Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am the knucklehead

Re: I am the cyclops

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,
    (ZN, it is nice to see you posting again)...

EM writes,
    Knucklehead originated with the three stooges,
    Quality Television at its best. I never had so much fun watchng Larry, Moe and Curley ( some like Shemp better)... they brought smiles to millions. Moe , Larry... cheese!

sarabhanga writes
    When Indra and Indrani are perfectly united there is only Yama (the Twin), and when that Cyclops winks there are no half measures!

when I think of Yama my mind goes to the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad and the question given to yajnavalkya muni: kim-devato'syam daksinayam disy asiti - which is the devata/deity that rules the southern direction?
    The sage replys Yama is the diety. We also see Yama as dharmaraj. This dharmaraj is the ultimate deciding factor... no blinking, no half steps.

pranams
    Last edited by yajvan; 01 January 2008 at 01:18 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: I am the cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Namaste Atanu,

When Indra and Indrani are perfectly united there is only Yama (the Twin), and when that Cyclops winks there are no half measures!
    Namaste Sarabhanga,

What you say is always valuable. Indra-Indrani copulating and then going to sleep, but the Sat (Antaryama and antaryami as ONE) never slumbers.

So, the couple, as you said in another post, is a myth. "Death was alone there - advitiyam", say the scriptures. And death is equated to hunger (desire). And this advitiyam -- Pragnya is merely the ray (smoke) of the immortal Advitiyam -- the Sat (beyond hunger).

The myth is however apparently, all juice, all honey -- in three states of existence, and cause of death. Three times Agni dies and becomes scared and comes to hide inside the waters (Man), till woken up by Varuna (Agni's God form).

Prostrations to Varuna, the Mandukya.
    -----
    Welcome back ZN.

Aye, like the beam of a lighthouse which casts everything into shadow but its brilliance ... is it more unbearable to be blinded or to cast oneself into darkness??
    Always wonder with awe at your expressions. This knucklehead thread has become wise.

Om
    Last edited by atanu; 02 January 2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Re: I am the knucklehead

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Namaste atanu,
    I am in hopes the new year finds you well & in good health...

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    It is noted that in all cases, the two eyes are the best of friends, always acting together --- seeing, sleeping etc
    It is of interest that we have our two eyes, yet we say you see ( singular vs. plural). Just as we have two ears, but we hear.

Yet we say at times are you only half hearing what I am saying? as if to hear with one ear? Or do you not fully see what I am saying? as if 'seeing' is more reliable then hearing.
    So as we get closer to the truth, seeing becomes the touchstone for reliability... as such we have our seers , the rishi's that 'see' or cognize the truth (satyam) in their consciousness/awareness.

I wrote,
    Now if I was walking down the street and a woman winked at me, I think it's flirting
    and you replied
    That gives a nice feeling even to think of that. A slight boiling up of Soma

Yes, you are right... this does not happen often ( in fact 1x in 55 years) and it made my heart flutter; I had no control over this, totally spontaneous. I am in hopes the devata in charge enjoyed the soma.

pranams
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

re knucklehead: Ganapati bhaktars knock the sides of their heads with knuckles 3 times with arms folded as well as pull their ears down three times. I have been told this is to open the cranium to a higher vibration from the deity, and to help open the inner ears. (Yajvan: I don't think it worked for Larry on Moe) Do others have any other explanations? Also some people when prostrating (South Indian style, full out) touch both ears to the ground/floor. There's mysticism around these sense organs to be sure. Clairaudience and clairvoiyance come to mind. Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

EM writes
    knock the sides of their heads with knuckles 3 times with arms folded as well as pull their ears down three times. I have been told this is to open the cranium to a higher vibration from the deity, and to help open the inner ears. (Yajvan: I don't think it worked for Larry on Moe)
    If it did work i.e. knock the sides of their heads with knuckles 3 times these folks then were enlightened muni's... God bless them.

pranams
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Namaste atanu,
    I am in hopes the new year finds you well & in good health...
    --
    Yes, you are right... this does not happen often ( in fact 1x in 55 years) and it made my heart flutter; I had no control over this, totally spontaneous. I am in hopes the devata in charge enjoyed the soma.

pranams
    Namaste Yajvan Ji,

May the new year find you in such good condition that you begin to get more winks. However, probably a man gets wise and wants nothing more than 1x in 55 years.

Regards

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information