Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

The Indian enlightened master, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (founder of the 'Art of Living' foundation) has created a technique called the 'Eternity Process' , a meditation technique through which one is able to remember the memories of one's past lives stored in the subconscious mind. Many of my friends and others have gone through this technique , and in the process , have realised the memories of their previous births.

The Indian religions believe in the theory of karma or 'cause and effect'. This theory finds ample expression in the fact that those who have gone through the 'Eternity Process ' found that their inborn ,innate talents can be traced back to training in a previous birth.

Another fascinating thing is that most of them found themselves to be born in other countries as well, and other races, religions and cultures.

This technique is getting increasingly popular, and according to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar , it is now being practiced in a few psychiatric clinics as well.

In order to do this technique , one ought to contact the nearest 'Art of Living ' centre and get in touch with an 'Art of Living ' teacher trained in this technique.One ought to be 21 years of age to do this technique.

All my friends , who have done this technique, found it to be very interesting and illuminating. I wish you the same.
    You yourself are your only friend. You yourself are your only enemy.

---Krishna ( Bhagavad Gita )

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

No man should be unmanned by the magnitude of any task.

--- Tiruvalluvar ( Thirukkural )

Re: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,
    yes, this was a post some months back... you may want to look around/research it on HDF, and you can view the respsonses. And it looks like Y [yudhamanyu] , that you were the author of this post March 21, 2007:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...78&postcount=1
    Last edited by yajvan; 11 October 2007 at 08:52 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Yup, I had written it .

Thanks for showing it again, pardner.

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

I was thinking of doing the same, as at least it sounds fun.

However it seems I need to complete basic and advanced art of living courses to try this along of some minimum practice requirements. This means re-molding myself into Art of Living way of thinking. That is not possible

Yudhamanyu, have you done these course yourself? How did it help you?
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    I was thinking of doing the same, as at least it sounds fun.

However it seems I need to complete basic and advanced art of living courses to try this along of some minimum practice requirements. This means re-molding myself into Art of Living way of thinking. That is not possible

Yudhamanyu, have you done these course yourself? How did it help you?
    I know my past life through an another method and it helped to clear some loopholes in my life like the source of my talents , likes , dislikes , inclinations , and certain particular events in my life.

I will be doing the Eternity Process as well, when I get the time , to get more info.

I have spoken to many of my friends ( Indian and foreign ) about their experiences with the eternity process , when I was a student, a few years back.

They too, like the way I stated above, found the source of their inclinations, talents, likes , dislikes and stuff.

It was really romantic when I talked to them about their past lives and learning about it. There was a sense of adventure in it because you were going into unchartered and mysterious territory.

Some of them were in different nations, cultures , religions and professions in their previous births.

Some of them were of the opposite sex.

And for some , their memories was too personal for them to relate to me, and since i respected their privacy, I didn't insist on knowing it , but left it at that.

From what I have learnt, the memories of our previous births are there within our subconscious minds, and this affects our inclinations, likes and dislikes in this birth as well .

From the data I collected , I got to understand a lot about the mechanics of the mind and the subconscious and about other dimensions of life as well.

You have to do these minimum practice requirements, as it will help you to develop a strong , steady and calm mind , through which you can do the eternity process.

This, I believe , is of importance, as you may have to go through some painful and shocking memories of your previous lives memories, and a calm and steady mind can help absorb the shock of it , without any damage at all.

---Buddha

---Swami Vivekananda

I too know my one immediate past life, and the past lives of each of my 5 children, as I recall how we 'picked them up' off the other side. But this is my question. How actually helpful is it? We still have to live in the now. The past is the past, and yes, we can learn from past mistakes not to do them again, but do those kind of details flow from past life knowledge? Well, not for me at least. I only get generalities like who I was, not how I thought, or samskaras from then. I'm personally not sure if its anything more than trivia. I don't believe in fate, as with will power, you can change the future. Aum namasivaya Just a thought, not a negative comment to try to stop or limit this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I too know my one immediate past life, and the past lives of each of my 5 children, as I recall how we 'picked them up' off the other side. But this is my question. How actually helpful is it? We still have to live in the now. The past is the past, and yes, we can learn from past mistakes not to do them again, but do those kind of details flow from past life knowledge? Well, not for me at least. I only get generalities like who I was, not how I thought, or samskaras from then. I'm personally not sure if its anything more than trivia. I don't believe in fate, as with will power, you can change the future. Aum namasivaya Just a thought, not a negative comment to try to stop or limit this discussion.
    Namaste EM,

Your posts carry wisdom.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

I too know my one immediate past life, and the past lives of each of my 5 children, as I recall how we 'picked them up' off the other side. But this is my question. How actually helpful is it?
    Well, it helped me a lot and also my friends as well.

It was quite interesting knowing about yourself . In fact I want to know more know , as I am able to get a lot of knowledge on the working of the mind and subconscious from it. This psychological data helps me a lot.

We still have to live in the now. The past is the past, and yes, we can learn from past mistakes not to do them again, but do those kind of details flow from past life knowledge?
    What does knowing about previous lives conflicts with our living in the present.

I live in the present deeply and with enthusiasm and passion. So does all my friends. This perhaps, has to do with our yogic training and satsang as well.

It does not in any way prevent us from living in the past, as you erroneously put it.

The past is the past, and yes, we can learn from past mistakes not to do them again, but do those kind of details flow from past life knowledge?

Trust me . It has helped me in getting rid of a dominating negative habit of mine.

It has also helped me in knowing about myself .

And knowledge about oneself is very essential, especially ones strengths and weaknesses and mistakes, so that we can keep on learning and improving and moving forward.

Learning from mistakes helps us to achieve perfection. And these mistakes can be of our present life and our past lives as well.

---Buddha

---Swami Vivekananda

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,

Many births have passed for Me and for you also, O Arjuna. I know them all but you know them not, O scorcher of enemies.

Bhagavad gita 4.4

I had the opportunity to talk with a sadhu who remembered the in-between time. That is, left this body, and before entering a new body or taking ones next assignment.

There are calculations in jyotish that indicate how long this in between time may occur. From days ( ruled by the moon) to years - I think the longest time is 9 years.

The departing of this world is indicated by the 12th house - one of endings. Pending ones punya (merit) , the next destination. One casts or erects a chart for the time of death of the individual ( Punya chakra) and the experienced Joytishi can can view the station indicated by the chart.

Now that said, one can take a look at a birth chart, janma kundali and look at the Drekkana varga chart. From there the Joytishi can see the last station the native came from. Drekkana is a 1/3rd divisional chart.
    Pending the graha that is ruling a particular drekkana ( per the joytish rules) , the tattva of the planet indicates the last station (sthanas):
    Akasha - Brahma loka to Maha loka and was amoung the saints and sages
    Jala - Gandarva and devata (asparas, siddhas, kimpurusa, etc)
    Agni - Bhu Loka ( you left, and came back to earth)
    Vayu - one of the seven talas
    prthvi - narka loka

So, when looks at a chart, one rejoices when they see Akasha or Jala indicated. Yet we are back to this earth to try again. Others are concerned when vayu or prthvi are indicated. Yet one must look at it that they graduated and are back to Bhu loka to give it another try.

What does one take with them? Those subtle impressions of vasanas. your blue print of past impressions.

How many times this cycle goes I do not know... how many times back and forth ? For me, I wish to get off the bus! and not have to keep on doing this again and again. So , one practices their sadhana and looks for the grace from Him to assist.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Now that said, one can take a look at a birth chart, janma kundali and look at the Drekkana varga chart. From there the Joytishi can see the last station the native came from. Drekkana is a 1/3rd divisional chart.
    Pending the graha that is ruling a particular drekkana ( per the joytish rules) , the tattva of the planet indicates the last station (sthanas):
    Namaste Yajvan,

Do you mean to say we must consider the lagna lord of the drekkana chart, and subsequently its tattva? If the lagna lord of d-3 chart is mars, then it must be bhu tattva, is that it? Or, am I not understanding you properly?

Suresh

Thread Information