Thread: haTha yoga

Arrow haTha yoga

Link to haTha yoga in the Asylum of Sarabhanga

oM shiva goraksha yogI
    Last edited by sarabhanga; 15 July 2008 at 07:08 PM.

Re: haTha yoga

Its interesting that in India i never met nathas who practice hatha yoga. Now they have ashrams and doing pujas and rituals, like other hindus (it seems they are not wondering yogis anymore). I asked maybe 10 or 12 nathas and nonne of them told me that he is practicing hatha yoga (tantra, mantra - yes, but not even pranayama). But many sanyasis of Saraswati order - they know some hatha yoga.

Question Re: haTha yoga

Namaste Vishahara,

Where the dozen nAthA that you met darshanI nAtha (with large kuNDalA piercing the middle of both ears) or aughA (without kuNDalA, and generally living as a householder)? There are many practicing darshanI nAtha yogina yet wandering in India (especially in the north).

Re: haTha yoga

I was talking with darshani , but all of them are smoking charas too much (it means that pranayama impossible for them, because lungs are ill, they have hard cough e.t.c). I asked them, "do you practice sadhana, that dicribed in Hatha Yoga Pradipika" and some of them even did not know about that text, some said that they know text, but practice only japa and worshipping of Lord Gorakshanath.

Thread Information