Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Incarnation of Shiva

Re: Incarnation of Shiva

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Within kaśmir śaivism we are informed that the ṛiṣi durvāsā received knowledge of bhairava tantra from śrikaṇṭhanathā, an incarnation of śiva Himself.
    Accordingly durvāsā ṛiṣi was instructed by śrikaṇṭhanathā to expand the thought of bhairava tantra in all the universe with no restriction to varna or jāti, male or female.

There are many more incarnations and will leave them for another time.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Mostly by people who depend on the mythical babaji brand for their spiritual business. Generally those whose lineage don't go back beyond one-two persons need babaji's divine help to legitimize their lineage and the business of spirituality. This has been my observation.

As far as Babaji is concerned, his "messages" are too mundane and very ordinary, and all too familiar 19th century watered down hindu universal-ism, not worth the magnum effort of living for thousands of years, if you ask me.
    Some may not like his messages,or find them `too trivial`,but if you ask me,Babaji is one in ten-thousand so called `saints` in India.
    He had the energy,he had the presence,and he transformed many.

SadaShiva himself,is also said to have incarnated about 5,000 years ago.
    He left behind many teachings and is held in highest respect by Aghoric Tantrics and others.

See this

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Though the idea of avatars of Lord Shiva and the very concept of avatarhood is rejected by all Shaiva Acharyas,thete are many legends about avatars of lord Shiva,though most of them are not mentioned in the puranas or itihasas and even the mentions that are aldredy there are generally considered spurious.

I am presenting some pictures of various supposed avatars of the Lord here as the quesstion of whether Shiva incarnates or not has been asked many times but no one has mentioned these avatars.

Khandaka-Killed the demons Mani and Malla
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Khandoba.jpg

Mahadeshwara-Defeated Shravanasura
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7672655_n.jpg

Sharabha-Fought with and defeated Lord Vishnu's Narasimha and Varaha forms
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...m_Sharabha.jpg
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

namaste

If there were a real distinction between an avatar of Sri Shiva as compared to an avatar of Sri Vishnu
    and we were convinced that we could accurately identify them both, would we regard any differently one
    which we believed to be an avatar of Sri Shiva from one which we believed to be an avatar of Sri Vishnu?

Based upon my reading of the Bhagavat Purana the way to peace is to not see them differently and
    therefore I conclude that it would seem more appropriate to speak of the concept of avatar in and of itself
    without separating into categories such as 'of Shiva' or 'of Vishnu', etc. Approached thus the pertinent
    question would be how to distinguish a genuine avatar from one that is not.

Hari Aum

(50)The Supreme Lord [Vishnu] said: 'I, Brahmâ and also Lord S'iva, do not differ [essentially] in being the supreme cause and Supersoul, the witness and the self-sufficient one of the material manifestation.(51)I, having entered my own external energy that is composed of the modes of nature oh twice-born one, [thus] create, maintain and annihilate the cosmic manifestation and assume a name appropriate to My activities.(52) Someone not conversant with this thinks that Brahmâ, S'iva and the living beings exist in separation and departs [impersonally in disregard of Me] from the notion of the one Supreme Self, the Supreme Brahman that is without a second. (53)The way a person never supposes that his head, hands and other parts of his body would have a separate existence, My devotee neither supposes that the living beings would exist separately.(54)He who does not consider the three [of Us] who constitute the one nature of the Supersoul of all living beings as separate [entities] oh brahmin, achieves peace.'

With our ears may we hear what is good.
    With our eyes may we behold thy righteousness.
    Tranquil in body, may we who worship thee find rest.

AUM Peace Peace Peace

I think here in human world , become different just like the different of Sampradaya or lineage. So in the system and method , peoples will talk same thing in different way, because people already deluded. And will be confused without these difference

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

hi,
    i don't know that whether i am god or not,but i believe that human soul contains god and devil both. It is on your choice wat u want to be. Vidya is not the part of god or devil. So,wat are the percentage we are increasing?
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

Anyone who becomes enlightened becomes an incarnation of Siva.

Namaste all,

I have read about 19 incarnation of lord shiva.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Thread Information