Thread: Informations about Rama-Nama and devas

Informations about Rama-Nama and devas

Namaste all.
    Shri told me:For Rama Nama, it is said that you have to repeat 96 crores(960 million) of it to have a vision of Rama in his Visva-rupa. I dont have any references to this, but it is hearsay. Assuming, you are very sincere and dedicated to this task and nothing else. If you die before completeing this, you will be born in favourable conditions and continue it until this goal is achieved.

I have an important question to ask:is possible that one day the devas (celestial beings) will appear before me in order to divert me from the spiritual practice?

This happened to Dhruva Maharaja,Markandeya and happen to the yogis.
    In my life I had some true Out of Body Experience
    Two nights I had meet an astral being.Once I had a very blissiful experience in the astral world.
    About that astral being,he played with my left astral arm.The sacond night it really scared me.He/She/It was red or brown.Of course it was not an high being like a deva.He was bhuta,ghost or something like that.
    As far as I know the devas are very beatiful beings:for example the Apsaras.
    In the third chapter of Yoga-sutra,Patanjali says:
    52. The Yogi should not feel allured or flattered by the overtures of celestial beings for fear of evil again.

Swami Vivekananda comments so this verse:There are other dangers too; gods and other beings come to tempt the Yogi. They do not want anyone to be perfectly free. They are jealous, just as we are, and worse than us sometimes. They are very much afraid of losing their places. Those Yogis who do not reach perfection die and become gods; leaving the direct road they go into one of the side streets, and get these powers. Then, again, they have to be born. But he who is strong enough to withstand these temptations and go straight to the goal, becomes free.

My two questions are:
    1)If one I will meet devas (like Lord Indra) what kind of overtures they will do to me?Siddhis or something like that?
    2)How will have to behave with them?

Regards,
    Orlando.

Yes, Devas might disrupt you. But the instance is applicable only to meditation and not to any other system as far as I know. Probably some one can lend you a different view

With the Bhakti and Charanagati marg, devas will not disrupt. Meditation as such can lead to many objectives and Post of Indra is one amongst it. More over, Meditation is said to attract devas.

By and large, for a Sri Vaishav like you and me, there will not be any problem as our system has rejected meditation in the sense, not been passed over to us by our perceptors. Hence, Bhakti or Charanagati Marg can lead us to Moksha, in these systems, Devas will not interfere at all

Once your intentions are clear, even if you engage in meditation, I suppose interference will not occur, hence you last two queries can be set aside

Thread Information