Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravi Shankar - AOL

Re: Yudhamanyu Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by yudhamanyu View Post
    However I would like to know what forum rules are there for censuring and disciplining someone who vilifies popular Hindu spiritual masters.
    Namste yudhamanyu,

Is Art of Living registered as a hindu organization ??

As for ravi shankar, people will have varying opinion on a public figure and for various reasons. One cannot just say, they are not entitled to such opinion.

Though promotion of ravi shankar may be against site rules, a proper debate on ravi shankar is probably not. Since he is influential person is a certain section of the hindu community, it makes sense to debate the values he teaches to them.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: Yudhamanyu: Site rules

Namaste yudhamanyu,

What indeed are the forum rules to prevent someone, especially the 'moderator ' , from disparaging and insulting hindu spiritual masters and hinduism, and creating a very disturbing example.
    Is ravi a 'hindu' spiritual master?
    satay

Namaste singhi,

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Namste yudhamanyu,

Is Art of Living registered as a hindu organization ??
    That doesn't make ravi a hindu spiritual master, espeically when he himself says that he is universalist.
    satay

Namaste Yudhamanyu,

Can you please provide a list of services provided by AOL foundation for the benefit of society. I understand that they have helped millions ~ but I want to understand in what way.

Many people criticize Satya Sai Baba as well for same reasons, however if we bechmark him against "seva" works done by his organization, it is indeed quite staggering. I know persons who got cured of most complicated illness in Baba's state of the art hospitals without a penny being spared. Same treatment in modern hospitals would have made them beggars in indian streets.

Can u provide us some details of similar work done by AOL foundation ??
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

And I would like to know 'what' makes him an 'enlightened' man.

The good points I see since I have been reading up on him this weekend are:

- Helping poor by collecting money from sales of merchendise
    - Spreading name of india as a 'spiritual land' in the meda

No where he says that he is a hindu leader, though I guess we can just assume that even though he 'believes in all religions'.

I think that people like him are good for india in general because they bring good sort of attention to India in the media. All such gurus need good marketing scheme to promote themselves, their merchandise etc. Not a bad thing in my view. Any good business should do that.

But what does enlightenment got to do with all of this?
    satay

Re: Yudhamanyu: Site rules

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste yudhamanyu,

Is ravi a 'hindu' spiritual master?

Well , he is of hindu origin , and I don't know whether he has converted to other religions.

In my information he is still a hindu. And he is also enlightened as well.

And in his courses, he indeed teaches the wisdom of hinduism , along with pranayama and yoga, meditation and love.

His centres also take classes in the Ashtavakra Gita, Naradas Bhakti Sutras and conducts hindu bhajans every week.

Hope pranayam and yoga and bhajans and love are still valid in hinduism according to you!!!
    You yourself are your only friend. You yourself are your only enemy.

---Krishna ( Bhagavad Gita )

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

No man should be unmanned by the magnitude of any task.

--- Tiruvalluvar ( Thirukkural )

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Namaste Yudhamanyu,

Can you please provide a list of services provided by AOL foundation for the benefit of society. I understand that they have helped millions ~ but I want to understand in what way.

Many people criticize Satya Sai Baba as well for same reasons, however if we bechmark him against "seva" works done by his organization, it is indeed quite staggering. I know persons who got cured of most complicated illness in Baba's state of the art hospitals without a penny being spared. Same treatment in modern hospitals would have made them beggars in indian streets.

Can u provide us some details of similar work done by AOL foundation ??
    Well, pal, I provided the info ,but Satay tragically deleted it ,saying that he is against all 'business. '

Since when did helping starving ,illiterate and diseased people free of cost, have become a 'business ', i do not know.

Perhaps this is the sport of the kali yuga, that we have to hear such stuff.
    You yourself are your only friend. You yourself are your only enemy.

---Krishna ( Bhagavad Gita )

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

No man should be unmanned by the magnitude of any task.

--- Tiruvalluvar ( Thirukkural )

Well, pal, I provided the info ,but Satay tragically deleted it ,saying that he is against all 'business. '

Since when did helping starving ,illiterate and diseased people free of cost, have become a 'business ', i do not know.

Perhaps this is the sport of the kali yuga, that we have to hear such stuff.
    Links you posted were to wiki articles about ravi and not about his business.

Please provide the info that singhi is asking for.
    satay

Re: Yudhamanyu discussion on tanget

No where on Ravi's site it says that he is hindu, working for the cause of Hindu people. In fact, he has been saying repeatedly that he believes in all religions that shows that he is a universalist.

I have no problems with these show gurus because it brings India and Indians to the forefront in the media. Normally, these types of gurus have to hide behind generalities and universalism in order to not get labled 'hindutva' and to promote their business.

The more I read about ravi, the more I am starting to admire him as a businessman. It is quite a marketing scheme to package something ancient in such a way that people start buying it. The title of the 'sage', sri sri, long hair, beard etc. add to marketing.

Nice going ravi.
    satay

As I said before , if you read the discussion, you can easily understand that Sri Sri is more interested in fostering peace and tolerance and understanding rather than any intellectual domination bs , which he is quite capable of. That Zakir Naik kept on emphasising his religion is great and not others , is the tragedy of islam , which is quite obvious to any intelligent person anywhere in the world.
    Don't you think it would have been better if he had simply refused to debate with the muslim in the name of peace?

Though that wouldn't have got his company any media attention.

If he can not argue in defence of hinduism and must peddle universalism then he should not have accepted the debate.
    satay

Thread Information