Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Study of the Paramatman

Re: Study of the Paramatman

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Om
    "Paramatman" is not a state of mind, for Pure Mind is Pure Sakti.

Atattva:
    Parasiva, Absolute Reality, beyond all categories (of even Pure Mind)

Ok I read some translation somewhere that said Paramatman meant "man of the earth"

I have no idea because I, unfortunately, know nothing about any Eastern languages outside of Japan.

Two friends in the tantric arts have both mentioned to me that the two practitioners would have to die to achieve this....

any input into the discussion is satisfactory on such a weird and advanced topic...

Namaste Nuno,

I did not mean "mind" in the sense of mental power, mental realms, states, or intellect.

Pure Mind, Pure Sakti and Pure Bliss are not separate, yet Parasiva is transcendent; (per many schools)
    and not unlike Pure Sakti being transcendent of regular or dualistic mind.
    Last edited by Bob G; 19 November 2007 at 08:43 AM.

Hello Lady Hydralist,

I suggest the eight limbed yoga that starts with yama and niyama and always and carefully maintains yama and niyama! One does not and can not get the Divine power per-se or like one can get most things; for if one is true and sincere the Divine power will get them. (and work through them)

This Divine power rests in the very, very deepest depth of the heart of all Beings.

Victory Satguru

Om

Chandogya Upanisad, from chapter 8

'Now , here in this fort of Brahman there is a small lotus, a dwelling place, and within it, a small space. In that space there is something--and that's what you should try to discover, that's what you should seek to perceive.'
    If they ask him: 'yes here in this fort of Brahman there is a small lotus, a dwelling place and within it a small space. But what is there in that space that we should try to discover, that we should seek to percieve?'-- He should reply: As vast as the space here around us is, is this space within the heart, and within it are contained both earth and sky, both fire and wind, both sun and moon, both lightning and stars. What belongs here to this space around us, as well as what does not--all that is contained within it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Hello Lady Hydralist,

I suggest the eight limbed yoga that starts with yama and niyama and always and carefully maintains yama and niyama! One does not and can not get the Divine power per-se or like one can get most things; for if one is true and sincere the Divine power will get them. (and work through them)

This Divine power rests in the very, very deepest depth of the heart of all Beings.

Victory Satguru

Om
    Very well said and true....thank you, these are very good reminders.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHydralisk View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I am studying on how to manifest this at an earthly level and not merely physical to spirit as is often done, right? Well, not often, but often enough, and it's not enough to recalibrate this entire creation.

MY research suggests that the feminine has to merge into the masculine and attain to the supreme absolute, thus you cannot have any attachments whatsoever.

That means two individuals, one male, one female, both having achieved liberation, and both able to transcend duality and all earthly attachments. Two aspects of the absolute, crunched into perfect and completely realized opposites, then throw them together and hope for a huge explosion.
    I think it is completely doable but I get the suspicion I am missing some key components... Oh well...a few more rounds about the universe never hurt anyone...
    Namaste,
    You have said alot above...
    • thus you cannot have any attachments whatsoever.
      This does not come by effort... that is to say I will get rid of my house, and family and clothes as attachments, as things, then I may be free, this is not the intent. [ I am not suggesting you are thinking this, its just a spring board for the conversation]. The 'attachments' is the attachment of the SELF to the body, this is the greatest attachment. One cannot think there way of out it!

If you are curious about this, this HDF post may assist you:
      http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1442
    • Realizing the SELF, the paramatman is not for the chosen few but for those that make it their intent. Yes, Yama and Niyama will assist you, yet these actions are nice guardrails for for the yogini ( that would be you), a good place to start if this path is new to you. Yet it is about turiya.

One can dabble in this , and one can get serious and make a firm resolve- then ones progress is proportional.
    • What is the path? If one does not know where they are going then any road will take you there... don't you think? So what is the this unfoldment? Perhaps this HDF Post(s) will serve you well:
      http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1773
      http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822
    Please ask more questions to ponder there's much to discuss....

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 November 2007 at 01:08 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Lady Hydralisk,

Thanks for the feedback!

ardhnarishwara.jpg

Thread Information