have 10 again. And the sides where designed to 55 ft ( 5+5=10) or fullness on all sides.
    Now the builders were in tolerance as the sides can out from 55 ft. 1/16 inch to 55 ft 1 3/8 inch. Or a maximum error of 1/10 of 1%.

The total weight = 90,854 Tons ( 9+0+8+5+4 = 26= 2+6) =8; 8th tithi is Ashtami owned by Siva; 8 in Jyotish is a moksha house of Liberation, as is the 4th house; Siva as as the sadhu and Jagad guru, Maheshvara.

The Lingam is in Washington DC - The USA's east coast. East, a most auspicious direction - owned by Surya, Siva. The 4 faces are in the cardinal directions E-W-N-S. In Jyotish this would be the Kendra's and IMHO gains dig bala ( directional strength).

Coincidence or Blessings of Siva given to the United States?

Nama Sivaya; Hara Hara Mahadeva
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yajvan; 13 September 2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: nama sivaya
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Siva in Washinton D.C.

Namaste Yajvan,
    Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    I often look to Washington DC and look at the Washington monument. It is Siva Lingam. The similarities to George Washington are attractive to consider.

Coincidence or Blessings of Siva given to the United States?

Nama Sivaya; Hara Hara Mahadeva
    An interesting theory! The Washington monument was modeled after the obelisks of ancient Egypt including its proportions (except on a much larger scale than the Egyptian ones). I wonder if the ancient obelisks were also representational Lingas. Some of these Egyptian obelisks now adorn many European cities, particularly Rome. Its worth noting that in the center of St. Peter's Square in the Vatican is an Egyptian obelisk fitted with a cross on top.

Aum Namah Shivaya.
    A.

Hari Om
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Namaste Yajvan,

An interesting theory! The Washington monument was modeled after the obelisks of ancient Egypt including its proportions (except on a much larger scale than the Egyptian ones). I wonder if the ancient obelisks were also representational Lingas. Some of these Egyptian obelisks now adorn many European cities, particularly Rome. Its worth noting that in the center of St. Peter's Square in the Vatican is an Egyptian obelisk fitted with a cross on top. Aum Namah Shivaya.
    A.
    Namaste A,
    Yes, the proportions do go to Egypt. And many of the pyramids also align celestially.
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/lea.tedder/OKAD/sky2475.htm

Back then society was so much more aligned with the universe... I hope we all return soon.

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

I personally don't think that the Washington monument was constructed along Hindu lines intentionally, but it may have been unintentionally as is sometimes the Lord's way. He does work in mysterious ways. I wonder about the mental state of the main planner/builder, and whether or not he had an eastern leaning, as then it would be less of a mystery to me, being that the Lord would be able to infiltrate the designer's mind more easily, even without him knowing it.
    Having said that, anything physical that reminds us of Siva is a good thing. I love driving through silo country, as I see the definite shape, and see the Lingam all over the countryside, reminding me of the presence of God everywhere. Its something like the smell of incense, it triggers a subconscious thought. Aum Namashivaya

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I personally don't think that the Washington monument was constructed along Hindu lines intentionally, but it may have been unintentionally as is sometimes the Lord's way. He does work in mysterious ways.
    Namaste EM,

a good observation... the 'innocence' here of the ligam is the blessing.

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information