Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revelation to Women

Re: Revelation to Women

Namaste Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    I have chosen , so it seems, not to have children, as Liberation is far more stronger a desire....

Frees me up for lots of reading, satsang, practices...

Many have desire for children, and that's great or we wouldn't be here would we ?
    Having at least one children is a dharmic duty of a 'dampati' (husband-wife). Hinduism encourages couples to have more children. How else can the waiting souls have their rebirths?

Children or no children, housewives generally have more leisure time than their working husbands. With the right basic education, they are free to pursue their 'sAdhanA' or other type of spiritual advancement in devotion, music, dance, etc. That today's housewife is however more influenced by the shallow media entertainments than pursuits of spiritual excellence is another matter. The willing, however, have the way readily open to them.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Matos View Post
    Namaste

A fact is only explained by other facts as all in this macro universe is ruled by Karma i.e. cause and effect.
    There is always casues and effect, yes Nuno?
    Yet what happens to this law when a sadhu walks and lives in Brahman?

For cause and efffect to occur there needs to be an object and subject, would you not agree?

Yet when Brahmvidvarishta (Self Realization) blossoms where is there two? What then happens to this karma and the universe?

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 December 2007 at 12:09 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Talking Re: Revelation to Women

Namaste Yajvan

It could happen two things, the karma and this universe become suspended i.e. neuter; the karma and this universe extinguish them selfs.

" For cause and efffect to occur there needs to be an object and subject, would you not agree? "

Einstein would not disagree that ghostly causes can hunt you or anybody else directly from the past.

" Yet what happens to this law when a sadhu walks and lives in Brahman?"

I do not Know for Brahman only Arjuna as saw it by the hand of Krishna. The rest of the world can only in avdya vaguely talk about it especially in this Kali yuga Were there are very few real karma killers.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Matos View Post
    It could happen two thing´s, the karma and this universe become suspended i.e. neuter; the karma and this universe extinguish them self´s.

" For cause and effect to occur there needs to be an object and subject, would you not agree? "

Einstein would not disagree that ghostly causes can hunt you or anybody else directly from the past.
    Namaste N,

Yet if this is true, then there is this 'ghostly past' and the 'present', again two. and there is the 'ghost' and then there is someone in the present, again two.

What I am suggesting is with the realization of SELF, the world changes, the same 'laws' we thought to be steadfast seem not to apply.

Its as if one goes from a Newtonian world of physics, to An Einstein world view... then from a Einsteinian¹ world view to a ...etc. etc., and finally to a Upanisad-ian view of how THIS works and its origin.

So what is the point?
    Knowledge is different in different states of consciousness.

In avidya, there is duplicity, as we write laws based upon this multiplicity we see around us... then one has the flash of insight and find there is no two, no duplicity and the laws change, that is, how one views the world changes. It is these muni's that are most valued to give us a glimpse of satyam, of the truth.

pranams

1. some may say from Einsteinian, one would go to Quantium Field Theory, then String Theory, etc. etc. What is of great interst here, is we get finer and finer in the resolution ( granulaity) of coming to the Absolute.
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 December 2007 at 05:52 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    I4. As people opined here, Hindu scriptures definitely gave a high place for women in their entire hierarchy of existence. Our goddesses are on par with the gods. Hindu dharma seemingly did not encourage women to become as learned as their husbands, but such bar was not in the system, only in the society, due to the narrowmindedness of men.
    Namaste,

From Manu smti Chapt 3, sloka 55 and 56
    • Women must be honoured and adorned by their fathers, brothers, husbands, and brothers-in-law, who desire (their own) welfare.
    • Where women are honoured, there the gods are pleased; but where they are not honoured, no sacred rite yields rewards.
    pranams
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information