Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A.K.A. Osho

Re: A.K.A. Osho

Satay,

For one I did give my opinion... which for some reason you keep saying or implying that I didn't? And since you actually quoted my opinion earlier how could you also miss it? Here it is again: "My personal opinion of not only Osho but of certain and varied so-called "gurus" is that if they don't follow and teach the yamas then I don't kid myself about them being a true guru. (regardless of how much or how well they co-opt spiritual teachings to sound wise and or holy)"

True guru-devas of the golden-white-light (Hindu or otherwise) do not offend me in the least. Jai Guru!

Also to repeat: "if public information, via eye-witness accounts, newspaper reports and 1st hand testimony offends you that is your choice" And if this is not at least the beginning of a reason to submit something along the lines of revealing cult manipulations then I really have to wonder where you are coming from?

If you are one of the creators of this website or one of the administrators then you can warn or threaten me about deleting my thread or membership - otherwise who are you to say such a thing?

Lastly, I'm not pursuing this thread anymore since my "context" (which I had hoped and or assumed most would extrapolate from the material) was to bring up information and the possibilty of hellish like cult manipulation of impressionable young (and not so young) people by well known figures who imo are not really that well known... further I know that it is not my place to prove or disprove such, for it is really the place of people who are involved to do so for themselves. My opening quote could have been better...and so could have your quote of: "He spoke openly about the poison christianity and the bible has spread into humanity". Interesting generalization (just kidding) and it implys to me that Osho didn't think Swami Yogananda, Ramakrishna and many others didn't know what they were talking about.

Om

namaskar Bob,

For one I did give my opinion... which for some reason you keep saying or implying that I didn't? And since you actually quoted my opinion earlier how could you also miss it? Here it is again: "My personal opinion of not only Osho but of certain and varied so-called "gurus" is that if they don't follow and teach the yamas then I don't kid myself about them being a true guru. (regardless of how much or how well they co-opt spiritual teachings to sound wise and or holy)"
    Yes, Bob, you did give me your opinion but only after I requested it. In your original post of this thread, all I see is a dump of propaganda from other sites.

So to clarify, in your Original Post (OP), since it is all a dump of already available propaganda on the internet, without your opinion, the post and thus the thread is ‘out of context’.

Thus the purpose of what you were implying seems that you were attacking osho but my question was ‘why’. And that question, you still have not answered.

What was the purpose of attacking Osho? Has he offended you in some way?

There is no shame in admitting that he has offended you since he offended almost everyone in this world!

True guru-devas of the golden-white-light (Hindu or otherwise) do not offend me in the least. Jai Guru!
    Could you please share with us the qualifications of a ‘true guru’? What do you mean by 'true-guru'? What is 'golden-white-light'?

Also to repeat: "if public information, via eye-witness accounts, newspaper reports and 1st hand testimony offends you that is your choice" And if this is not at least the beginning of a reason to submit something along the lines of revealing cult manipulations then I really have to wonder where you are coming from?
    I don’t get it. First, you said that this information is already available on the net. And now, you are implying that by posting this cut and paste information from other sites, you were trying to ‘reveal cult manipulations’. By posting it in ‘Other dharma forums’?

I simply don’t get the purpose of your OP which was without your opinion, was a clear cut and paste from propaganda sites about someone who is not even a Hindu let alone be a hindu guru!

If you are one of the creators of this website or one of the administrators then you can warn or threaten me about deleting my thread or membership - otherwise who are you to say such a thing?
    Yes, the thread will be deleted as I still don’t understand the purpose of cutting and dumping propaganda about some non-hindu guru here on HDF.

Lastly, I'm not pursuing this thread anymore since my "context" (which I had hoped and or assumed most would extrapolate from the material) was to bring up information and the possibilty of hellish like cult manipulation of impressionable young (and not so young) people by well known figures who imo are not really that well known... further I know that it is not my place to prove or disprove such, for it is really the place of people who are involved to do so for themselves.
    One can only decide if a group or a organization is a ‘hellish cult’ by examining facts from both sides and not only from false propaganda.

My quote about ‘He spoke openly about the poison chirsitianity and bible has spread into humanity’ is a fact.

But to verify that you will have to the take the initiative of reading one of his books.

My opening quote could have been better...and so could have your quote of: "He spoke openly about the poison christianity and the bible has spread into humanity". Interesting generalization (just kidding) and it implys to me that Osho didn't think Swami Yogananda, Ramakrishna and many others didn't know what they were talking about.
    I don’t know what osho thought of anyone including all the hindu guru names you mentioned. But I do know that he thought and said that ‘Hinduism is the sickest religion in the world’ and that 'Hinduism is a cancer of humanity'.

To understand those statements, again, one has to read the background of why he said that and his context.

Now, back to my problem with your OP:

- The OP is a cut and paste from other sites, without any context and is an attack on someone (non-hindu), without any opinion of the poster.
    - I have been unable to find any reasonable motivation of the OP apart from trying to prove by copying, cutting and paste information from other sites, without any context, that Osho’s was a ‘hellish cult’.
    The thread will be deleted because of the following reasons:

- Information contained in the OP is a cut and paste dump about someone. This information is available freely elsewhere on the internet; so therefore, I don’t see a reason to keep it here on HDF.
    I don’t see how this cut and paste dump on HDF is in the spirit of ‘positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma’ especially, when Osho was not even a hindu guru!

It breaks the following site rules:

• No Offensive Posts, Links, or Images: This site is for positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma, so please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise in violation of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, and bookmarks, as well as posted images, photos, and avatars. Site administrators will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
    Thanks Bob!
    satay

namaste Singhi,

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Gurus who are after mass-following annoy me too. They do harm to their followers and society at large in an effort to become a celebrity. It is better to follow film stars instead.
    Especially those gurus who say 'they are hindu' when conveinent for them.

Regarding osho, yes, he lived like a film star but to understand why he did, you will have to read his talks...

Why do I need to say it here ?. No need ... was just adding on to the thread
    Yes, I am still waiting for the analysis on sri sri too.

However being aware of false gurus in Kali Yuga is an important thing and our scriptures have ample passages on whom to take on as a guru. Broad guideline is parampara and dharma nistha.
    Obviously, however, with respect to osho, he was neither a hindu himself nor a hindu guru, though he took his meditation ideas from tantra.
    Last edited by satay; 18 December 2007 at 11:56 PM.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    On the other hand, it is also true that the unconventional methods used by Osho had to have repercussions. The left handed methods are always kept secret, to avoid backlash from society and also not to create too much of ripples. Osho was possibly not careful about that and as SM has indicated, a fascination for fame will mean downfall of any Guru.
    It is my understanding by reading his talks that he thought precisely due to the fact that 'this left hand information is kept secret' that our society is in the state that it is now. But I digress...

In this regard, once a guru was accused, in a stray publication, of indulging in sex with female devotees. The guru said gleefully "Now, people will know that I am bad and the popularity will go down, leaving me more time for meditation".
    Yes, that really sounds like osho! Obviously, looking at him from the 'hindu lens' it is going to be shocking to some, especially to reporters and to those who banned his booked because he spoke the truth.

---------------

It is good for us to take the good and ignore what does not suit us and good for us to remember that Shiva also is known as bahuninditaya -- reviled by many.

Regards to all.

Om Namah Shivaya
    Shiva is the jagad guru, revealer of all knowledge including tantra.
    satay

Ok delete it already, you have made your version clear. Also it's very strange to me that you also keep quoting (via a more or less cut and paste method) Osho's hateful anti-Hindu remarks and somehow justify same by saying one must read his propaganda???

What a true Guru is...etc. Om

Namaskar Bob G,

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Ok delete it already, you have made your version clear. Also it's very strange to me that you also keep quoting (via a more or less cut and paste method) Osho's hateful anti-Hindu remarks and somehow justify same by saying one must read his propaganda???

What a true Guru is...etc. Om
    Osho's remark about hinduism were not 'hateful' and his discourses were not propaganda. To understand the context of his remarks one has to take the initiative and read his discourses. However, I digress...
    Last edited by satay; 19 December 2007 at 12:03 AM.
    satay

Osho was a typical man of 6th kala in shaktivad nomenclature. He believed that world can be cured by telling it the truth - and he always spoke of whatever he believed as true. Many of the time I find myself in agreement with him, many of the times I don't.

One has to appreciate his courage of speech.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

What is the 6th kala in shaktivad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    What is the 6th kala in shaktivad?
    I had discussed it long back. Will send you a PM just for your expressed curosity. It is the philosophy I try to follow along with Tantra, and it is a hard pill to sollow.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Thread Information