Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

Re: REMEMBERING YOUR PAST LIVES

Quote Originally Posted by yudhamanyu View Post
    Well, it helped me a lot and also my friends as well.

It was quite interesting knowing about yourself . In fact I want to know more know , as I am able to get a lot of knowledge on the working of the mind and subconscious from it. This psychological data helps me a lot.

What does knowing about previous lives conflicts with our living in the present.

I live in the present deeply and with enthusiasm and passion. So does all my friends. This perhaps, has to do with our yogic training and satsang as well.

It does not in any way prevent us from living in the past, as you erroneously put it.

Trust me . It has helped me in getting rid of a dominating negative habit of mine.

It has also helped me in knowing about myself .

And knowledge about oneself is very essential, especially ones strengths and weaknesses and mistakes, so that we can keep on learning and improving and moving forward.

Learning from mistakes helps us to achieve perfection. And these mistakes can be of our present life and our past lives as well.
    I don't disagree with you. Obviously you were able to remember more details than me, particularly the dominating negative habit. It doesn't conflict at all with living in the present, unless you become focussed on the past. I think all of us by doing sadhana learn to forgive and forget. My 'living in the past referred' was meant as the negative memories we hold. I recall the story of the two wandering ascetics who were trained to not touch others, especially women. One of them, upon coming up to a stream, saw a young girl who was too small to wade across, so broke his vows and picked her up and carried her across. About two weeks later, his brother monk finally confessed, "I just can't believe you did that," in an admonishing way. The first monk replied, "What? I left her there at the other side of the stream. You just carried her for two weeks." The story illustrates what I meant about dwelling in the past. Recalling, well that's a whole new story. If it's useful for the present, well then that's a good thing. Aum Namasivaya

Namaskar,

You have to do these minimum practice requirements, as it will help you to develop a strong , steady and calm mind , through which you can do the eternity process.

This, I believe , is of importance, as you may have to go through some painful and shocking memories of your previous lives memories, and a calm and steady mind can help absorb the shock of it , without any damage at all.
    Perhaps the "enlightened" master ravi should over these courses free so that everyone can afford to know their past life if they wish.

Collecting donkey's food (i.e. money) doesn't make him look very enlightened. Those who crave donkeys food can not be enlightened in my opinion.
    satay

How have people here been able to remember their past lives? What good comes out of it? How does one confirm that it was true? Have you verified by going back to historic records in the home town etc.?

Not questioning the truth of reincarnation just questioning the bogus practices of enlightened masters.
    satay

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post
    Namaste Yajvan,

Do you mean to say we must consider the lagna lord of the drekkana chart, and subsequently its tattva? If the lagna lord of d-3 chart is mars, then it must be bhu tattva, is that it? Or, am I not understanding you properly? Suresh
    Namaste suresh,
    A good question. The Drekkana ( pronounced Dreshkana) is of great import. Also note there are few ways of errecting a 1/3rd hart, that of Parivrittitraya and that of Somanath. and that of Prasara Drekkana which takes the trines from the sign itself that is being calulated, and then there is Jagannath Drekkana.
    So, this post will not be one of Drekkana creation, but wanted to let you know there are differnt views on this matter.

Lets answer your question directly
    • Look to the natal chart and the placement of surya and chandra...
    • Based upon the lagna ( as ones birth of the body indicator), which graha is stonger, Sun or Moon. Surya and Chandra bring the body and mind together in this earth, into the lagna.
    • Now that you know the stonger of the 2 grahas which Drekkana , the 1st 10°, 2nd or 3rd 10° segment of the sign, does that graha reside in?
    • If one creates the Drekkana chart, using risi Parasara's method, Look to the Lagna of the D3 chart. Where does the stronger graha reside? Who owns that division? By now this should be a rasi or bhava placement of the grahas that the sun is in or moon? Is it Mars? Jupiter? Venus? Saturn or Mercury?
    • Each Graha is associated with a tattva correct? That tattva then tells you the last station the native was in.
    Lets take an example of a native with the Moon in Rohini and Taurus in the 7th house. Sun is in the 9th house. Both good placements. Yet Moon is Mooltrikona position and is stonger then the sun.

Moon is 16° Taurus or the 2nd drekkana of this sign. So the Parashara rule is, grahas in Taurus, in the 2nd Drekkana = being placed in the D3 chart in Virgo. This is Parasha's rule that is beautiful, the placement of grahas from its rasi sign to its drekkana is 1st, 5th or 9th from the house the graha resides in.

So, Moon is in Virgo in the D3 chart. Who owns Virgo? Mercury.
    Mercury indicated prthvi tattva. This native's last station was in narka loka.

There is also rule that says , in terms of strenth, the graha that is well placed and has more planets associated with it, it also is strong. This is the evaluation for the sun. This native has the sun assocated/conjunct with 3 other grahas, and one of them is the Atmakaraka. So when then needs to look to the sun's drekkana just to have a dual opinion on this last station.

The sun in Cancer and is in the 1st drekkana or 1st 10° of this sign. Hence in the D3 chart, it then resides in Cancer ( again Parashara's rules here). So who owns Cancer? Chandra. And what tattva is associated with Moon? Apa or jala, fluid tattva. This suggests that the natives last station was that of the gandarva, kinnaras, apsaras, siddhas.

So how to break the code here ? It goes by the stonger position of the Sun and moon. And there are specific rules. Yet a exalted graha wins.
    Moon in Rohini/Taurus is exalted~moolatrikona~ position and hence, IMHO the last station for this native was naraka loka...And congratulations to this native ,as s/he is now back to bhu loka and working out the next set of karma baggage to move forward.

But what did this person die from? Look to the drekkana owned by Saturn (Yama). Each tattva brings a dis-ease, yes?
    Sun - heavy fevers
    Moon - water issues, swelling, fuild in the lungs, etc.
    Mars - tejas and fire - perhaps firearms, or conflagration
    Where Rahu is included with the graha you may deduce foul play.
    Ketu - a mystery in death, as ketu takes this role [ no head graha]
    etc. etc.

Hope this helps.... Note this knowledge is that of the tradition, of the parampara. I know nothing and remain the sisya & WIP.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaskar,

Perhaps the "enlightened" master ravi should over these courses free so that everyone can afford to know their past life if they wish.
    And why should he do that. Does anyone gives him free money needed to alleviate the poverty and iliteracy and other social problems in India !!!

Not at all.

He created these techniques ,and charges money for it, so that he can use these resources to fund his projects aimed at eradicating poverty, illiteracy , for creating homes for homeless people, starting schools, colleges, educational institutions,orphanages,hospitals for the underprivileged.

I don't find anything wrong in his collecting money through exercising his own manhood and using them to help people , like a true karma yogi.

Millions of people in India and all around the world are living a better and happier lives because of his manful exertions.

Collecting donkey's food (i.e. money) doesn't make him look very enlightened. Those who crave donkeys food can not be enlightened in my opinion.
    Well, I earn a living, and I never looked at my money earned as 'donkeys food ' , though you may find yours as ' donkeys food.'

I guess everyone has different perspectives on everything .

After all variety is the spice of life.
    Last edited by yudhamanyu; 13 October 2007 at 12:10 PM.
    You yourself are your only friend. You yourself are your only enemy.

---Krishna ( Bhagavad Gita )

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

No man should be unmanned by the magnitude of any task.

--- Tiruvalluvar ( Thirukkural )

How have people here been able to remember their past lives? What good comes out of it? .
    I have already mentioned the good that comes out of it.

How does one confirm that it was true? Have you verified by going back to historic records in the home town etc.?.
    Well, my past life was in a different region altogether and I had never been there in my present life.

How does one confirm that it was true?.
    That u will get to know when you do the process yourself,satay.

Not questioning the truth of reincarnation just questioning the bogus practices of enlightened masters.
    Great minds have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

---- Albert Einstein

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste suresh,
    A good question. The Drekkana ( pronounced Dreshkana) is of great import. Also note there are few ways of errecting a 1/3rd hart, that of Parivrittitraya and that of Somanath. and that of Prasara Drekkana which takes the trines from the sign itself that is being calulated, and then there is Jagannath Drekkana.
    So, this post will not be one of Drekkana creation, but wanted to let you know there are differnt views on this matter.

Lets answer your question directly
    • Look to the natal chart and the placement of surya and chandra...
    • Based upon the lagna ( as ones birth of the body indicator), which graha is stonger, Sun or Moon. Surya and Chandra bring the body and mind together in this earth, into the lagna.
    • Now that you know the stonger of the 2 grahas which Drekkana , the 1st 10, 2nd or 3rd 10 segment of the sign, does that graha reside in?
    • If one creates the Drekkana chart, using risi Parasara's method, Look to the Lagna of the D3 chart. Where does the stronger graha reside? Who owns that division? By now this should be a rasi or bhava placement of the grahas that the sun is in or moon? Is it Mars? Jupiter? Venus? Saturn or Mercury?
    • Each Graha is associated with a tattva correct? That tattva then tells you the last station the native was in.
    Lets take an example of a native with the Moon in Rohini and Taurus in the 7th house. Sun is in the 9th house. Both good placements. Yet Moon is Mooltrikona position and is stonger then the sun.

Moon is 16 Taurus or the 2nd drekkana of this sign. So the Parashara rule is, grahas in Taurus, in the 2nd Drekkana = being placed in the D3 chart in Virgo. This is Parasha's rule that is beautiful, the placement of grahas from its rasi sign to its drekkana is 1st, 5th or 9th from the house the graha resides in.

So, Moon is in Virgo in the D3 chart. Who owns Virgo? Mercury.
    Mercury indicated prthvi tattva. This native's last station was in narka loka.
    Namaskar Yajvan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, but since I am a novice and perhaps too slow to understand all this, let me work it out, so you can see if I am correct. Hope it's ok with you.

In the given rasi chart, moon is stronger than the sun, moon being the amatyakaraka and placed in lagna. In my software, it shows moon: 20 pi 24' 37.15", so I guess it's 20 degrees, which means I should go five places from the moon's position in the rasi chart. So that makes moon's placement in cancer in the d-3. Since moon owns this sign, the last station must be swarga? Or, do we go 9 places due to 20 degrees, in which case we'll get scorpio. Mars being the lord, last station must be bhu.

Please let me know if this is correct, it's quite confusing.

Also, I tried to use jaganath drekkana, where moon is in pisces, sign owned by Ju. And in the rasi chart, Ju is placed in gemini owned by mercury, so last station must've been naraka!

Both methods give diff. results. Like some opinion on this, if you don't mind.

TIA,
    Suresh

basically, you didn't answer any of my serious questions. I don't why that is.

That u will get to know when you do the process yourself,satay.
    if you are here to only paddle ravi's courses, I will have redirect you out of HDF. Read the site rules.
    satay

basically, you didn't answer any of my serious questions. I don't why that is.
    And what are your 'serious ' questions.

if you are here to only paddle ravi's courses, I will have redirect you out of HDF. Read the site rules.
    You keep on stating a Hindu enlightened master like Sri Sri Ravi Shankar revered and loved by millions , with a derogatory 'ravi ' in spite of my subtle requests not to do so.

Who will redirect you out of that ,especially when u yourself are the moderator.

And I am not here to showcase the "eternity process " which is gaining in popularity and fame in India very fast.

There are other processes as well, through which one can learn about ones past lives.

You can go through them as well. I meant them too in my statement.

---Buddha

---Swami Vivekananda

And what are your 'serious ' questions.
    Pls read my previous posts and this time don't try to avoid the quesions.

You keep on stating a Hindu enlightened master like Sri Sri Ravi Shankar revered and loved by millions , with a derogatory 'ravi ' in spite of my subtle requests not to do so.
    Ravi puts his pants just like the rest of us; one leg at a time...

Who will redirect you out of that ,especially when u yourself are the moderator.
    huh?
    satay

Thread Information