Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
aaii ... ? i have not seen anyone sitting on anything else on a hindu temple either.

u can say it is has a flavor of Islam as they worship a book (in a sense) and not deities.

Sitting on floor is absolutely Hindu, we have been doing it much before anybody else ... and muslims hardly get to sit on the floor really!!
I ve been to a Hindu Temple during Diwali

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Sounds a whole lot like a North Indian style temple service, which I've been to. I always am doubtful about the prasadam bit, as that seems to me an odd reason to visit a temple. Sometimes I've left before prasad is served, as I go to see God, not to eat. The fans are common in Hinduism as well. When we march our Ganesha on parade, the same fans are used in front of the deity, and I believe are just creating a nice cool refreshing breeze to clear the air, and vibration in front of the God, and in the Sikh case the holy book. I have never liked the sermons because I can't understand a word of it, either in Hindi, or Punjabi, as in your case. At our temple, there is no sermon. I suppose the food would be good. I really should go some day, just in the spirit of tolerance. Never been to a synagogue or a mosque either. Does anyone know the rules for non-believers?
Please tell me of the vibration you felt. Thats what I'm really interested in. Aum Namasivaya

definately check out a Mosque and Synagouge. I would recomend going to reform, conservative and Orthodox jewish temples to get a full taste of Judaism.