Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The truth

Re: The truth

As you guys have mentioned, truth is one, sages make it different.....thats what I am trying to say...the reason sages make the truth different b/c it is not perfect enough to be accepted everyone. However, that doesn't mean perfect truth doesn't mean...just means everything else is Maya...Neti....who am I? Not this, not that...what remains, is my essence, the truth.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by skhandelwal View Post
    As you guys have mentioned, truth is one, sages make it different.....thats what I am trying to say.
    Namaste skhandelwal,
    now I see your point.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

So, the question sprung again, how do we know if we are right?(how do we achieve the truth that is beyond/surpasses those of sages and comes to not satisfaction, but absolute belief on a concept that is unrejectable.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    So, the question sprung again, how do we know if we are right?(how do we achieve the truth that is beyond/surpasses those of sages and comes to not satisfaction, but absolute belief on a concept that is unrejectable.
    Namste,
    IMHO the answer [being right] was offered on several previous posts.

Q:OKay, but how to achieve truth?
    A: Become established in turiya, that is, Brahmvidvarishta ( Self Realization) or turiyatit chetana.

Q: And how to do this?
    A: withdraw, then withdraw from the withdrawal say the wise.

Q: But what am I withdrawing to-and-from?
    A: The Vijnana Bhairava gives some insights and dharana ( a practice, contemplation, meditation). It says
    cid-dharna sarva dehesu vishesi nasti kutracit|
    Atashca tanmayam sarvam bhavayan bhavajij-janah||
    The One, which is characterized as Consciousness is residing in all the bodies; there is no differentiation in anything. Therefore ( or Hence ) if a person realizes that everything is full of that (very Consciousness) he conquers the world of becoming

A. Withdrawing from duality, multiplicity of the world around you , to pure consciousness, pure awareness, restful alertness.

Q: And how to do this?
    A:Choose a technique, a upaya.

Q: But which one?
    A:
    • Sambhavopaya [Sambhava - upaya] - this is considered the highest means
    • Saktopaya - this is considered the middle means
    • Anavopaya - this is considered entry level
    Q: But are there others?
    A: Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga - All roads lead to Rome

Q: But I do not know where to start?
    A: Then start with Anavopaya - this is considered entry level

Q: Where can I get some of this knowledge?
    A:
    • Reading Vijnana Bhairava Tantra or many other books on this subject matter or;
    • find a Guru
    • or a sadhu that is progressing that will assist you
    • or an organization¹ that fits your disposition
    • or sit still and discover it for yourself
    Q: But How will I know I will be successful?
    A: 'No effort is every lost' - Krsna, the Bhagavad Gita

pranams

1. Kriya Yoga, ISKON, Paramahamsa Nithyananda, Divine Life Society ( Sivananda ashram), TM Program, etc., etc.
    Last edited by yajvan; 22 December 2007 at 06:11 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,

The truth does not become clear in you until it is heard again and again and meditated upon again and again.

Yoga Vasișțha, sadhu Kundadanta on Liberation, or Nirvāṇa Prakaranam, Chapt 6.2.185
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Dear skhandelwal,

The truth is not beyond.

The truth is that you got to exist, even to speculate upon what is truth. Man is the truth. Uktha is the truth of Man. Arkya is the truth of Man. Uktha and Arkya both mean OM. Om originates in "Not Two", but manifests as a couple (vital breath and speech).

Existence itself is the truth. Vedic Rishis teach: Truth and only truth.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Apparently you just know. Its not intellectual, so I am told. No discussion or words can do it justice. One cannot describe the Self, for it is beyond description, beyond words, the nothingness that is still everything. (Certainly way beyond my limited perception, and yet how many beings on this planet have even heard of self-realisation, or that there is a truth within? We Hindus are blessed indeed. Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information