Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

Re: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    How have people here been able to remember their past lives? What good comes out of it? How does one confirm that it was true? Have you verified by going back to historic records in the home town etc.?
    Hi satay,
    I have had one very powerful past life recall and it was not anything like I would have expected it to be. I have been unable to verify it, as I do not know the name of the person in question, when she lived and died or the exact location of where she lived.

The biggest surprise was not that I was a woman (I'm a man now) but the kind of person she was. Whereas I tend to be very relaxed, a little lazy and prone to sensuality, she was quite the opposite; focussed, disciplined and exacting - the sort of person who would not tolerate someone like me.

This came as a massive shock. Until I experienced this recall I had always kept an open mind but had assumed that any past incarnations (regardless of race or gender) would be in some way 'me'. This was not the case.

The experience served to illustrate the extent of what we abandon through death. Of course we get a new body, name etc. but it goes much deeper than that. Each life is like a self-contained pearl on an invisible string.

You are merely one custodian of a process and the invisible thread is no more your property than it is any other past or future incarnation's.

That was, for me, the fruit of this experience. I don't feel the need to know of more past lives - that event taught me what I needed.

Fishing around for more than that would be (for me at least) indulging in my ego.

Namaste

Re: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

Quote Originally Posted by soham3 View Post
    Buddha uplifted whole humanity after he recollected his past births. He became wiser enough to guide his followers.
    Once you discard your physical body, physical plane loses much of its significance.
    *physics* is a concept, a science. It is not a place you go to...the physics of *wherever* you are talking about may be revealed. If not to us, perhaps to supreme absolute. This does not mean it is not *physical*

Leave division to heaven and hell, if you like, it's little good to us except as a reminder that, for example, fish and man may be divided by water, but they are all one.
    Om Hrim Kshraum Ugram Veeram Maha-Vishnum, Jwalantham Sarvatho Mukham Nrisimham Bheeshanam Bhadram Mrityu-Mrityum Namaamyaham

Follower of Śeṣanaaga

Thread Information